Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 167191 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #525 on: November 09, 2014, 08:42:18 pm »

Burrow into the sand like a mole, find the bottom of the thing, and lift it up out of the sand.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 09, 2014, 11:36:27 pm »

((Two dead and a vague recovery (until next turn) isn't broken. It's normal. Pretty tame really. Until next turn, always.

Hoping someone else puts suit lights on the Eater. Otherwise we've got problems. But they're "away from Sambo" problems, so that's nice.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:20:54 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Nunzillor

« Reply #527 on: November 10, 2014, 03:06:13 am »

Two dead and a vague recovery (until next turn) isn't broken. It's normal. Pretty tame really. Until next turn, always.

Hoping someone else puts suit lights on the Eater. Otherwise we've got problems. But they're "away from Sambo" problems, so that's nice.

((Tek has lights on him.  You think we need more than two?  May be able to auto Feyri to assist.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 10, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »

((Might be a good idea. Whoever's controlling her's call though.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 10, 2014, 05:07:21 pm »

((Technically only Tiruin controls Feyri, but PW didn't say anything either way the last time I posted a Feyri action, so...))

Feyri: Assist by pointing suit lights at Derneater.

If not acceptable, Gorat shall point suit lights at Derneater and take first watch instead of second.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 11, 2014, 02:23:42 pm »

"Oh... well, it is probably best to have two people on shift 3 anyways as that is when shit hit the fan the first time"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #531 on: November 12, 2014, 02:10:35 am »

Well, look down into the pit with the light, then. See if anything interesting is down there, or instead it's just your regular bunch of glass and nothing more.

Also offer Jason a bluesmoke if he wants one to help him recover.

In any case, if there's no indication there might be anything interesting down there, move out in the direction of the main group. Stop at the intriguing weird ruins if we spot them, though.

You press your helmeted face against the  hole and squint down. It looks...huh, it looks like there might be a large opening down there. Maybe a chamber or at least an air pocket. You can't tell from here.

((And now I have to figure out if that was a bad idea because it was a rock without any sort of history to it, or if it was because the rock was so incomprehensible that all my brain could process was burning, agonizing pain. I wonder if the Eater feels like that. Or if it just happens to be something driven purely by instinct.))

Jason rolls around on the ground, the pain too much for words. He manages to take the offered bluesmoke from the Chief and tries to smoke it while still in almost debilitating amounts of pain.

Accept bluesmoke. Smoke bluesmoke. Attempt to intuit something useful from what just happened. Try not to focus on the immense burning pain in my head.
You smoke the cigarette. It helps your hands stop shaking, at least. Your intuition has this to say

DON'T DO THAT AGAIN OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! I'M NOT EVEN A CONSCIOUS THOUGHT PROCESS AND I KNOW THAT WAS DUMB!

build chemical log fire around the eater then sleep until my watch (if any)
You build a cozy...well you build a fire. Hard to call the...reverse summoning ritual of an alien fire elemental cozy. Maybe if you had a Christmas tree and you stuffed dern in a hearth...no...still not enough.

"Alright, I say we stop for the night and set up camp. If we keep walking, we'll just get lost, and that won't do anything to help us."

Keep watch on the Host, and the horizon. Charge an exo bonus.
Exo bonus charged. And for now, the eater is behaving and everything is quiet.

"Alright, Tek will take a watch.  Can someone with a heating device give one to Tek during his watch?  He is a little worried about using his manipulator.

Let's make sure to keep our good friend Dern toasty..."

Stop for the night.  Take a watch shift and use any offered heating devices to keep the host warm during it.  If none are offered, carefully use the MFM.  Sleep before and after his shift.

Edit: set up some suit lights (are they removable?) across from the ones that Sambo is setting up to reduce the amount of shadow that the host casts.  If they are not removable, just stand across from the vulgar individual and point the lights at the eldritch horror during Sambo's shift (stay awake for that).  After that it should be night and hopefully no more lights should be needed until the near-morning shifts, still allowing Tek to get some sleep before and after his shift.

You take the first shift warming the Eater. You stand in such a way as to keep your suit lights focused on it; removing them would be possible but...probably best not to do since putting them back in isn't simple or fast when you're scrambling around in the dark with your skin burning off. Hypothetically, of course.

"Alright, tonight, remember to double-check that whatever you're using to heat him up is set up correctly."

Remind everyone to double-check their heating devices when they set them up or receive them for their watch. Take second watch.

You're on next turn, mr.chin.

Take a Watch, Watch the Eater
We've got two for this watch, take second with Jay Leno there.

"Greeeat, I guess that puts me on third watch tonight" Get some sleep,make sure I am aiming at EoC and that the heat gun is on and working while I am cooking the EoC during the 3rd shift
Third shift it is.

Burrow into the sand like a mole, find the bottom of the thing, and lift it up out of the sand.
You burrow down to about 4 feet. But now it is literally impossible to get any further without some sort of supports holding back the sand. The big rod of fused glass in the center of the dig site doesn't help either.

((Technically only Tiruin controls Feyri, but PW didn't say anything either way the last time I posted a Feyri action, so...))

Feyri: Assist by pointing suit lights at Derneater.

If not acceptable, Gorat shall point suit lights at Derneater and take first watch instead of second.

Feyri shall assist where needed and be conveniently absent when danger presents itself unless otherwise used or stated.

First shift passes uneventfully.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 12, 2014, 02:13:28 am »

((PW, why you up so late? Also, I overshot that intuition roll, didn't I?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:54 am »

See if I can detach the wristpad along with its power source from my suit and use that to hook up a camera. Failing that, try scavenging some of the video recording hardware in my own suit - surely the camera and its supporting elements ought to be pretty small there. Try elongating the power supply with other suit electrical components if all else fails. That dang camera rope (or camerope) needs to be made. Have a smoke beforehand.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 12, 2014, 04:06:24 pm »

I'm carrying tons of duct tape. Duct tape the sand in place then excavate.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 12, 2014, 05:49:00 pm »

Consider the hole. Is there any way we could use the weapons we have to hold the sand in place while we excavate- melt it or whatnot? If I can do so with my tesla saber, prepare a dynamic uncon bonus.

"Maybe we should melt the sand to hold it in place?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 12, 2014, 06:36:03 pm »

Give laser rifle and backpack generator to someone on second shift and get some sleep for the night.

"Remember to keep some damn lights on the bastard, as well as the laser."
It's a game. Have fun.

Nunzillor

« Reply #537 on: November 12, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »

Sleep.  Have prophetic dreams.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #538 on: November 12, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »

((Totally forgot I was in this.))

I'll take the next shift.

Get the laser+backpack from sambojin and take the shift.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:44 pm »

Take Tek's laser, keep the Eater toasty for my watch. Make sure the fires stay lit; return the gun when my shift is over.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89