Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169234 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #420 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:25 am »

((I think it cooled off to its previous temperature after being in its new host for a bit.))

"Note that although the Eater was hotter than normal while switching hosts, it has now cooled off to around the heat it was yesterday.  We should still make it a priority to heat the Eater to keep it dormant.  This will help to prevent future catastrophes.

Perhaps it was actually a lack of heat that caused this mess in the first place?"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:28:02 am by Nunzillor »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 26, 2014, 01:46:45 am »

"Oi, Gorat. Want me to start frying you some Dern while we wait for the fire to get going? The Eater kind of reacted a bit shittily last time we fired something at it. Or maybe it just don't like being explodey-punched?"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:53:59 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2014, 06:30:09 am »

"If it looks that... the host cools down to previous levels, yes, keep him warm."

Gorat types on his wristpad once more.

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to Steve
What do these old stories, or rather the analysis of them, say about the Eater maturing? Is it universally a catastrophic event, or just a departure after catastrophic events? Does it just normally "eat" in a horribly destructive way, or does it leave horribly destructively as well?

Ask Steve via wristpad.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2014, 06:43:07 am »

Cautiously return to camp. Make a few notes.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »

[Net died to prevent posting for a couple or so days, and on top of that had to deal with more significant RL issues that included lives, sorry for that--will make a post in the next 12 hours >_> mmph]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #425 on: October 28, 2014, 01:26:51 pm »

Watch the area around me. Have a smoke. Be chill.
You attempt to smoke in a positive, totally under your control, manner and be chill and relaxed.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, do you see how hot it is? You'll fry, even through the suit. I say we keep an eye on it, and wait until either it changes, or morning comes. Everyone just keep a look out for anything else that might stop by and say hello. Assume anything approaching us is hostile, but wait for a visual just to make sure it's not human. The locals should all be to scared to come see what we're doing, but there could be a really thick one out there."

Guard the Host, and make sure nobody gets too close to it. Don't get any closer to it myself.
You guard the host to prevent any more shenanigans.

"Stay vigilant. Apparently this whole ordeal increased the heat of... of the host, so don't take its calm for granted. If the host still follows, then all the better. If not, we need to figure out what to do next."

Retain Exo bonus?

You only retain those for a turn so...unless you wanna keep renewing it, you might as well let it go.

"Imma try something."

Mine out a chunk of land under Dern for transport. It's worked for other anomalies.
Stop if I get burned, or if Dern reacts negatively, or if teammates seem angry.

Oppose.

Tend to the fires. Make sure our laser heatray people are on task and on Derm.
You light two new logs -the old ones got vaporized- and roll them over near Dern's feet.

Thats Dern, not Derm. I know it's basically his MO at this point, but it's not him.

"Host has a new person now so we can still deal with it"
Quote from: @Morul
Hey I think that is a new host we should keep it warm
due to lack of explosions approach warily then build a chemical fire large enough to last until morning, then wait until morning
You join the happy campfire singalong.

I'm scouting ahead. It's better than standing here doing nothing.

Scout ahead. Make sure the path ahead is safe. Look for anything interesting.
Keep my number gun at the ready and charge a con bonus.

You want to walk out into the desert, alone, in the middle of the night?

Tek tries to get some sleep until morning.
You dream of electric sheep.

Sambo keeps watch for any hostile activity, and readies his laser rifle again in place of his gauss rifle. He lowers the diffusion on it a notch, ups the power a notch, and keeps his distance from the Eater (60% power, high/medium diffusion).

"If any scary shit happens before dawn, I'll keep Dern heated up with me laser. I've cranked this thing up a bit, so stay out of the sodding way. It might not do much to to toasty-boy here, but it'll make your pubes a fuckload curlier if you catch a decent blast of it. I don't know if this hunk of junk generator can keep going at that spec, but it might give us a bit of 'run-like-fuck' time.

Anyone notice that this damn thing keeps getting hotter each time it jumps into some other poor bastard? Wonder if more heat's the answer or less? Fuck it, more is always better."
You keep watch.

"If it looks that... the host cools down to previous levels, yes, keep him warm."

Gorat types on his wristpad once more.

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to Steve
What do these old stories, or rather the analysis of them, say about the Eater maturing? Is it universally a catastrophic event, or just a departure after catastrophic events? Does it just normally "eat" in a horribly destructive way, or does it leave horribly destructively as well?

Ask Steve via wristpad.

>A bit hard to day; the actual emergence of the thing is...well half the time the hero stops it, and when he doesn't it's more written off as "And then the eater destroyed wherever". I would assume that the radius of its anti-cold effect increases as it matures and that, once it reaches a point, it will either emerge, wander around, eat cold for a while then leave, or that the emergence itself will have an anti-cold radius of...quite large and that it will leave immediately as it emerges.  Either way, it's bad news bears.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 28, 2014, 01:43:26 pm »

Try following the glassy trail of one of the speeding bullet fragments while the dudes over there are messing around. See where it leads in a chill, controlled fashion. And also if there's treasure to be found there.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 28, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »

((Hey PW, did I pick up those stone fragments like I wanted to when everyone was fleeing?))

If I didn't pick them up, go get some of those stone fragments that the light bullets left behind.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #428 on: October 28, 2014, 02:43:28 pm »

Well, scratch that, then.
"Dubley, Chief, don't walk too far into the night where we can't help you."

Look at Dern. Does it seem like he's cooling down to the level of the previous host? How long until sunrise?

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 28, 2014, 02:45:58 pm »

Take a few of those geometric stones.
Then keep Dern nice and warm with laser.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:20:44 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2014, 05:45:05 pm »

Zzzz... androids... turtles...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »

"Eh. Might as well use this heat while I have it."

Use my mass amp to pick up a ball of sand and bring it near the Eater, hopefully melting it into a glob of glass. Then take the glob and try and form it into several long shards. Once that's done, float them over and let them cool off.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:29 pm »

Wait for the dawn, tend fires and keep easy-bake Laser people on task.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »

Be a backup easy-bake laser person. Charge Con bonus by aiming at the Eater, in case random crap occurs.

"Ok, I've got it covered. If shit goes down, then we'll both fry Dern. Anyone able to rub two brain cells together and think of something so's we learn something? We know what happens when you punch it, so for fuck's sake don't do that again.

Temp-boy, what's it cooking at now? Might give us an idea of how much we gotta shoot it later. We'll call this the non-SNAFU temperature. Note-boy might want to write it down. I fucken love science. Especially the sort where I get to shoot shit if it fucks up."
It's a game. Have fun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 28, 2014, 10:31:58 pm »

Stand back, collect a few of the geometric fused sand bits, but not too many.

"Personally, I would suggest not doing anything that can damage the eater? Just saying, doing that kills more of us than not doing that, so far as I can tell."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89