Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169233 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #465 on: November 01, 2014, 05:39:54 pm »

keep on walking on
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nunzillor

« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2014, 11:49:49 pm »

Move onwards.  Ponder how manipulators work.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 02, 2014, 05:39:33 am »

keep on walking on
broken glass

We're walkin'.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 02, 2014, 10:27:52 am »

Keep strollin'. Remain vigilant for any threats to the Eater.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 02, 2014, 11:17:01 am »

"Got rope. I assume it's to test how deep this is?"
Tie a weight at the end of the rope. Lower it down the shaft to see how deep it is.

"One purpose. Other may be to attach camera and take a look - take one from suit if no other way."
"Of course, of course."
Added to my action.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 02, 2014, 12:36:00 pm »

Keep on keeping on?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:55 pm »

Take a camera and a light from someone's suit. Tie them to the rope and lower them down the hole. How deep is it, and what do we see?

Help with this, just in case. Use a light from my suit if no better candidates are present.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:31:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 02, 2014, 03:26:45 pm »

Stay out of the way, don't fall down the shaft. Maybe hold one if those odd rock fragments under the shroud.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 04, 2014, 12:07:41 pm »

To which set of commands is Derneater responding? The ones given in the local language, or the ones is Space English?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »

"Marginally interesting. Might be more down there."

Shine a light into the hole and look into it. Anything interesting I can determine?

"I say we excavate around the sides to see how deep it goes and what is down there. Objections?"

She thinks a moment.

"Or has one of you a rope or twine?"

See if Steve can record precise coordinates of our location in case we can't reach the bottom ourselves.
You determine that it is deeper then your light can reach, or at least deeper then you can see with the light's help.

Steve records the exact coordinates based on your current location.

Take a camera and a light from someone's suit. Tie them to the rope and lower them down the hole. How deep is it, and what do we see?

Doesn't fit. The shaft is maybe 2 inches across, no larger.

[/quote]
Stay out of the way, don't fall down the shaft. Maybe hold one if those odd rock fragments under the shroud.
Are you sure you wanna do that? And in such an off handed manner, none the less?

To which set of commands is Derneater responding? The ones given in the local language, or the ones is Space English?
Space English.

Move onwards.  Ponder how manipulators work.
Well first you grind up some of god's brain, and then you mix it with a slice of human brain, put it on a cracker, eat that cracker, and then trip the light fantastic. Or maybe in involved unicorns? Or Space wizards? I can never remember.

keep on walking on
keep on walking on
broken glass

We're walkin'.

Keep strollin'. Remain vigilant for any threats to the Eater.
Keep on keeping on?

You make it to the next marker in the path; this one is clearly a ruin rather then just a marker. It's a large stone building, or at least the remnants of one. There are several of the pillars like you saw with the first marker, as well as a stone roof held up by the three still standing pillars. Sand has engulfed the bottom of the pillars, and hidden any sort of floor or further structure. It looks as though this were part of some kind of enormous covered walkway, parthenon-like in design. A large, jagged section of shade is cast by the remaining roof, and looks almost preternaturally dark and cool compared to the blinding sand and eternal heat coming from the eater.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2014, 02:30:38 pm »

Do a depth check with just the rope, then. Check the rope for any residue from the shaft immediately afterward.

Then, if the pit is less than six to nine meters deep, start digging a hole right next to the shaft. Press the two idlers and Dubley into digging duty as well.

If it is more than nine meters deep, check how large the suit lights are, and if there aren't any smaller ones - possibly for illuminating suit displays, or a backlight for the wristpad, or something we can improvise in some other fashion. Same for cameras. Anybody got a cameye to spare, mayhap? Maybe Dubley's got some miniature additional cameras installed on his robobody we could use? At any rate, try to improvise something. Smoke a little for inspiration if nothing seems to be working.

In the middle of this, if Jason tries to do anything incredibly ill-advised such as combine two great flavors of alien fuckery offhandedly, beat him mercilessly with my stun baton until he submits after giving a polite warning (provided he ignores it, naturally).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:47:19 pm by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »

There must be a camera or light less than two inches somewhere that we can obtain. Mk1, mk3, robot body, datapad, wristpad? Or are small cameras and lights an ancient lost technology?

Basically, HB said everything already. Help him with that stuff and smack anybody about to anything stupid.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2014, 03:38:02 pm »

Charge dynamic will bonus first. Y'know, because casual off-handed alien fuckery is only okay in college, not on mission. Oh, and help with whatever stuff they're doing if it won't interrupt charging my bonus. And if someone tries to bludgeon me at some point, introduce them to the Noisy Cricket.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2014, 04:51:53 pm »

"I vote that we see if there is a way around this, taking the "eater of cold" somewhere very cold, sounds like a bad plan"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »

Charge dynamic will bonus first. Y'know, because casual off-handed alien fuckery is only okay in college, not on mission. Oh, and help with whatever stuff they're doing if it won't interrupt charging my bonus. And if someone tries to bludgeon me at some point, introduce them to the Noisy Cricket.

"I notice you are staring intently at alien crystal fragment. I gather you have designs for it. Put them on hold until we are in friendlier setting. Crystal fragment will not disappear in meantime. If you go insane and shooting you in face is needed, less likely for us and you to survive it here," the Chief says, tapping a finger on her chin while examining her wristpad offhandedly.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89