Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 168977 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #690 on: December 16, 2014, 11:49:14 am »

((Bwuhh, net died for days ._. I'm lost as to my bearings.))

Um...stand guard and assist the group: ask what I could do?

Nunzillor

« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2014, 12:54:42 am »

"Huh?  Oh hello.  Tek thinks someone said your name was Feyri?  Tek is Tek.  Right now we are attempting to create a sled.  You could certainly assist us with that if you like.

Hey, are you feeling alright?  You seem to be in a fugue-like state much of the time."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:21:38 am by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #692 on: December 19, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »

Still guarding that hole in the desert. With my Shackle, I'm like the desert's chastity belt. Also, help people out of the hole if they need help.
Ya already let three people in that hole. At the same time.

You're a terrible chastity belt.

(How's this idea sound, people?)

Look into fashioning some sort of cart or sling to help move this giant man-shaped hunk of glass around. Failing that, get with a couple others and start moving this damn alien piece of crap towards our destination.
((Well, that's what I get for not striking out actions I suppose.  Went well all the same at least-- interesting that the MFM can be used in this way.))

(How's this idea sound, people?)

Look into fashioning some sort of cart or sling to help move this giant man-shaped hunk of glass around. Failing that, get with a couple others and start moving this damn alien piece of crap towards our destination.

((Makes sense to me.  Someone also mentioned making the glass chunk cylindrical so that it can be rolled, which might be neat if someone wants to do that.))

Assist with creation of cart (or failing that, a sling) assuming we have the supplies. of a sled completely out of gaffer tape and some riot shields!Otherwise... push.
Help with the creation of a cart
((Correction. I have Space-gaffer-tape. Like gaffer-tape, only stronger, more heat-resistant and better in every single way.))

"Oi, Tek ya bastard? Yah want me to keep lasering this bloody thing to smooth it on down, or you just want to brain-fart at it to do it? I reckon we just rig it to move and I'll keep the glass hot as hell on the way there. It'll be like a giant-lumpy-glass-alien-butt-plug, but I'm not the poor cunt hauling it to the hole."

Chuck space-gaffer-tape to whoever is rigging this thing for hauling. Turn laser rifle down to 40%/medium-wide dispersion, start heating alien butt-plug with bonus Eater inside. Spread the heat around so the glass doesn't crack. Don't shoot people, just the glass "object of interest". Wait unit they've finished rigging it properly first. Then heat it at 40%. Once it's warm, heat it at 60%. Then heat it at 80%. Stop and kick down the laser rifle settings a notch and continue if space-gaffer-tape rigging starts getting broken/melting, or glass starts cracking. Essentially, make Eater-glass-cylinder hot, vaguely safely.
Walk back to the group, and stand guard over the people constructing the sled. Keep an eye on the horizon, and charge an exo bonus.
"You guys try building that sled. That's a good idea. Just make sure that, unlike me, you're good at that handiwork thing."

Stand guard.

Assist with whatever means of Eater transport that is being made. Make notes first.

((How transparent is the glass, btw?))
(Not very, its sort of a smokey gray color. You can see the eater but not very clearly. Good thing this thing doesn't need to breathe, apparently)

Alright so all these people working together basically insures this thing gets made, though it also causes the rolls involved to even out at about a 4.  Really, 4.3 or something.

Consider your swat shield/duct tape sled thing ready and working. I'll even assume you made some braided duct tape ropes to pull it with. Going straight up ancient egypt in here. Someone needs to sit on top of the block with a whip.

"Chief, Han, get the hell out of here!"

Rocket out of the tunnels. Grab Chief and Han as I escape.
Get out as fast as I can, accept help if offered.

"Let's get out of here!"
"Eater tunnels seem volatile. Noted."

Get out of there at a decent clip back to our access point. Have the skeleton guy pull us out of the hole if Dubley's not there yet. Try not to get punched in half if Dubley tries to catch me in the tunnels. In fact, if I see him rocketing at me at an unsafe speed, try to dodge.

Everyone gets out alright, the heat stops following you near the exit, specifically as soon as you reach that upper layer of tunnels. 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 19, 2014, 01:22:28 pm »

"Hm. Something living down there. Probably more Eaters, or affiliated acts. Exploring more could be hazardous. But nothing else to do with numbnuts brigade on delivery road. Any ideas?"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 19, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

Solid work, people! Let's get this thing moving!

Load the sled, and get a crew together to continue moving this thing towards our destination. If we've got the manpower, set up two different crews to pull it, so that one may rest while the other hauls the load.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #695 on: December 19, 2014, 03:15:21 pm »

Pull the sled! Hnnnnnnngg-!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 19, 2014, 03:36:33 pm »

"That went surprisingly well."
Onwards to the next marker.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 19, 2014, 06:38:59 pm »

Participate in first pull shift "When in Neo-Rome I guess"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #698 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »

Great, manual labor.  Tek was bursting with enthusiasm.

Pull sled.  How are we doing on daylight?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:52:31 pm by Nunzillor »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 19, 2014, 10:43:30 pm »

Still guarding that hole in the desert. With my Shackle, I'm like the desert's chastity belt. Also, help people out of the hole if they need help.
Ya already let three people in that hole. At the same time.

You're a terrible chastity belt.
((Psh, they were in there before I started guarding the hole. My record is untarnished. Hell, three things came out of the hole at the same time while I was guarding. That makes me like a super chastity belt.  :P))

"If it is too dangerous to go further, maybe we should head back to the group. It'll be easier for a shuttle to get us after this is over if we're all in one place. Or we can just wait here away from the danger and not die. I think both are valid choices."

Going with the others. Making faces at Dubley's back.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:10:37 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2014, 12:12:03 am »

"LISTEN UP YOU LAZY MAGGOTS! STEVE AIN'T PAYING YOU TO STAND AROUND BLOWING BUBBLES, SO LET'S MARCH OVER TO THE REST OF THE SQUAD AND PULL THEM OUT OF WHATEVER MISERABLE SITUATION THEY'VE GOTTEN THEMSELVES INTO. DOUBLE TIME, MOVE IT!"

March back to the main group. make sure the other three come with me. Make sure they keep a reasonably fast pace.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 20, 2014, 01:40:17 am »

"I guess I'm pulling the sled now."

Pull the sled if there's room and keep an eye on the eater.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 20, 2014, 03:38:12 am »

"Fuck you lot, I'm not pulling shit. I'm keeping this fucking thing hot, as per the fucking instructions. Start moving cunts, I'm a fucken good aim."

Follow behind my "occaisionally paid workers" (ie:slaves/ARM team personnel) with me firing my laser rifle on 40%/medium-high dispersion at the glass cylinder on the sled in bursts, to keep it hot. Stop firing for a bit if the gaffer-tape starts melting. Occasionally say "Pull, bitches", "Whiiitchaaa!", or click my fingers when I think it's appropriate. Occasionally point in the direction of travel or at my groin between laser bursts, whilst saying above phrases.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:49:22 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 20, 2014, 04:05:13 am »

"Hm. Maybe there is more to see on delivery road, yes."

Head back to the main group, following Dubley. Make sure Han doesn't wander off, since he appears a little confused.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 20, 2014, 02:10:25 pm »

"Hrmm. That actually worked. Impressive."

Guard the sled as it moves, keeping watch on the horizon for movement.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:41:50 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 89