Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 71981 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2014, 10:34:46 pm »

Display the awesome power of the laser rifle!

Stand idle and wait until needed.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2014, 01:04:16 pm »

Renen speaks to Miyamoto in private:
I think it's better not to show everything we have. We don't know if we can fully trust them. I will show the speed and the kinetic amps. Is better not to show the sword for now.

Wait for Mesk's presentation to end. After that, enter BT, move with the maximum speed and destroy all the targets with the kinetic amps.

((Just a question, do I still have Faith's baton?))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2014, 10:20:40 am »

Still do nothing! Oh, and get hold of a support of some kind, or hold on to someone. I might need it.
You're lucky bowel control is so important for diplomatic missions.

"Stand back, ladies and gentlemen.  Hope there's nothing delicate behind that target."
Show off the Pyramid of Power.

(I think this might be the first time I've actually fired this thing.)
You walk over to the area in front of the advisory and show off your weapon for a few seconds before taking aim down range. You line your hand up with the target as best you can (note to self, duct tape a sight to this thing) and then concentrate on firing. The pyramid begins to spin on its axis (Note to self amendment, tape the sight to the arm, not the weapon.) and makes an increasingly loud screeching noise before suddenly coming to a halt. The upper third of one of the targets along with a neat semi-circular chunk of the hill behind it vanish.

"A bit high" you mutter.

The Adviser seems impressed regardless.

"Oh, I am sorry. I just wanted to learn a bit more about this place."
Apologize and then move away from the guard.

I guess I could use that phrasebook, but that would make for one of the slowest conversations ever... Not really helpful, considering we're probably not going to be with them for long. Still... that's strange.

Ask Steve (privately): "These guys seem to be treating us very... openly. I mean, the guards don't even know our language, they don't have heavy firepower, the advisor is following us around while we're showing them all our lethal death tubes... What if we were plotting to kill them or hold their king hostage or something? I see almost no suspicion from them. Not that I'm complaining, it's just... is that normal?"

Maybe there's something wrong here? Why would they be so trusting? They don't know much about us, they have no reason to trust us. Unless those propaganda vids I helped Lars make were THAT good.
Well, I can't do or say anything without evidence anyway, so I might as well keep doing what I was doing.

Start getting a dynamic bonus for demonstrating the weapon.
Demonstrate it if it is time to do so.
If I cannot use that spoiler, I'm fine with that, just use a roll. I would just like to make extra certain that I do not demonstrate Indigo, Orange and Blue mode, just explain their effects. And that everyone is at a safe distance, since the weapon does produce quite a bit of heat and destruction.

Spoiler: Demonstration (click to show/hide)
>They're treating you openly because you're speaking to an adviser and a bunch of ceremonial guards. You're showing off to the welcome wagon. It you ever get anywhere near anyone considered a valuble target then you'll start being under scrutiny. Then again, this is scrutiny of its own kind right here.

We'll assume you show off the weapon. I'd write something out but...you've kinda already done my job for me with that thing.  We'll just say that the Adviser was suitably impressed.

Renen speaks to Miyamoto in private:
I think it's better not to show everything we have. We don't know if we can fully trust them. I will show the speed and the kinetic amps. Is better not to show the sword for now.

Wait for Mesk's presentation to end. After that, enter BT, move with the maximum speed and destroy all the targets with the kinetic amps.

((Just a question, do I still have Faith's baton?))
Assumed you gave it back to  her after she wasn't possessed and also limbless.

You zip around, slapping the targets down while jogging in BT.

The adviser nods thoughtfully at the display and notes something down on a pad he is carrying.

"Any relation to the," He hesitates a moment,"Arbiters of Peace?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »

Lars waited watchfully.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2014, 10:05:24 am »

Miya shot off a quick message to his team.

Probably best not to mention the Doc being alive and in our employment. Perhaps stay vague and non committed about it (e.g."we got our hands on some research data on them a while back.").

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »

((Yes! Soon, piecewise's job will be mine![/joking]
Well, I just copied what you wrote from my notes and changed it a bit, so I didn't do your work for you, I just plagiarised it.))

Probably best not to mention the Doc being alive and in our employment. Perhaps stay vague and non committed about it (e.g."we got our hands on some research data on them a while back.").
Hell, we could just say our scientists were merely inspired by them and tried to copy their work. Not much they can do to disprove that.

Start reading that phrasebook-dictionary thing I got. Try to memorise some simple things I might need like "Hello", "Goodbye", "Help", "Surrender","Thank you","Food","Water","Attack". Take it slow, no need to focus too much on it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2014, 07:45:30 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
((Point taken.))
Sudden feeling of dread filled Maurice. Yet, in a few minutes, he turned from inexplicable outward dread to inside one of foreboding and brooding.
Quietly pray to Mistress Medicine and search inside me for revelation. Can the Doctor be trusted? Where does the true path of humanity lie? Do we really have the right to take the evolution's job over to our hands? What was the mistake that led to the Altered Wars, and how could we avoid it if we took to the path once again?
Or was it ever a mistake? Were we, by chance, on the wrong, wrong side of the conflict, one that belonged to the past of the humanity?

If anywhere, here, on this planet, where biological research is abound, deep in the tenets of the Wayfarer religion, here I might find an answer.
Closed off from outside world by the faceless shell of his Mk II, confident in that his skills were not immediately needed to the mission, yet, should the need arise, Commander Miyamoto would have him at a moment's notice, Maurice slipped to introspection.
((An Intu roll, a random piece of pseudophilosophical gibberish, please, whatever. Faces in the clouds all the way.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2014, 09:15:12 am »

In case Renen not Lars post an action to answer them, say following:

"I think they served as a basis for his design, but I don't know more specific details than that."[\s]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:58:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »

We researched them a little and this is an attempt to make something better than them. The rest of the info is classified.

Renen tells the advisor.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:01:28 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2014, 03:07:22 am »

((Point taken.))
Sudden feeling of dread filled Maurice. Yet, in a few minutes, he turned from inexplicable outward dread to inside one of foreboding and brooding.
Quietly pray to Mistress Medicine and search inside me for revelation. Can the Doctor be trusted? Where does the true path of humanity lie? Do we really have the right to take the evolution's job over to our hands? What was the mistake that led to the Altered Wars, and how could we avoid it if we took to the path once again?
Or was it ever a mistake? Were we, by chance, on the wrong, wrong side of the conflict, one that belonged to the past of the humanity?

If anywhere, here, on this planet, where biological research is abound, deep in the tenets of the Wayfarer religion, here I might find an answer.
Closed off from outside world by the faceless shell of his Mk II, confident in that his skills were not immediately needed to the mission, yet, should the need arise, Commander Miyamoto would have him at a moment's notice, Maurice slipped to introspection.
((An Intu roll, a random piece of pseudophilosophical gibberish, please, whatever. Faces in the clouds all the way.))
((Hey, a convert to Xanism!
Because you know that's going to happen. It's a goddamn intuition roll.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2014, 06:35:14 am »

wait
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2014, 10:07:34 am »

((Yes! Soon, piecewise's job will be mine![/joking]
Well, I just copied what you wrote from my notes and changed it a bit, so I didn't do your work for you, I just plagiarised it.))

Hell, we could just say our scientists were merely inspired by them and tried to copy their work. Not much they can do to disprove that.

Start reading that phrasebook-dictionary thing I got. Try to memorise some simple things I might need like "Hello", "Goodbye", "Help", "Surrender","Thank you","Food","Water","Attack". Take it slow, no need to focus too much on it.
Oddly they don't have an entry for surrendering to a hostile foreign power because you accidentally committed a ballistic faux pas. You get the rest though. Their native language is very...phlegm-y. You get the feeling you would have to get a pretty bad cold to speak it well.

((Point taken.))

Can the doctor be trusted

I looked in vain for a reaction image adequate for that question. Is this honestly a question? I think you can answer that for  yourself.

Anyways: lets answer these with the mechanical muse!

Where does the true path of humanity lie:

...Phosphorus...

...Carbonscape...

...They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light...

Do we really have the right to take the evolution's job over to our hands?
...Branded...

...Godeater...

...Whispers...
What was the mistake that led to the Altered Wars, and how could we avoid it if we took to the path once again?
...Acolyte...

...Reject All You Have Learned...

...Prophet's Sacrifice...
...Army of Empty...

...Inquisition...

...Ego Death...

We researched them a little and this is an attempt to make something better than them. The rest of the info is classified.

Renen tells the advisor.

The adviser nods carefully, steepling his fingers. "Yes. That is understandable." He pauses for a long moment, "Is there anything else you wish to display?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2014, 10:55:13 am »

(( Oh. Wow.
You keep defying expectations. Just added the mechanical muse to the list of 'Ask Piecewise for ER ruleset when this all is over'.
And also, I meant the Doctor part more as 'can he be trusted to serve the humanity and higher purpose', but finding out myself is a fine idea too. First thing back on the ship.))
Overcome with the prophetic fever and ragged pieces of dreams, Maurice shook slightly, and staggered.
What... How... Why...
He slowly closed his eyes, and nodded to himself.
Now this is up to me. Alea iacta est, as Simus would have said, the die is cast. I have the answers, and now I must interpret them right and act upon it, for the good of the humanity and the ARM. His lips curled slightly. And especially for the good of the poor, bloody 'Corps.
His eyes steeled again. Yet one thing is clear, with dazzling, stunning clarity in its simplicity. Whether or not the Doctor can be trusted, whether he is an abomination or a saint, whether he does serve the higher purpose and the humanity or only self - I can answer that for myself.
And, I believe, I can just ask him.

Recover from stun!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2014, 12:24:57 pm »

Lars asked over the comm channel,  "Is there anything else?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2014, 12:54:58 pm »

Lars asked over the comm channel,  "Is there anything else?"

Message back:
"I think we've about shown them enough to convince him. Maybe just tell him there's a lot more back on Hep, and that we can send them data later on to prove it, but aside from that I think we're ready to move on."

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45