Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169283 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1290 on: March 17, 2015, 12:38:28 pm »

>Alright, so this planet has several new molten canyons, that city we visited in the beginning was partially buried and destroyed thanks to shockwaves, and the alien creature is still in relatively low orbit so I'm rerouting you to another continent before we head upwards. We got some good data, some good artifacts and in the chaos that ensued, the king of that particular civilization somehow ended up dead and his cities were badly damaged. Now when the rulers we backed come in, it will be seen more as a gesture of aid to rebuild, as opposed to a hostile take over. Funny how that worked out, eh?

W-well, that seems awfully convenient.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:10 pm »

>Alright, so this planet has several new molten canyons, that city we visited in the beginning was partially buried and destroyed thanks to shockwaves, and the alien creature is still in relatively low orbit so I'm rerouting you to another continent before we head upwards. We got some good data, some good artifacts and in the chaos that ensued, the king of that particular civilization somehow ended up dead and his cities were badly damaged. Now when the rulers we backed come in, it will be seen more as a gesture of aid to rebuild, as opposed to a hostile take over. Funny how that worked out, eh?
"I feel like I should feel angry about having been a pawn in this, but I'm not. Go figure. Did the other teams make it out?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 17, 2015, 02:13:23 pm »

Stunned, Vincent responded to Steve "If we win this war, the intention is to institute a better and less corrupt government right? We aren't just going to be the HMRC under different management are we?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 17, 2015, 03:49:16 pm »

"Huh. Totally forgot I had that. Well then, here ya go. Also, we gonna get extra pay for setting off that series of events? It's like we did two missions in one."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #1294 on: March 17, 2015, 08:39:03 pm »

Better stay in character, Tek thought to himself.  What would King Sulan... etc. say?

"As a representative of the Q'Baja people, we are outraged that you engineered this tragedy!  Many lives were sent to Anubis and the property damage is astronomical!  We demand that ARM cease meddling in the semi-sovereign affairs of Q'Baja immediately, or at least work really hard to make it up to the ambassador assigned to your case, us King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen III."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:55:31 pm by Nunzillor »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 18, 2015, 02:09:02 am »

"I have an important question, did you find the champagne?, second question do we need to do anything on this other continent or are we just waiting for flaming cuthulu mothra to shoo away"
ask, relax
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 18, 2015, 02:15:38 am »

One query, Steve. How are we sure that the creature hosts no malevolent intentions? I have a recurring doubt that I just did something wrong, like what happened in the third mission from our first encounter, and the second mission I was on.

That, and yes, I would like to meet with your counselors, if you'd please. I have a...lot to talk about.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1297 on: March 18, 2015, 10:03:24 am »

Get my generator back from Vincent, and get my laser back from Feyri.
"Job well done. Hi-fives!"
High-five teammates.
WIKI!!!! PEOPLE ARE MOVING STUFF! HELP!

"How much of that was planned?"

Ask. Get back my shock trigger from Morul. Afterwards, try asking my ghosts whether they are back.
MORE WIKI!

Also, they're not back quite yet.

((Sneaky sneaky Steve))

((Can we do on-ship stuff yet? And what's our pay?))
Wait for it.

"Is data from tunnel walking any good?" Chief asks.

Time for a congratulatory bluesmoke. Let the blue inside and reflect on what I have learned in this mission.

EDIT: Also quickly check whether I give a shit about politics. Search really deep within my mind. Utilize the entirety of my insight. Say nothing, however.

Well, you're doing this while smoking so: You think politics are a useful means to an end but are not terribly interesting in and of themselves.

Ok, How many people died and who all distinguished themselves as being not bad? Feyri and Morul certainly get hazard pay, but I'll let others nominate their teammates for bonuses. Should make it more interesting.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 18, 2015, 10:26:08 am »

"Dubley did very good exploration. Skeleton man helped with ropes and pulling us out of holes. Last guy explored a bit."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:47:27 am by Harry Baldman »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 18, 2015, 10:29:09 am »

"The original host, Cecil, Dern, and Sambo definitely died. The latter three from killing their predecessor as host. Tek seems to have gone missing, while we picked up this king Sulanthingorother (Unless the potion has stopped working by now). The Chief brought everyone on her command home. Nominating Chief for a bonus."

Report. Nominate.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 18, 2015, 11:03:55 am »

"Chief did a very good job exploring, for her first time. Vincent did a pretty good job keeping the eater warm, seeing as my generator is empty. Jason and Han managed to stand around guarding a hole, and somehow not cause the apocalypse, so major props to them."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:09:39 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 18, 2015, 11:19:38 am »

I think Gorat did good trying to keep the situation under control, and coming up with ideas. Any sort of leadership is good.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 18, 2015, 11:59:54 am »

Ok, How many people died and who all distinguished themselves as being not bad? Feyri and Morul certainly get hazard pay, but I'll let others nominate their teammates for bonuses. Should make it more interesting.

Please split the hazard pay and whichever tokens I earn above the normal five to the rest of the team. They deserve it, after the horrors they had witnessed. I do not wish any first-timer the nightmares of war, on their first mission, without any hand to console them.

I am content with the baseline pay, other than...repairs.

The last word was intoned with a very different tone.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 18, 2015, 12:03:58 pm »

Tell Steve my contribution "I fried, or rather melted, my heat gun keeping the eater from taking off on the second to last night, since I hooked it up to my suit I probably risked frying my heat protection as well"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:23:39 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 18, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

"I explored a few small tunnels before they started to burn up, when we first encountered them."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89