Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 167182 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2014, 08:53:55 pm »

sleep peacefully and oblivious
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 13, 2014, 03:44:14 am »

((I'm totally getting back into this. ghrh RL.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 13, 2014, 08:54:30 am »

Sleep when not my shift. Be very awake and keeping the eater warm with my heat gun when it is my shift
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 13, 2014, 09:48:27 am »

Be on guard for my shift. Also, think - why would the host follow commands, and only those given in the language the host speaks?

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #544 on: November 13, 2014, 01:28:14 pm »

((PW, why you up so late? Also, I overshot that intuition roll, didn't I?))
Busy busy busy

See if I can detach the wristpad along with its power source from my suit and use that to hook up a camera. Failing that, try scavenging some of the video recording hardware in my own suit - surely the camera and its supporting elements ought to be pretty small there. Try elongating the power supply with other suit electrical components if all else fails. That dang camera rope (or camerope) needs to be made. Have a smoke beforehand.
We can do the wristpad thing, sure. Though you'll need to lower it down and then get it back to review the footage; think of it like lowering down a camera phone or something.

So try not to get it destroyed down there.

I'm carrying tons of duct tape. Duct tape the sand in place then excavate.
You're gonna need a lot more explanation about how exactly you want to do that before I consider it. Because right now we're at the "Slap upside the head" level of acceptance.

Consider the hole. Is there any way we could use the weapons we have to hold the sand in place while we excavate- melt it or whatnot? If I can do so with my tesla saber, prepare a dynamic uncon bonus.

"Maybe we should melt the sand to hold it in place?"
Consider the hole, one of nature's most deadly predators...

Anyways, yeah, applying heat to the sand would definitely fuse it. Not sure if electricity would...lemme check. I mean, I know fulgurites exist, I'm just not sure about large scale. Ah whatever, we'll say it works.

Give laser rifle and backpack generator to someone on second shift and get some sleep for the night.

"Remember to keep some damn lights on the bastard, as well as the laser."

Done
Sleep.  Have prophetic dreams.
Hmm.

...On the Nature of Daylight...

...Manufactured Minds...

...Painless Steel...

((Totally forgot I was in this.))

I'll take the next shift.

Get the laser+backpack from sambojin and take the shift.
So you're up.

Take Tek's laser, keep the Eater toasty for my watch. Make sure the fires stay lit; return the gun when my shift is over.
And you.

sleep peacefully and oblivious
Sleep when not my shift. Be very awake and keeping the eater warm with my heat gun when it is my shift
You two are asleep.

Be on guard for my shift. Also, think - why would the host follow commands, and only those given in the language the host speaks?

And you're up. And asking questions..

Hmm. Well the host  might be following commands because maybe the thing inside it isn't "awake" most of the time. It might be running on autopilot, basic brain stem functions with bits and pieces of higher functions knocking around and being activated by external stimuli. It would explain why it spends the majority of time standing around in  a daze, doing nothing. The eater itself only really seems to wake up at certain times.

Speaking of which, the temperature is starting to drop dangerously. The fire and heating is keeping it hot but the sand around the creature is cooling and sucking heat from the  area, and the night is getting colder as it goes on. You'll have to compensate.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2014, 01:53:35 pm »

Do the wristpad camera phone thing. Add the light I used to check down there as well. With that, ladies and gentlemen, we shall have a depth probe.

And with this depth probe, probe the depths of the crystal shaft. It has befuddled us for long enough. Make sure the camera's securely attached to the rope, though. Would hate to lose it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »

Hrm.

Make the angle of the beam a bit wider, and turn up the power to match. Goal is to keep energy per unit area roughly the same, but put a larger heated buffer zone around the Eater. If the Eater starts to act up bump the power up another couple notches.

Take quick stock of supplies, and estimate how much farther we have to go.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:23:36 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2014, 04:25:13 pm »

I think I have a better idea. Are the mk3's rockets hot enough to melt sand? If so then activate a single maneuvering rocket and melt the sand. And if it sends melting sand particles everywhere then fan them away with duct tape fans and accomplish excavation.
If not then create sheets of duct tape. Use those sheets as barriers to hold the sand back. Hold them in place with strips of duct tape and weights. Use containers filled with sand as the weights.

Excavate.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:15:57 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #548 on: November 13, 2014, 04:35:25 pm »

Continue to laze the subject while the others try their experiments. Try blowtorching the ground around her to see if it will crystallize.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 13, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »

Continue to laze the subject while the others try their experiments. Try blowtorching the ground around her to see if it will crystallize.

I think you mighty  missed the lightshow last night. Dern is the Eater now.

Also, don't forget to retroactively steal his expensive cutting laser.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2014, 05:19:03 pm »

Watch Eater, watch horizon, maintain exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2014, 10:14:54 pm »

Dream about past adventures?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 14, 2014, 12:05:41 am »

SLEEEEEEEEEP
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:53 am »

Gorat: Charge Exo-bonus.

Feyri: Aid in heating the Dernhost with the lent Raduga if necessary(It should be set up correctly, I believe).

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 15, 2014, 03:49:12 am »

Sleep fairly lightly, waking up about halfway through shift three, exclaming as I come out of my dreams:

"Gnnrrfdggsh boobs shlrgrrn mmmmm hotshblll witches, what? Where's my fucken laser?"
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 89