Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169107 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 18: The final sunset
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »

Find the shade. It will soon be gone.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:09:16 pm by piecewise »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:56:19 am »

We are so screwed
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:12:33 am »

The spacesuit was slightly uncomfortable for the Chief. Her team was composed of nitwits, abominations and robots as far as she could tell. She had stopped smoking due to the faceplate, and now would presumably hurtle where none of her tribe had hurtled before. Would it be painful? Presumably yes. Lethal? Quite possibly. And while she is on the smokes, she doesn't quite care. But there was an important issue to consider.

"Do we make groups now or later?" she wonders aloud.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:25:06 am »

"Later, most likely", Gorat replies. He is back in both his Mk II and his stasis suit, not that the latter is visible under the former. "We don't know yet that we'll get to split up, and if we do, I want whoever does determine teams to get a chance to learn at least a bit about us, so they don't make one team out of idiots or worse."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:11:16 am »

"Learn more about us. Yes."

She taps her faceplate.

"I am Dawa Maal Leeyes, or the Chief. My skills are making things, taking them apart, and other things less so. Am unfamiliar with much of technology, but can work with things well enough. No good with this," she says, pointing at her sniper rifle. "Will lend to someone if there is need for far-away shooting. Who are the rest of you?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 07:23:24 am »

"I am Gorat Ivanos, also called Chin. I mostly use amplifier implants, which some people call space magic. I use them to manipulate temperature and do some kind of telekinesis. Also, I have a laser rifle," Gorat pats on the rifle, " and a few oddities thanks to our mystery monger Nyars."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 07:28:36 am »

"What is telekinesis? Do you mean the mass manipulation psychokinetic amplifier? And what are the oddities?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 07:39:11 am »

"That and a microwave one, yes. The oddities... one, I have a suit that puts me into a seemingly impenetrable stasis for a pre-determined amount of time, currently about an hour. Two, I opened a flask that apparently contained the personalities of many previous HMRC members that somehow now talk to me. Three, they claim that this somhow makes me resistant to mind control. Four, I don't know if I can trust them, and by proxy myself, so I asked the armory master for a shock trigger for my shock implant so that someone I trust can shock me if I somehow endanger the mission and Steve can't shock me quick enough."

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 07:43:55 am »

"Interesting."

And slightly alarming.

"Also, there are free guns at armory," she says, pointing at the Testament prototype she also seems to have obtained. "Still some left in return for report after mission."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:09 am »

"I had heard. I don't think I need one, but if any of you need a weapon, ask General Miyamoto for one of them, that's the proper channel as far as I know." Gorat tells whoever else is in the shuttle.

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 08:41:07 am »

"I'm Dubley. I have a brand new mark three and two powerful untested deathtubes."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 11:00:58 am »

"I guess that makes you more effective than just your pickaxe. In theory, at least."

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »

"Don't question the effectiveness of my pickaxe. It saved my life last mission. And it earned me one of those death tubes."
Caress my pickaxe lovingly.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 02:38:27 pm »

"Oh? What happened on the mission?"

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »

((you....may come to regret asking that :P))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89