Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170790 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1230 on: March 10, 2015, 07:03:41 am »

((Should I make Tir shoot it, maybe? I know what's happened every other time so I'm more than a little hesitant; but the Eater is tearing itself apart already))

((From what I can tell, the only way Feyri survives at this point anyways is if Morul manages to Void both of them. I'd say make it a conditional action on Morul unable to bring both of them into the void))
((It might be worth having Morul try to amp punt it into the stratosphere first.))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 10, 2015, 07:12:26 am »

((Should I make Tir shoot it, maybe? I know what's happened every other time so I'm more than a little hesitant; but the Eater is tearing itself apart already))

((From what I can tell, the only way Feyri survives at this point anyways is if Morul manages to Void both of them. I'd say make it a conditional action on Morul unable to bring both of them into the void))
((It might be worth having Morul try to amp punt it into the stratosphere first.))
((It's- wait, IC))

This is all my fault.

Right, so the speed of thought encompasses the speed of tumbling around and trying to stabilize with my boosters under bone-crushing force, if not for this suit. I am grateful.

However not so for this planet. Whichever it hosts, and its related civilization, seems to be something greater than it can withstand; my memory banks aren't helping cognizance at the moment, yet I feel like we lacked a lot of inquiry beforehand.

Yet there was time to save this. And it was up to me and Morul.

And I failed again. And again. And again.
How many missions does my determination have to take until I accept that one snippet by that guy when I was debriefed from the colony? I am a failure--who would've thought just a moment's notice off the ground would trigger such an act.

Well its free now.

Yes, thoughts. You are great comforts. I recall all the aid you mentioned, and all the times I restrained mention of these worries thanks to you all. Especially my comrades. I still recall Stacy. Silly person.

And they're all in trouble because of me.

This feels so strange, I should've gotten used to it after how many times. The synthflesh and external impact--I duly miss my..my self. Its a simulation of how it should feel, but there's always a missing aspect.

Dwelling randomly here, thank you determination. I wonder how would it feel if I had actually listened to that guy and quit? Well, nothing of this sort--though I'm here now, and I can still do something.
I wonder how I would've lived if not for that determination?
...No Lyra. No Jim. No Faith.
No learning from mistakes. No making more mistakes though.
But what is it worth--and for that, why should there be worth in considering this?
...Is this all life has to offer? What about Sambo?

...Why doesn't Steve even have psych-debriefings after traumatic events.

Ehh. Something to think about if-when I live. Morul, get up here. I think I broke my audio system.
If I can still act...Surely I can still prevent any others' death here.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 10, 2015, 10:56:38 am »

Amp-cloak myself in heat and amp-drill down into the sands.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 10, 2015, 01:52:34 pm »

((Waiting to coordinate a little with Morul then I'll lock some action in))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:59 pm »

Grab the Eater with my mass amp, and toss it at a 45* angle in the direction of the pit, as hard as I can, then grab Feyri and run like cheap paint in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:55:33 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:19 pm »

((Can we do up instead of towards the Pit? Unless you throw it really hard and land some one-in-a-million moonshot))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 10, 2015, 04:13:49 pm »

((How about 45* angle? It's up, and towards the pit. Compromise!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:45 pm »

((How about 45* angle? It's up, and towards the pit. Compromise!))
((Haha, sure. Are you the one with the Voidsuit? Are you gonna try to zap out with Tir in tow, or just leg it?))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 10, 2015, 06:43:15 pm »

((Tiruin, didn't Jim JUST die? Shouldn't your Char not know this yet? I'm not trying to be nit pciky btw, if it seems that way I'll shush))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 11, 2015, 02:39:05 am »

((Tiruin, didn't Jim JUST die? Shouldn't your Char not know this yet? I'm not trying to be nit pciky btw, if it seems that way I'll shush))
((I have no idea IC of what happened. :V
I have no idea OOC that he died.

And @kisame/Hapah, I'd like at -least- to have it along the course of the mission unless otherwise reasoned out on a greater idea that not accomplishing the mission is a better idea.

In short--Feyri feels sympathy because of what happened during Mission 3, and how she uniquely is.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 11, 2015, 10:12:51 am »

Taddok Action: Send Last Will and Testament to Steve. Also go AAAAFUCKAAAAAAAAA
-----------
Feyri Action: Run/Fly away with Morul after he does the Eater push shove thing.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:05 pm »

Up the spiral.
Assess the shaking. Is it increasing in intensity?

Check where the spiraling tunnel might lead.

Here's the actions of the underground people again, if they are in any way important.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1242 on: March 12, 2015, 01:30:39 pm »

And what of us irrelevant folks exploring underground? Do we notice anything?
Continue travelling up the spiral tunnel.

The spiral tunnel goes up for quite a while. IT feels like you should actually be near the surface at this point; but you see no light from up above.

((I think now qualifies as a good time to use my potion.))

Use my potion.
Gonna save you some grief and not do that.

All the run away actions: Your actions are understood. They're just not very meaningful because...

Grab the Eater with my mass amp, and toss it at a 45* angle in the direction of the pit, as hard as I can, then grab Feyri and run like cheap paint in the opposite direction.
Morul grabs the Eater with his mind and, using the entirety of his mental stamina in one move, hurls it off into the distance. It arcs off across the desert like a shooting star fired from a mortar. The creature's screams grow quiet as it vanishes into the distance until finally, it hits the ground several miles away. To Feyri and Morul, the flash is so blinding that it shuts their faceplate cameras down, but to those farther off the impact raises a dome of light and fire which grows for a few seconds before popping like a bubble, spewing jets of flame across the sky. From the center of this explosions rises a single point of light, barely visible until it passes above the flames. It appears to be a perfect ball of white light, trailing long tendrils; like a sunfire jellyfish. It roars off into the sky and disappears into the great mass of the "sun". For a long moment the Sun is still. And then it begins to retract it's tendrils; there is a blast of heat and wind as it flexes countless feathery structures and begins to ascend, back into the upper atmosphere and space beyond it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 12, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »

Continue up the tunnel. Keep a feel out for interesting phenomena.

Fast forward to getting picked up once we've explored a bit and returned, maybe?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:30:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:13 pm »

WOOOOOO

Steve, let's get off this rock!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:46:12 pm by Hapah »

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89