Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 167158 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #555 on: November 17, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »

Do the wristpad camera phone thing. Add the light I used to check down there as well. With that, ladies and gentlemen, we shall have a depth probe.

And with this depth probe, probe the depths of the crystal shaft. It has befuddled us for long enough. Make sure the camera's securely attached to the rope, though. Would hate to lose it.

You drop your probe in, turn it around, inspect things as best you can, then retrieve it.

The video shows a large chamber, mostly comprised of fused glass walls, but you can also see something else. They look like stone pillars, similar to the markers along the path. It seems like there's a structure down there, submerged in the sands, and that the ball of light pushed and fused the sand, revealing some of it. You can't tell much in terms of detail from the low quality video.
Hrm.

Make the angle of the beam a bit wider, and turn up the power to match. Goal is to keep energy per unit area roughly the same, but put a larger heated buffer zone around the Eater. If the Eater starts to act up bump the power up another couple notches.

Take quick stock of supplies, and estimate how much farther we have to go.

You adjust the beam to hit the sand as well. The thing is still getting cooler, but it's doing so more slowly now.

You take stock. There's about 12 chem logs left and the battery on the heat gun is almost out.

I think I have a better idea. Are the mk3's rockets hot enough to melt sand? If so then activate a single maneuvering rocket and melt the sand. And if it sends melting sand particles everywhere then fan them away with duct tape fans and accomplish excavation.
If not then create sheets of duct tape. Use those sheets as barriers to hold the sand back. Hold them in place with strips of duct tape and weights. Use containers filled with sand as the weights.

Excavate.

I'm gonna say this works.

I was real tempted to have one rocket just cartwheel you sideways across the desert, but for the sake of time, we'll say this works and that you manage to excavate down to the top of the fused glass bubble that makes up the bottom of the shaft.

Continue to laze the subject while the others try their experiments. Try blowtorching the ground around her to see if it will crystallize.
It will, a little bit, if you spend some time on it. Problem is that you're melting one small section, so unless you want the Eater to balance on it's left big toe on the inch wide glass nub you created, it's not gonna work.

Watch Eater, watch horizon, maintain exo bonus.
The eater is doing something weird. It keeps moving its mouth and looking around at the night sky. It's standing still, but its head is just sort of twisting about while it works it's jaw like it's chewing a peanut butter sandwich.

Dream about past adventures?
You remember that one time in Stellar Bangkok.

Then you immediately stop remembering that.

Gorat: Charge Exo-bonus.

Feyri: Aid in heating the Dernhost with the lent Raduga if necessary(It should be set up correctly, I believe).

Chaaaaaaaaaarge
HEAAAAAT

Sleep fairly lightly, waking up about halfway through shift three, exclaming as I come out of my dreams:

"Gnnrrfdggsh boobs shlrgrrn mmmmm hotshblll witches, what? Where's my fucken laser?"
You do this thing. Everyone looks at you in confusion and mild annoyance.

Third Shift time. It's the last shift before morning.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 17, 2014, 01:26:55 pm »

Vincent wakes up and exclaims "Oh god! not Bangkok!" and then realizes he was dreaming. After checking the time he comments "Uhh, right! my shift it is" and then grabs the heat gun and begins heating the eater, and if the 2nd shift was kind enough to pass on that heating the ground seems to heat the eater better, do that as well.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #557 on: November 17, 2014, 01:48:41 pm »

Blowtorch the Eater while lazering him.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 17, 2014, 02:55:45 pm »

Zzzz. Dream of amp-using sheep.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 17, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »

"The legendary miner strikes again! I wonder what's down here?"
Using something in my box of tools cut a hole in the glass and enter the chamber.

Can I retroactively leave my generator with the other group to charge Vincent's heat gun?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:34:52 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 17, 2014, 09:55:00 pm »

"I am gonna assume nobody gave the Host some food, so I'm gonna say everybody get back, because it looks like it's chewing something...."

Watch the Eater closely. Is it doing anything else, or just chewing away at something? Maintain Exo bonus, and use it to create a sphere of force around the Eater to try and contain it without harming it if it goes after a teammate.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 17, 2014, 10:42:51 pm »

Wake up, put suit lights onto the eater. Ask:

"One of you pricks want to give me my laser back? I'm probably a better shot than most of you lot."

If laser rifle is given back, heat up the Eater with it on 40% power, wide dispersion, from about 20' away, evening out the heat-gun's temperature spots. If the rifle isn't given back, charge a Willpower bonus while watching the Eater.
It's a game. Have fun.

Nunzillor

« Reply #562 on: November 18, 2014, 01:20:25 am »

Continue sleeping.  Dream of imminent catastrophes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:22:18 am by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 18, 2014, 01:48:26 am »

Give Tek's laser to anyone that needs it, take a nap. stop Gun for killing us all if he persists with the insanity.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:31:31 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 18, 2014, 02:07:13 am »

take watch position
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 18, 2014, 04:34:15 am »

"Very impressive work. Down there should be a chamber with fused glass walls with stone pillars. Definitely interesting things down there. How lethal, we will see."

If I climbed down into Dubley's glassy hole, how easy would it be to climb out? I assume it's six meters deep at the very least.

In any case, make sure Steve receives the footage I got.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #566 on: November 19, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »

*Ahem*

Now I'm all for just murdering another half dozen of you, in a permanent nature, since not even temp deads will survive out here, 2 days from anywhere.  But perhaps Gun may want to rethink his wording.

Or someone might want to rethink their position on leaving Gun un-punched.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 19, 2014, 01:29:31 pm »

*Ahem*

Now I'm all for just murdering another half dozen of you, in a permanent nature, since not even temp deads will survive out here, 2 days from anywhere.  But perhaps Gun may want to rethink his wording.

Do it! I'm safe.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 19, 2014, 01:30:21 pm »

*Ahem*

Do it! I'm safe.
((We still have to deal with it.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 19, 2014, 01:31:44 pm »

Post edited, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 89