Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 252558 times)

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #1125 on: October 28, 2021, 06:11:45 am »

That would just make mines deplete even faster...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 28, 2021, 05:17:27 pm »

? If you are simply waiting around for more ore to arrive, then that's exactly what you need, faster mining. Do you have high tier productivity modules on all the mines?

And this I know is krastorio 2, but I had the option to enrich ore, making the processing of ore more efficient at the cost of my sanity in rebuilding everything.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1127 on: October 28, 2021, 06:24:27 pm »

He said he's running out too fast.
Productivity modules are indeed the answer to making more from less.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:20 pm »

Before I boosted productivity I was genuinely having issues with producing enough iron to clear out biters to expand to the next ore patch before my current patches run out. Maybe I am just too used to BA infinite ores, as I have never really played any factorio outside of BA before, just a bit of IR back in the day...
What's your military strategy look like? It sounds to me like you're using a lot of bullets, to defend against the large swarms trying to end the massive pollution caused by your core miners. I don't like bullets, they end up very expensive against the bigger bugs.

My strategy is usually to clear out a big area up to easy choke points once I get flamethrowers and enough exoskeletons to kite with, before the giant yellow bugs evolve. A quick burst of fire is wonderfully efficient and powerful. A few rockets to kill a nest before running works too. Then I turtle up with flamethrower and laser turrets, and try to go easy on pollution with efficiency modules until I can get out artillery and landmines.
(This worked fine for regular Space Exploration, but I haven't started a Space/Kras run yet.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 08:03:53 pm by Nirur Torir »

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 29, 2021, 04:16:52 am »

Exactly, and with productivity modules and research in SE (vanilla) even something like 50% productivity is high (especially before leaving nauvis). For military I use laser turrets laced with ammo turrets using modded almost free copper bullets (1 copper plate per 1000 magazines), but the sheer cost of laser turrets is sooo huge in iron in SE and you need so damn many of them (compared to BA). maybe using flame turrets would work better, I did have plenty of oil for them. For clearing nests I was using flame tanks for small to medium nests, worked fine, just a bit too tedious. For larger nests flame tanks are too weak so I had to make a small army of laser tanks. It was a huge pain in the ass clearing even that one single nest right next to a big iron ore deposit. THE ONLY iron ore deposit outside my base I have not yet claimed as far as I had vision...

I have only SE, so best recipe there is to procces ori is to mix it with vulcanite and it gives I think 8 plates per 5 or 6 ore?? So maybe Krastorio would have made this better if it has better efficiency. I do put productivity modules wherever possible. Then again, I am probably just way too used to BA infinite ores where even a single deposit is enough to run a large base forever with no problems...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 29, 2021, 04:42:20 pm »

He said he's running out too fast.
Productivity modules are indeed the answer to making more from less.

Ah I see, I was remembering an older comment.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]