Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 169040 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #870 on: January 21, 2015, 04:19:57 pm »

Hit the sand and be ready to lethally laser the newcomers. Who the fuck are you?!

Nunzillor

« Reply #871 on: January 21, 2015, 08:17:53 pm »

The mummy king immediately stopped moving and smiled at the gathered group.  This could be amusing, he decided.  Tek always did have problems planning very far ahead...

"Greetings, mortals.  We are King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen the III.  First of all, a ground rule: we insist that you refer to us by our full title.  Secondly, we have come to assist you dirty foreigners in finishing your task so that you may leave this hallowed ground as soon as possible.  Yes, we know all about what you must do."

We have not come to harm you.  We have come to help you.  So get to it.  Push.  Our subjects shall assist you."

Gesture to our subjects that they should push the sarcophagus.  Demonstrate if needed.  Walk with them and teleport it forward as they push.  Do this all in a kingly fashion, of course.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:52:13 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 21, 2015, 10:14:08 pm »

"Chief, I found a tunnel."

I'm getting the vibes that using rockets here would be a bad idea. See if I can find something in my toolbox that works as a grappling hook. Climb up to the tunnel.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 22, 2015, 06:06:59 am »

"This ####ing place..."
Moving on then. Be ready to freeze King Sulan'etc and/or his posse to ice if they turn hostile.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 22, 2015, 06:16:48 am »

push eater if nobody object
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 22, 2015, 06:23:07 am »

I'm getting the vibes that using rockets here would be a bad idea. See if I can find something in my toolbox that works as a grappling hook. Climb up to the tunnel.

"Will be there in a moment."

Go over to where Dubley is and aid him in constructing some manner of climbing tools. The awls might help, or screwdrivers, or something else, you know?

And if all else fails, including unassisted wall climbing on his part, just have him give me a manual boost up there (it's important that he boosts me and not the other way around, since there's quite a weight and strength difference between us) and give it my very own climbing try.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #876 on: January 22, 2015, 04:35:59 pm »

Make notes. Push when needed.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 22, 2015, 07:55:37 pm »

((Okay, now I know where Han is. Sorry dropped out for a day or two.))

Unpose, standby to help my teammates in the hole if they need a way out. Maybe feed a rope down if I have one? If I do have one, secure it aboveground and feed it into the hole, then join my teammates. Otherwise, drink my potion (number 25).

"What do you guys see down there?"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:59:37 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 22, 2015, 09:15:09 pm »

Still guarding the hole, but stay the hell away from Han if he drinks his potion.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 23, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »

"You said it Chin. This fucking desert."

Follow the Eater shoving people, and keep an eye on that glowy ball of space magic. Charge an exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #880 on: January 26, 2015, 12:02:27 pm »

"I don't know what this shit is, but it's WOOOONNNDERFULL!" Continue rolling around in the sand in ecstasy ((This is the best potion for Vincent so far xD, I guess that means there is none left now?))
Yep, all gone.

You notice, idly, that looking up into the sky at that glowing thing up there (No, not the sun, the other one) also feels pretty damn great. Huh.

The mummy king immediately stopped moving and smiled at the gathered group.  This could be amusing, he decided.  Tek always did have problems planning very far ahead...

"Greetings, mortals.  We are King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen the III.  First of all, a ground rule: we insist that you refer to us by our full title.  Secondly, we have come to assist you dirty foreigners in finishing your task so that you may leave this hallowed ground as soon as possible.  Yes, we know all about what you must do."

We have not come to harm you.  We have come to help you.  So get to it.  Push.  Our subjects shall assist you."

Gesture to our subjects that they should push the sarcophagus.  Demonstrate if needed.  Walk with them and teleport it forward as they push.  Do this all in a kingly fashion, of course.
You're gonna gain quite the rep when that potion wears off.

Hit the sand and be ready to lethally laser the newcomers. Who the fuck are you?!
"Alright, let's get to moving the HOLY DICKBALLS WHAT IS THAT"

Take about 10 steps back from Mummy-Man. Shoulder the PewPew Rifle and ask these bastards who they are, what they want, and where the tits they came from.
I'm tempted to roll Int to have you see through his obvious bullshit and call in...who was the guy in the Mummy movie? I recongize his bad actor face but I can't put a name to it...oh well. We'll assume he convinced you unless you want to shoot him next round.

"Will be there in a moment."

Go over to where Dubley is and aid him in constructing some manner of climbing tools. The awls might help, or screwdrivers, or something else, you know?

And if all else fails, including unassisted wall climbing on his part, just have him give me a manual boost up there (it's important that he boosts me and not the other way around, since there's quite a weight and strength difference between us) and give it my very own climbing try.

The best you guys can come up with is a metal triangle with a rope for a grappling hook and some sharp tools (screwdrivers mostly) taped to your feet for ice climbing spikes.

Might work.

Although, as Harry pointed out, Dubley might be able to just throw Chief up there with a good str roll.

((Okay, now I know where Han is. Sorry dropped out for a day or two.))

Unpose, standby to help my teammates in the hole if they need a way out. Maybe feed a rope down if I have one? If I do have one, secure it aboveground and feed it into the hole, then join my teammates. Otherwise, drink my potion (number 25).

"What do you guys see down there?"
Still guarding the hole, but stay the hell away from Han if he drinks his potion.
So Beirus there runs a good 20 feet away as Han drinks his potion

A weird, sickly greenish yellow glow appears around Han's Hands.

Heh. Han's hands, han's hands, han's hands.

"This ####ing place..."
Moving on then. Be ready to freeze King Sulan'etc and/or his posse to ice if they turn hostile.

push eater if nobody object
Make notes. Push when needed.
"You said it Chin. This fucking desert."

Follow the Eater shoving people, and keep an eye on that glowy ball of space magic. Charge an exo bonus.

It seems they can't teleport the sarcophagus but they can certainly help push. They also drag the various semi-incapacitated people with them. And I'll assume Tek just rides on top of the sarcophagus, like the royal dick he's making himself out to be.  You all make the second to last marker in record time, finding nothing but a severed pillar sticking maybe 6 feet out of the ground, almost wider then it is tall.

The fireball in the sky circles you several times, moving inward, closer with each rotation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 26, 2015, 12:14:19 pm »

Try the grappling hook first. Then the climbing spikes. Finally, have Dubley throw me if all else fails.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:57 pm »

Onward, to glory!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:03 pm »

Gotta keep moving. Be ready to amp-swat away anything dangerous or treacherous.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:06 pm »

Try the grappling hook first. Then the climbing spikes. Finally, have Dubley throw me if all else fails.
This. Have Chief secure the rope at the top so I can climb up after.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 89