Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bloodborne - FromSoftware 2015  (Read 4423 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodborne - FromSoftware 2015
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 09:04:54 am »

i'd rather wait a year for the PC port then buy a console.
I hear it's going to be released in a bundle with Demon's Souls and Read Dead: Redemption.
The package will come with a new season of Firefly, too.
And it'll be released on Steam along with Dragon's Dogma pc port.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:16 am »

Bit of a necro, but eh. I have no intention of making a new thread.
Anyway, I intend to get this. Any tips/warnings/vital info?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 10:23:31 am »

Bit of a necro, but eh. I have no intention of making a new thread.
Anyway, I intend to get this. Any tips/warnings/vital info?
You can begin to enhance yourself once you have 1 insight, in the land of dreams.
You will be able to acquire the beckoning bell in the land of dreams after getting 1 insight.
You need 10 insight before you can purchase the collaborating and sinister bells, in the land of dreams.
There is sanctuary in the ward of the cathedral.  Talk to the one clothed in red.
Donning the cloth of the faith may be useful at times.
Exploration may be beneficial.
Fear the blunderbuss.
Dodging is super effective.
The red lights tend to indicate sanity.

You gain insight for making it to a boss, so don't worry too much about spending it, unless you can't make it to the boss.
If your console goes to sleep while the game is still open, you should close and reopen the application before playing if you want to ring your bells and get a response within a reasonable time frame.  (No clue if it has been fixed in a patch or not.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:27:46 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

Double post... >.>  Because I have to post this.

Optional boss/dungeon: Undead Giant 2.0... this bastard is armed with a scythe arm on its left side and a club arm on its right side, chains attached to its back and with a peculiar growth coming out of its lower back. 

It is a freaking monster.  Each attack is capable of chewing off half your life, if not 80-90% of it.  First encounters, I've tried co-oping with a friend against it.  But I kept dying like a scrub.  It was clearly a waste of time for him since we couldn't beat it, even if he is too bro to say it.

So there is the dying to the Undead Giant montage on my own. 

In its enraged state, many of its sweep attacks incorporate the chains on its back.  The chains function as a range increase and also extending the attack so that even if you time your dodge right for its initial swipe, the chains will hit you anyways.  This is a death sentence. 
You cannot be timid in its enraged state.  If you step back it will sweep at you with its forward swipe.  The chains will murder you with that extended range.

It has a range of attacks... 
It does 2 swipes with its scythe arm.  Its the worst when you get into a groove, where you are used to UG swinging once, you dodge it and hit it... it becomes UG swings, you dodge it and move to hit it, but get swiped by that second hit.  This one teaches ya to wait for at least a few milliseconds longer before moving in to attack after it does a scythe strike.
Its spin attack, where the chains hit you if you try to counter too fast.  Teaches ya not to use the counterstrike function.
Its smash the ground attack, it tends to repeat it between 2-5 times.  Dodge to your right for two of its swings, you should be far enough that its 3rd swing won't hit you.  Hit it in that time frame.
Its foot kicks while you are up close to it, I never seem to be able to properly dodge those.  Probably cause I wait a millisecond too long for the windup.  Might be a visual problem and/or its cause I'm in the wait for the right time to dodge that scythe mode.

Enraged mode
Forward sweep+chains, always happens when you are in front of it and kinda far.  It will murder you.  Don't ever give it the option to use this attack.  Get back back to your position, suppress that survival instinct to run away and heal when injured.  Continue dodging its other attacks, instead of attacking it, use that time to heal.
Ground smash, easiest telegraph ever.  Dodge at right time or out of range, hit it.
Fancy spin, another big telegraph, the only time that you distance yourself from it... and you should get back close to it as quickly as possible. (At least I do.)

Here is the thing though, you can influence how it'll attack, depending on where you stand relative to it.  The position is near but not too near the UG's left leg.  Well, to the right of the UG's left leg, standing in front of its scythe arm.  It'll favour doing the easily dodgeable close range scythe swings and spin attacks, even during the enraged mode.  But, its a little harder to stick to that sweet spot during enraged mode, since it might throw up one of its enraged mode attacks, at that range, easily dodgeable/avoidable.  You essentially spend your whole time hitting its left leg.

Oh yes, that growth on its back I mentioned earlier... if you destroy it, it does straight up 25% damage to it, save it for last, during its enraged mode.  Ideally the best time to hit that growth is after its ground smash, since it'll likely have its back toward you.
If you keep hitting its left leg, you can end up staggering it, where you can whale at it before it gets back up.  I'm not entirely sure how the fancy visceral attacks work, but I managed to do that once, ever, for epic damage.
If you semi-stagger it, you only have room for 1 extra attack.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 05:05:45 pm »

I've been playing this on my roommates ps4.  Its pretty fun but I miss the variety of weapons, and it starts off feeling pretty linear(opens up some later though).  And as usual with these games I can't tell if it feels easier than the "d-souls" games or if I just get better each time I play them.  I don't think any of the bosses have taken me more than 3 tries to beat so far, and I've gotten a few of them on my first try. 

I think the best improvement so far is being able to attack an enemy back to get the HP you just lost.  Makes me always wonder if I should back off and play it safe, or just attack like a crazy man whenever I get hit.   :P

Also, my roommate told me that there is a bug that if you don't turn off the game, but instead just use the PS4 rest mode as a "pause", the game gets quite a bit easier with a lot of the bosses not using all their moves.  So be sure to exit the game normally at least one a day.

http://kotaku.com/bad-bloodborne-bug-makes-boss-battles-way-too-easy-1695696861
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:08:18 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 01:48:49 am »

For those wondering, the duplication glitch has finally been patched out. There's another new infinite Blood Echo glitch in the game now tough.

I'm just a little mad that they havent done anything about the loading times tough. I mean, christ, it's like 40 seconds. And it makes farming and backtracking incredibly annoying. That Bloodborne Font is now permanently burned into my mind.

Alos, jsut the usual "I'm stuck" rant:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 02:26:02 am »

Also, just the usual "I'm stuck" rant:
I had trouble with Rom as well, but in the end I got him (in a solo fight) by cleaning out all the small spiders each round before attacking him. I agree that it was kind of boring to dodge around to hit the small spiders from behind, but it was indeed needed to avoid the devastating one shot kills while attacking Rom.
About the 'hail attack', - I noticed that it is indeed difficult to dodge out of range, but just running got me out of harms way most of the times.

On a general note I'm very happy with Bloodborne :-)  There may be (a lot) fewer weapons, but they are also a lot more interesting to play with due to the 'switch mode' in each.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 06:41:41 am »

I just want to know what high level area means in this context...  But then, I've really only just started into depth 3 dungeons... It has been a death defying experience already.  At 30 vit.

And I reckon lack of weapons is not a bad thing.  You don't really have a 1.0 to 1.1 to 1.2 iteration of weapons that are probably a little bit different in movesets, but vastly different in power.
But, I guess there are literal 1.1 and 1.2 versions of each weapons in the chalices.
They are all pretty unique from each other, considering the switch mode.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:47:28 am by Zangi »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:33 am »

For those wondering, the duplication glitch has finally been patched out. There's another new infinite Blood Echo glitch in the game now tough.

Woot!

I'm just a little mad that they havent done anything about the loading times tough. I mean, christ, it's like 40 seconds. And it makes farming and backtracking incredibly annoying. That Bloodborne Font is now permanently burned into my mind.

Seriously.  Its a bit ridiculous.

Alos, jsut the usual "I'm stuck" rant:

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2021, 04:09:00 am »

[Arise old friend.]
Last year I heard about a tradition that November was 'Bloodbourne Month', where we old hunters would make a new character and go hunting again.
I made one, and I will claim that there indeed were more people online even in the starting areas helping and needing help.

I don't know how big and well-known this tradition is, but I will definitely start another run next week, and hope to see some of you as well. :)

Also this (fake) PSone remake is interesting if you haven't seen it yet:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-14-bloodborne-psone-demake-project-shows-off-full-boss-fight
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2021, 10:20:37 am »

I was hoping this was the announcement of the long rumored PC-port/Remaster. :(

Funny re-reading my comments from 6 years ago. I was willing to wait for BB....but I didn't think I'd be waiting this long!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:06:06 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2]