Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 72004 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 09:10:40 am »

Sing "The Wheels on the Bus". Roll a 5 for singing.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 09:15:30 am »

Try to sing along. Roll for Speech

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 04:23:10 pm »

The ride down is uneventful, save for some prodigiously terrible singing. However, the landing is something different. The ship lands not at a normal port but appears to have landed somewhere within the confines of the palace compound itself. The area they landed is in a large courtyard, open to the sky, but closed in on all sides by high walls. The courtyard is quite well designed, the walls pillared and inlaid with mosaics, as is the floor, though it has clearly been blasted with exhaust far too many times for the mosaic's colors to remain as anything but shades of gray and black. This appears to be the palace's private landing area, if this was, indeed the palace.

Across from the shuttle's opening hatch was a hall, leading out of the courtyard and deeper into the building, no doubt. At that hall was a procession of men. An older man stood in the center, a dark skinned, heavily wrinkled, bald head poking out of an expansive collection of colorful robes. Despite his extravagant clothing, his face was set in a dour, detached, somewhat disapproving glare which, if the deep creases around his mouth and eyes were anything to go by, was his natural state of being. At his sides and behind him were what you could naturally assume were palace guards. Their clothing is Monochrome, mostly white with some grays and blacks, and more tight fitting then the man they guard. Their face is veiled and you could almost consider them nothing but ceremonial if not for the weapons they carried. One was what appeared to be an indeed ceremonial curved blade and a hooked dagger stuffed in their cloth belt, but the rifle slung across their shoulder was modern enough.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 04:44:22 pm »

Flint opened a private channel to the rest of the team and made sure his speakers were off.
"So, how do we do this. Hang back while you leader guys exchange greetings? Go for a parade formation?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »

Flint opened a private channel to the rest of the team and made sure his speakers were off.
"So, how do we do this. Hang back while you leader guys exchange greetings? Go for a parade formation?"

On private comms back to team:

"We wait for a second to let them come to us. We're their guests, after all, might be best to let them make the first move.

Lars, if they talk to us, you have the word for now. Rest of you, stand in line behind him. Flint, you and me on the flanks."

PW, you mentioned giving more details about the meeting would be given on our way down. Should we still expect that, or are we just gonna wing it?

Stand on flank opposite of Flint and Gilgamesh, stand at attention with naginata held in front of me. Avoid looking anyone in the eye with any of my 6 eyes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:05:22 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2014, 04:51:10 pm »

Lyra

I carefully stand myself up on my two hind legs, and slowly walk into position in line. trying to not be in the front, nor the back.

EDIT:
((I'd point out that I meant to form a line horizontally behind him, but eh, details.))
EDIT2: bolding action
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:48:10 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2014, 05:02:00 pm »

Do as commanded. Try not to fuck up in simply standing in line.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2014, 05:03:51 pm »

Stand in line closer to the back.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2014, 05:10:13 pm »

((I'd point out that I meant to form a line horizontally behind him, but eh, details.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »

Stand next to Lyra.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »

Stand last on the right.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2014, 06:39:39 pm »

(PostingtoDiplo)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »

"You got it boss."

Flint got Gilgamesh into position in the flank of the line, a step behind the other men to ensure he wasn't overshadowing them. He got the Rainbow Cannon into Indigo Hydra mode, letting the heads of the transformed weapon track the changes in front of him as he stood at attention and scanned his surroundings.
I bet having a weapon that constantly stares everything moving around it should make me look more vigilant. If the enemy thinks we're ready for everything, they'll be more reluctant to try anything.

Oh, first of all, scan the surrounding area and the people we're meeting with using Gilgamesh's cameyes, just in case. Anything interesting about them? You can never be certain about when there might be assassins lurking around.

Then stand on the flanks as ordered, wielding the Rainbow Cannon at Indigo Hydra mode. Make sure the weapon transformation is visible. Generally look like an awesome bodyguard, just like I rehearsed it in the shuttle.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:26:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2014, 10:25:51 pm »

Stand next to Jim and/or Miyamoto, standing confident but relaxed.  Have the Pyramid of Power slowly orbiting around me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2014, 10:46:40 pm »

Lars spoke across the team's radio.  "Yes, General."

Move to the front.  Keep weapon slung across my back, with my hands held loosely at my sides.  Don't speak until spoken to, and don't look at anyone in the eyes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45