Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves Discharged Early  (Read 857 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Dwarves Discharged Early
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:02:25 pm »

I just recovered from a series of riots that put several dwarves in the hospital, many of them very important. They were in hospital for quite some time, but they did not receive timely treatment. I was distracted by sending some gaurds off a party in a statue garden that had turned bloody, so I didn't see exactly what happened, but all of the patients have suddenly been discharged, despite still being in various stages of partial treatment. I've had this happen before, but never to anyone critical enough to try to fix the problem, and never with injuries serious enough to worry about.

These Dwarves are still in need of surgery in some cases, and one is still losing blood. What do? I considered trying to move some unhappy dwarves to their proximity to get them injured again, but I don't want to lose these fellas. Time is a factor.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Dwarves Discharged Early
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »

Did you accidentally remove the hospital designation? Anything happen to your doctors?
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 10:21:39 pm »

Hospital zone's still active, and the Chief Medical Dwarf is still chugging along admirably (due in no small part the pair of guards assigned to the hospital.) Worth noting though is that he had two subordinates; one of whom was recently eviscerated, and the other was recently admitted to the hospital himself for a fractured skull and other various, more minor injuries.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »

Are the beds still in place?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:25:25 pm »

Are the beds still in place?
Not relevant, dwarves will now be carried to the floor of the hospital zone.  Though, if they were in beds and the beds were removed, that would 'reset' their knowledge of their wounds...

In the meantime, a solution.  Wound them, lightly.  A 2 height fall or a cave in 3 tiles away should wound them just a little.  If you have bridges around to gently toss them off of, that works.  A single training spear and CAREFUL observation of wounds may work as well.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 12:54:34 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The only game where tossing your citizens off a bridge is considered an effective form of health care.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:07:33 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 12:57:30 pm »

Dawrf Fortress: The only game where tossing your citizens off a bridge is considered an effective form of health care.
One of two things has happened to you:
1: You haven't been playing enough games.
2: You haven't been playing enough games correctly.