Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World - Time To Strike The Earth  (Read 19734 times)

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014: The Succession World - Time To Strike The Earth
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 11:31:19 am »

Sign me up for a turn on this ridiculously long list :P This looks to be a ton of fun!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 01:03:22 pm »

You guys realize that I've done this same concept in my "The Luckiest Tourist Ever" game back in 34.11?  (Also the Museum games work in a similar vein - this one is just a bit less goal oriented.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 01:10:25 pm »

It's not like this just sprung up this week. It's been in planning for nearly 2 years now.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 01:37:39 pm »

Sign me up for a turn on this ridiculously long list :P This looks to be a ton of fun!

Added you, and updated the OP a bit. I've finally gotten a chance to play, so look forward to my turn update soon. Looking at the world, the north is super heavily settled, with the rest of the world more wilderness. The southern island is all human though, which is interesting.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »

It's not like this just sprung up this week. It's been in planning for nearly 2 years now.

No, I meant that those games could be "mined" for ideas if people were at a loss about what they might do in the world.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »

Settled northlands with an island of humans.

Coolio. Could we get a map, good sir?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »

Settled northlands with an island of humans.

Coolio. Could we get a map, good sir?

It's in the second post, but I'll post it here for your convenience. Once I finish my turn, I'll go into legends and print some of the other maps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What stikes me at first is how close the goblin, human and dwarf settlements are in the northwest. And the number of them. Doesn't seem to be too many elves until you get to the south of the west continent, where their settlements are everywhere. Looking at it closer, the southeast continent seems pretty thickly settled near the south of it, but the north of it is empty, along with almost all of the northeast continent. So we've got a good mix between wilderness and settled areas it seems.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »

Hmm.

I can't actually get the map picture to load now, so I'll try to see it later.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 05:48:41 pm »

Journal of Ad Deathblossoms, Granite of the Year 120

Today I have become a hearthperson in my hometown of Veileddrum, in the service of my great lord Lecit Hamemark. Today is the day that I begin the rest of my life, and as it is such an auspicious occasion, I have decided to start a journal chronicling my life. I came from humble beginnings, my parents were fathers. When the levy was called to defend against the elves in the Conflict of Steam 16 years ago, my father naturally went to serve. When the war ended in 106, he did not return. We later learned that the elves had killed him in battle, and eaten his body. On that day, I swore that I would do all I could to rid the elves from our beautiful southern island. So, I trained and I trained, finally becoming as skilled as I am today. With the grace of  Ramston Takenvises, god of laws, justice and valor, I will succeed in my goal, and I will see those corpse eaters thrown from this island I call home. Becoming a hearthsperson is the first step to this, and has secured my a stepping stone for my quest. I've finally gotten my equipment together, and I'll be leaving shortly to travel to Inkphrase, the largest city of our glorious Confederation. From there, it is a short journey south to the lands of the Skirt of Pasttimes, the elven kingdom. Perhaps in Inkphrase, I can recruit some fighters to help me in my cause. I'll need to scout the lands first though... All things in due time. For now though, I am off!

As I travel, I can't help but think about the great service I will be doing for my Confederacy and my god. All I can think about is the glory and honor I will recieve by bringing human law and human justice to the elf lands. We are so markedly superior to them, there is no way they can stand against the might of some determined humans. Even our stone roads proclaim our superiority over all peoples of the land.

I made it to Inkphrase for the end of the day, and rested at the home of a friend. Tomorrow, I shall talk to the lord, and inform him of my endeavours.

In the morning, I passed through the market on my way to the castle, when suddenly...

Quickly, the crowd mobbed him. I drew my sword, and yelled at them to stand aside. Jumping forward, I slashed at his belly, and tore apart his guts. I then scrambled away as he rained blow after blow upon my shield. As I recovered, someone fired an arrow at him, breaking his horn! This was my chance, I struck.

Now to finish him off.

After assuring the citizens and the guards that everything was okay, I decided to head to the castle and tell the lord of my heroic deeds. Surely he will outfit me with an army capable of wiping out the elvish scum.

Naturally, life is never that simple. As I passed down a side street, I was set upon by a cave dragon! Despite the threatening nature of the creature, I struck it down in a matter of moments. I truly have the makings of a hero. Who knows what damage that dragon could have done? Spirits lifted, I continued on. Naturally, I was confronted by another monster on my way there. A quick blow to the head, and the Crocodile Recruit was no more.

It seems that the world is more dangerous than I had previously believed. There are monsters at every turn. This can only be a sign that the influence of the elves is tearing our lands apart. Something must be done. Determined, I marched onwards to the castle. My hand grows weary though, so I will summarize the events at the castle at a later date.

((Kinda dull at first, I know, but I spent a fair bit of time going through legends mode and getting some good background. It'll pick up, the next one will have more content, and less trivial details. Also, holy shit. I hit three encounters in a row in the same city. Is this normal now?))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:52:16 pm by Glloyd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

Dull? The town is full of monsters in broad daylight! O_O
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »

Yeah, I was rather surprised by that. I just wanted to get to the castle, but it kept pulling me out of the travel map and saying "You feel uneasy."

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 02:23:20 am »

Reminds me of a city from the Conan books, with barbarians, thieves, vile monsters and shifty merchants around every corner.  I have a feeling that the human civilization is only a couple generations removed from total barbarism itself.  While they've built a "great city", it's mostly out of wood and mud except for the undressed stone of its noble's towers and possibly temples to capricious deities.  Do you hear the rams horns calling?  That would be the slave pits offering up sacrifice to the Gods...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 02:29:01 am »

Reminds me of a city from the Conan books, with barbarians, thieves, vile monsters and shifty merchants around every corner.  I have a feeling that the human civilization is only a couple generations removed from total barbarism itself.  While they've built a "great city", it's mostly out of wood and mud except for the undressed stone of its noble's towers and possibly temples to capricious deities.  Do you hear the rams horns calling?  That would be the slave pits offering up sacrifice to the Gods...

Incidentally, I've actually found a few elven slaves in various hamlets, which adds to that, and also helps further the narrative I'm trying to build.

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 08:00:37 am »

This. Is. Awesome.

Add me one turn please.

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2014, 09:06:30 am »

Please add me as well. It will take ages, but eventually....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14