Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169240 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2014, 04:56:40 pm »

((He hasn't actually pulled the fragment out, since he's charging a bonus.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2014, 04:57:14 pm »

((I'm back. Will do reading and post Sambo's action soon. Thanks Gorat.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »

((He hasn't actually pulled the fragment out, since he's charging a bonus.))

((That's just an example of the polite warning she'll give when you do.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2014, 05:24:37 pm »

((Yay for hypothetical responses. But you should totally do an intuition roll. Then when it ends up like BEEES we have precedent to ignore it. Or it might provide useful info to either encourage or deter me.))

"It'll probably be easier on all of us to just remove the shroud and mask if that happens. The effect should stop once they are removed. Dubley could probably do it. And this is as good a place as any to try something. We're far from the Eater, and it might give us useful intel. Or at least valuable info to bring back to Steve once this mission is inevitably fucked like M15 was."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2014, 05:38:05 pm »

"Just wondering.... How many of these bloody things are there? We heard there was one a while back that pissed off into space. Now we've got this one. There's enough of 'em that there's entirely fucked up confusing tales about 'em all throughout these poor prick's history. You reckon that that hole could be a fuck-off-into-space launching hole? Or a hot-shit-coming-through hatching hole? Could be a tiny-bit-of-Daddy-Eater's-love-juice meteor hole. Or just a keep-your-dick-cool-in-the-desert hole? Are these things just little bits of not-cold when they're not-Dern? Are there fuck-tonnes of them under the ground? Might be something we should look pretty closely into. Wonder what'll happen when I fire a laser rifle down there?"

Sambo intuitively ponders the purpose behind the hole while keeping an eye on the Eater for any reaction.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:31:14 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2014, 01:28:57 am »

"We need to wait for the others to catch up"
have a rest in the shade while waiting for rest of team, if alcohol is available partake optimally in the form of a margarita walk
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:04:09 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nunzillor

« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2014, 03:00:15 am »

Stay away from the hut.  Shine light lamps on the interior and examine it closely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2014, 05:27:54 am »

have a rest in the shade while waiting for rest of team, if alcohol is available partake optimally in the form of a margarita
"No matter how tempting, don't enter the shade. We can take a bit of a break, but we can't afford to wait for the others to catch up. We are slower than them anyways, so they will."

Gorat nods at Sambo's observations. "There are several strange things going on. I'm assuming at least one anomaly is involved. Steve told me there is an asteroid cloud that the planet periodically touches, every 67 years or so, which is a likely origin point of the eater's meteorite. I don't know how long ago the planet was colonized, but assuming 700 years, that would allow for ten visits by an Eater."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2014, 05:54:56 am »

((Yay for hypothetical responses. But you should totally do an intuition roll. Then when it ends up like BEEES we have precedent to ignore it. Or it might provide useful info to either encourage or deter me.))

"It'll probably be easier on all of us to just remove the shroud and mask if that happens. The effect should stop once they are removed. Dubley could probably do it. And this is as good a place as any to try something. We're far from the Eater, and it might give us useful intel. Or at least valuable info to bring back to Steve once this mission is inevitably fucked like M15 was."

((Technically, if you're not keeping the crystals under the shroud, they should be in your hands in the first place.))

"I advise you to hold on for now. We examine pit first, you help with digging if needed, then we set up observation of you while you do this ill-advised thing you are doing if you are not willing to stop entirely. Anything can happen, this you must remember. Controlled observation is key. As is basic sense. Do not be stupid."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2014, 06:21:59 am »

have a rest in the shade while waiting for rest of team, if alcohol is available partake optimally in the form of a margarita
"No matter how tempting, don't enter the shade. We can take a bit of a break, but we can't afford to wait for the others to catch up. We are slower than them anyways, so they will."

"fine"

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »

"I vote that we see if there is a way around this, taking the "eater of cold" somewhere very cold, sounds like a bad plan"
It's just cooler than the sun beating down on our heads as we walk beside our magical space heater, nothing sinister about it. Best to keep the Eater out of it all the same, though.

Gorat's got the right of it, we can't stop. I don't know that our supplies will last us to the destination if we make good time; and if they give out it'll be the failure of the mission more like than not, and good odds we'll all lose our lives to boot. The ones who went out to investigate sand in a desert made their choice.

Examine the horizon for the next marker, or the path of the walkway if it's obvious enough. Keep the Eater out of the shadows as much as possible and go around shadows if it's not much out of the way, and keep on marchin' after our very quick break.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:08:18 am by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 06, 2014, 01:12:47 am »

"Supplies? I've got a mk1 mate. I'll drink my own piss and eat my own shit for a week or two in this thing. I even had a feed right before we got to this dump. Still got my bottles of grog too. If you're talking about the Raduga, the heat-gun, my laser rifle or the fucken chem-logs, I reckon we've got that shit covered for now. Tell ya what, you want to run off? No worries. I'll catch up with ya soon. But you'll be down one marksman with the right weapon for the job until I do.

Run along skippy. We've got shit to do."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:15:24 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 06, 2014, 01:15:55 am »

Continue guarding the host, and keep an eye out on the horizon for anything moving, or unusual. Keep the Eater out of the shade, and don't enter the shade myself.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 06, 2014, 01:25:05 am »

"Oi! Cunt! Don't be taking Dern anywhere 'till we're coming with you. It'll be a fuck-load easier for me to laser off your legs than it is to deal with that prick if he gets cold. We've got to look into this dick-cooling hole first."
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 06, 2014, 01:59:11 am »

((Just gotta ask. Where is Sambo right now? Near the pillars, etc? Near the hole? Near the Eater? Does the dick-cooling hole even exist? Or is it just a shaft in the desert? Just need a placing (or an unintended teleport by knight_otuka). Because it might be friendly-fire time, so I need to know.  Because.))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:04:06 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 89