Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169113 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 12:09:29 am »

Hobby Deckard
Hobby waves.

Hello there Steve.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 12:12:41 am »

Steve wanders into the Shuttle, hands clasped behind his back, and leans against the rear wall of the shuttle.

>Don't mind me, friends. We'll be leaving soon. My, there are a lot of us here today, aren't there? Hope that helps.

Feyri follows soon later.
Hey, she says, lifting a hand to greet y'all, before securing in the shuttle.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 01:34:12 am »

Jason leaves the rum bottle alone for now and absent minded puts a hand on his Shackle underneath the shroud.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 07:06:10 am »

"WHAT THE FUCK! You can walk..... I mean, shit, what? When did you get a body Steve? Fuck..... Can you still do that electro-shock shit to us? 'Coz, honestly, fuck. I mean, fuck, Sir!"

Sambo gives what passes for a salute to Steve, still intuitively checking for possessions, just more towards Steve now.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:08:02 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2014, 07:54:59 am »

Gorat watches Steve's avatar enter the shuttle with some concern, unsure how to react. "Yes, sir. It is getting a bit cramped, isn't it?"

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2014, 11:53:41 am »

"A Steve-bot? I have a great, heh, feeling about this. 
Dern seats himself on the floor and absently rubs his shiny new pastel pink roboarm.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2014, 01:09:56 pm »

"Hi Steve. I didn't realize you had a body. Sooo, if you are on this mission with us, does that mean we get paid even if it fails this time?.... Uhhhh...  Not that I'm expecting us to fail or anything"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2014, 03:02:44 pm »

So, the Big Boss is comin' with on on this one, huh?

Cecil says, bowing his head slightly at the sight of Steve.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »

"Or he just wants to see how many if us die within 10 seconds of leaving the shuttle." Jason remarks.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »

"But he could, heh, do that in high-def , three sixty degree surround sound, multiple Pee-Oh-Vee vid on the sword, right."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2014, 03:19:14 pm »

"Sometimes the cameras cut out or tend to be a bit shaky. He might just want a front row seat." Jason replies.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2014, 05:22:43 pm »

Jason leaves the rum bottle alone for now and absent minded puts a hand on his Shackle underneath the shroud.
You have sudden hallucinatory visions of the past. Of gameshow stages covered in gore, of too bright lights shining in your eyes, of screaming and blurred faces of a laughing crowd. You feel pain and excitement and terror and cold shock of bloodloss. And, then, as the flash of memories and emotions not your own pass, you suddenly have a transient feeling of bodily skill. Your muscles move with automatic ease, and you miss the weight of some kind of weapon in your hand. You feel the desire to swing a blow and to duck and weave away from the return.

The ship takes off without any visible signal from anyone and steve hovers into mid air as gravity falls away. He curls in weightless flight and lands feet first on the ceiling, tip toeing across it using the slight force of the ship's increasing momentum to hold him there.

>Here's the deal, friends. Our interpreter has gone AWOL. He was supposed to go take a look at the situation and report back but, well, something must have happened to him. In any case, I'm going to act as the translator and interpreter, at least for the short time you'll need such things. Once the mission is complete, we'll all just meet up here at the ship and leave, as per usual. Simple, right? Oh, if anyone asks, I'm just another inmate like you, but one that happens to speak the language. Coincidence and all that. Say nothing about me, or I'll make sure you don't say anything ever again.

A half an hour or so later, once the shuttle had landed and Steve had stopped walking on the ceiling, he again addressed the group.

>Oh, and try not to talk back. I'm sure we're going to see some things you find objectionable today, but for your sake and mine, please keep your mouth shut. Understood?

The hatch opened as he said the last word and a blinding wall of light, burning wind and choking sand poured into the ship. Beyond the ship was an expanse of light colored sand, and, nestled amongst the dunes, is a city. It looks like nothing more then a great expanse of tan boxes, stacked and crushed into close proximity, with a larger, stepped structure near its center. The structure at the center is, you would assume, the home of the king, judging by the sloped blue roofs and tall bronze spires set in ovoid domes. From here, in the great distance, it looks like a cluster of slightly malformed,bulbous aqua colored fruit punctuated with glittering thorns. The city,  is quite small, all things considered, maybe a mile in radius, tightly packed, and crisscrossed with cuts that were no doubt thin roads and paths. It gave the impression of a single, hard clay brick that had been randomly sliced and the pieces only slightly separated, so that the whole stood now in a mildly exploded form,  but that, if pressed back toward the center, it would all fit together seamlessly like a great puzzle.

>We have a short walk ahead of us.

Steve was already walk off across the dunes toward the city.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2014, 05:29:24 pm »

"Will do, Steve."

As we step out, brandish fistful of moss. Does it seem to react to the environment in any unusual way? Does it scream, perhaps?

In any case, move on quietly. Onward to mystery.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2014, 05:30:45 pm »

Follow close behind Steve.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2014, 05:45:29 pm »

((That went well. I'm guessing I got a Dex and possibly Str boost. Quick, somebody gimme a Katana. A DMR one.  :P))

Jason hops out of the shuttle, looking around. He felt the urge to fight something, to bob and weave, and was somewhat disappointed when all he saw was desert.

Follow Steve. Also, see if I look any different under the shroud.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:55:12 pm by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 89