Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169338 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2014, 06:40:01 pm »

((I'm not exactly sure where I am, but I'll assume I'm with Gorat and the Eater. From now on I am.))

"Mate, I'm not lugging this generator around for shits and giggles. Me laser rifle and the raduga can keep going all night, as long as we don't crank 'em up too far."

Move along with the Eater. Charge my Con bonus, because I'm on xeno cooking duty again.
It's a game. Have fun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2014, 07:29:11 pm »

keep walking
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nunzillor

« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2014, 07:29:27 pm »

Sand.  In every direction as far as the eye could see.  Quite boring scenery.  Tek just hoped that Steve wouldn't be forced to turn the sand to glass.

Keep moving.  Assist others with anything they request.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:55:08 pm by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »

"This is just like making sand castles when I was a kid. Except it's more like digging a giant hole that keeps trying to close it self and it isn't enjoyable at all. And I'm doing it with one hand and a useless tube on my other arm. You know what, I'm going to go see if this Shackle can turn into a shovel. Or maybe a vacuum cleaner. Over there. Because if it explodes, I don't want it killing everybody." Jason mutters.

Move away from the group, maybe 20 or 30 yards or so. Then hold the rock under the shroud. With that dynamic will bonus I charged.
Alright.

Lets go on a journey of imagination. I want you to imagine one of those fireplace pokers, or maybe a pry bar or a tire iron. Now, I want you to imagine that someone stuck that in a fire and left it there until it was glowing a cheery red, like satan's ass after a night with his dominatrix. Now, and stay with me here, I want you to imagine that someone picked that 3 foot section of heated iron up off the embers and, after a few good practice swings, clocked you upside the forehead with it as hard as they could. And I want you to further imagine that you were, at the time of said beating, recovering from a hangover you got at last night's "Chronic migraine sufferers support group and uncooked meat tasting jamboree".

Now, you got that in your head? That forming a nice image, congealing in your brain like a block of solidifying "Poor Planning Brand Gelatin desert" in a deep freeze? Good. Now keep that image there. That is how you feel THIS TIME. And THIS TIME was a 5.

"Be careful Jason."

Keep an eye on Jason and remove his shroud if he gets posessed or anything.
Keep digging. I have an exoskeleton so that should speed things up. This is the third time Dubley's mined in the service of ARM.

Jason appears to be suffering from hindsight. And horrible pain. You're sure he'll be fine.

Also, the problem at this point isn't brute force, it's the fact that sand keeps flowing back into the hole. Sand is not fun to tunnel through without support structures. Walls to hold it back.

Observe Jason from a distance. See what happens to the mook, be prepared to duck and cover. Possibly dive into the newly-made hole. Hand Dubley the Testament just in case.

Also, just how sandy is the desert here? We talking Sahara levels, or more of a New Mexico type of deal? Keep digging in any case.

And how about the light? Can we get a small enough light from a wristpad or some other piece of available electrical equipment to take a look down into the pit?

Sahara

And you could get a light, sure.

And Everyone else keeps moving with the eater until twilight. They get about Halfway to the next marker before they lose sight of it in the coming gloom of the evening.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2014, 02:26:38 pm »

Well, look down into the pit with the light, then. See if anything interesting is down there, or instead it's just your regular bunch of glass and nothing more.

Also offer Jason a bluesmoke if he wants one to help him recover.

In any case, if there's no indication there might be anything interesting down there, move out in the direction of the main group. Stop at the intriguing weird ruins if we spot them, though.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2014, 02:50:38 pm »

((And now I have to figure out if that was a bad idea because it was a rock without any sort of history to it, or if it was because the rock was so incomprehensible that all my brain could process was burning, agonizing pain. I wonder if the Eater feels like that. Or if it just happens to be something driven purely by instinct.))

Jason rolls around on the ground, the pain too much for words. He manages to take the offered bluesmoke from the Chief and tries to smoke it while still in almost debilitating amounts of pain.

Accept bluesmoke. Smoke bluesmoke. Attempt to intuit something useful from what just happened. Try not to focus on the immense burning pain in my head.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2014, 05:47:21 pm »

build chemical log fire around the eater then sleep until my watch (if any)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2014, 06:20:15 pm »

"Alright, I say we stop for the night and set up camp. If we keep walking, we'll just get lost, and that won't do anything to help us."

Keep watch on the Host, and the horizon. Charge an exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2014, 06:54:50 pm »

"Alright, Tek will take a watch.  Can someone with a heating device give one to Tek during his watch?  He is a little worried about using his manipulator.

Let's make sure to keep our good friend Dern toasty..."

Stop for the night.  Take a watch shift and use any offered heating devices to keep the host warm during it.  If none are offered, carefully use the MFM.  Sleep before and after his shift.

Edit: set up some suit lights (are they removable?) across from the ones that Sambo is setting up to reduce the amount of shadow that the host casts.  If they are not removable, just stand across from the vulgar individual and point the lights at the eldritch horror during Sambo's shift (stay awake for that).  After that it should be night and hopefully no more lights should be needed until the near-morning shifts, still allowing Tek to get some sleep before and after his shift.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:35:33 am by Nunzillor »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 09, 2014, 04:18:44 am »

"I'm gonna just add a bit of heat to Derny-boy while you're making that fire. Don't use that damn thing unless you need too, Tek. Can some bastard get on the other side of Dern and chuck some suit lights on the prick? They'll even out mine. Last thing we need is this cunt working out shadows and hot-shit all at once. Don't worry, I'm putting the laser rifle onto tickle-your-balls level of hurt. You won't feel a thing in ya suit, even straight across from me. But fucken move when I say so."

Turn on suit lights and point them at Dern/The Eater. Turn laser rifle down to 20% and to wide dispersion, and start slow roasting Dern while they set up the chem-log fire. Keep doing it all shift, running the heat-cone up and down him from 20' away in moderate bursts, to even out the temperature. If shit starts occuring, crank the laser rifle up to 60%, medium dispersion, keep firing at Dern, and yell "Fucken move cunt!". (assume Tek "won't" use his maniplulator, hopefully, because he'll hear this and won't just go "Ahhh, fuck it. No free weapons on request? Really? Small sun, here, now.")

"Once my watch it done, some other fuckwit can borrow the slow-roaster. Don't fuck up. Actually, Tek, you're up for second watch. Just keep the cunt warm with the laser. The generator's a piece of shit, so don't go pushing it."

Offer Tek the laser rifle and backpack generator for second watch shift.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:53:21 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 09, 2014, 05:33:47 am »

"Alright, tonight, remember to double-check that whatever you're using to heat him up is set up correctly."

Remind everyone to double-check their heating devices when they set them up or receive them for their watch. Take second watch.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nunzillor

« Reply #521 on: November 09, 2014, 11:04:38 am »

"Ah, you have second shift, Gorat?  In that case, Tek will take third shift and use the heating implement that Sambo has offered.  That is, if Tek is skilled enough to do so effectively."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:26:31 am by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 09, 2014, 02:38:03 pm »

Take a Watch, Watch the Eater
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 09, 2014, 03:16:23 pm »

"Greeeat, I guess that puts me on third watch tonight" Get some sleep,make sure I am aiming at EoC and that the heat gun is on and working while I am cooking the EoC during the 3rd shift
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #524 on: November 09, 2014, 04:29:19 pm »

"...Tek just indicated that he would take the third shift."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89