Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169285 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #630 on: December 01, 2014, 02:26:46 pm »

Fetch a smaller stone from the place and put it in my toolbox so that a comparison can perhaps be made later in the labs. Get over to that 45 degree downward tunnel and check it with the camera+light+rope probes.

Do the tunnels have the same technicolor mineral patterns as the chamber we found?

"I could have sworn... Team Chief, status?"

"Nobody dead yet. Heard sound like giant metal worm shooting through tunnel, passed us by. Much mystery down here, very interesting. Network of tunnels, look volcanic, colorful. Lots of very smooth stones. Eater has wealth of roads, seems like."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:31:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #631 on: December 01, 2014, 02:34:45 pm »

Follow people.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 01, 2014, 03:32:23 pm »

"Oi, can I grab a chem-log? Yeah? Thanks."

Grab a chem-log, ignite it and throw it on top of the mound where the Eater is. Then run back to my previous "safe" firing position. Fire a bit of a burst of laser rifle fire at the mound on 100%, lowest dispersion, heating up my side of the mound for good measure.

"Hopefully that'll keep the prick a bit warmer once he pops up for air. Actually, hopefully the prick stays buried. He's starting to shit me. Either way, my side's the hot side, so it might fuck off in the other direction when it does come up."

"Steve, mate. Hasn't really been an option up until this point, but I'm gonna see if we can shepherd this bloody thing around with heat. You might wanna record this shit. Could be handy to know. Hopefully it goes down and burns the other poor pricks. Or at least the hell away from me."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:14:07 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »

Crawl to the junction, check each tunnel with lights and see what awaits. Is there anything that could have caused the rumbling? Watch the ceiling for eater presence.

"I have a few tunnels, one going straight down. I'm gonna check and see if I can find anything related to the rumbling."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nunzillor

« Reply #634 on: December 01, 2014, 03:43:44 pm »

Tek guesses we could just... carefully start removing the sand?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #635 on: December 01, 2014, 04:30:21 pm »

I-I don't think a gauss rifle was the best weapon to pick on this mission... The laser would be a better alternative against the eater...

Regret weapon choice whilst backing away from the mound of semi-molten sand. No, scratch that, cautiously advance and peer into the semi-molten glass if possible from a "safe-ish" distance.

((Completely forgot, but did Steve give me back my cutting torch from a while back? It may be useful as a makeshift heat source... Otherwise, I suppose could remove the solenoid coil from the rifle and make a makeshift radiator from it... Running a constant current should through it should produce a fair amount of heat. Should have thought of this sooner, but oh well..))

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 01, 2014, 05:09:47 pm »

Return to the intersection and mark the way back with an arrow so I don't get lost. Then investigate the largest branching tunnel.
Rescue Chief and Han if the usual happens.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #637 on: December 01, 2014, 06:30:43 pm »

Well yeah we could just glass and heat the mound, but what if the thing is too buried to come out without assistance?  We still have to complete our mission.

How about we give it a bit to break through by itself and then we start very carefully helping?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 02, 2014, 03:01:43 am »

Use baton/shield to crack the top off of the mound so that the eater can melt itself out a bit so we can actually drag it rather than being stuck with a big lump-o-glass, jump back if the eater does anything or heat unbearable
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 02, 2014, 07:17:58 am »

Chill in the dark, watch out for Timmy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 02, 2014, 03:01:05 pm »

Start heating the mound while waiting for eater to surface, heat eater again once surfaced, also check battery, as well as the fuel for the generator
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:48:01 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »

Start heating the mound while waiting for eater to surface, heat eater again once surfaced, also check battery
((I think that your battery's out, and your heat gun is currently running off my generator. So check fuel instead.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 02, 2014, 06:44:14 pm »

((My battery was at 60% last time I checked it, it could be low, but I would be thoroughly surprised if it was out))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 02, 2014, 07:05:06 pm »

Take quick stock of supplies, and estimate how much farther we have to go.
You take stock. There's about 12 chem logs left and the battery on the heat gun is almost out.
Can I retroactively leave my generator with the other group to charge Vincent's heat gun?
Sure

((I'm pretty sure your heat gun is running off the generator now.))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:55:40 pm by NAV »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 02, 2014, 10:38:33 pm »

((I've not been keeping up with my ammo-supplies what-so-ever. Don't even know the specs for my backpack generator, other than it's big and heavy. Laser rifle on low'ish=infinite crap heat gun. Laser on high? Give it a turn or two if you want major blasting after a turn or two of zappy stuff. Works for me. I actually think there may be a multi-kT atomic charge in my backpack generator though, just so you know. Steve doesn't hand out free shit that doesn't explode.))
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 89