Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to off a law-giver without making civ hostile?  (Read 1903 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
How to off a law-giver without making civ hostile?
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:26:17 am »

How to off a law-giver without making civilisation hostile? The reason is obviously to get some vampire blood, I don't need to kill her technically. I found a big city, where lords of other towns come and pray in temples. They told me the law-giver of the city is an olm woman, who not only is a blood drinker but also introduced some harsh law. Even the lady of the city apparently doesn't like her. The olm woman says she rules the whole civ. I don't understand why they allow that vampire to do what she wants, but humans are strange species anyway. So I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to make an uprising and remove only the law-giver, without removing lords and other such nobles?
2. Is it possible to kill her or draw her blood without offending any of her stupid lambs?

Despite bragging about killed night creatures, beasts and bandits I can have only two companions to help me, so more like a covert operation would be preferable. The olm woman is protected by three crossbowmen most of the time. By the way, who on earth names his castle "The Primitive Castle"?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How to off a law-giver without making civ hostile?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 06:07:58 am »

Have you tried to talk with the law give and choose "accuse of being a night creature" option ?
In previous version when a vampire was accused, he would reveal himself as a vampire, so you could fight him without problems as he would become hostile to everyone, soldiers and civilians included.

But i have not encountered a single one in my 0.40.x adventures, so i don't know if it is still working as in previous versions or if it's one of the broken stuff.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:48:55 am »

But i have not encountered a single one in my 0.40.x adventures, so i don't know if it is still working as in previous versions or if it's one of the broken stuff.

Same here tbh and Ive been searching a lot because its the easiest and perhaps also cheesiest way of getting into the towers. Perhaps they are better at killing them off or catching them.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:08:26 am »

Have you tried to talk with the law give and choose "accuse of being a night creature" option ?
In previous version when a vampire was accused, he would reveal himself as a vampire, so you could fight him without problems as he would become hostile to everyone, soldiers and civilians included.

that's mostly because the vampire suddenly loses their Civ_id which makes them count as a wild animal, law givers and most folks you wanna kill are tied to Civs and like before killing someone from a civ is a big no no.
at best you could light something on fire then hand it off to them or lure a monster into their site, or be creative.
like now you could kinda get away with murdering some folks but you're not winning any trophies or statues doing so unless said person gone super wild.
this goes for bandits, armies invasions and what not. The only time you could get away with murder is murdering some megabeast but heh, goodluck
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:28:35 am »

People love their vampire in this version. Before when accused everyone and their grandmother raged. Now they spit or attack you if you accuse and kill a vampire.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 11:56:08 am »

People love their vampire in this version. Before when accused everyone and their grandmother raged. Now they spit or attack you if you accuse and kill a vampire.
hmm what ya know, murdering is a crime now. man I play Adventure mode to passively to notice this stuff.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 12:26:57 pm »

Well, that was funny. After accusing her before the court she was angry (temporarily), and named me a fool. She lost the status of law-giver, and is just an Olm-woman Woodcrafter vampire now. The name is the same as before (it was genuine). However, after that she behaves just like any other guy, it's honour to meet me and blah blah blah. No one attacked her. So I still can't do anything, because they will brand me a criminal, I think.

I will wait and observe the behavioural pattern so to say. Maybe they will become angry at her if she sucks the lady's boy dry or something. The boy likes adventures, he already survived two encounters with a cougar, so I hope he will trigger another encounter, with the vampire this time.

I have two vampires in my world - according to villagers. They don't count nobles. One is a dwarf male, and another one is human female. But I went to the lair of that dwarf vampire and found it empty. It is actually only a hour or two from the capital with the olm-woman vampire, near another smaller town which is ruined by some beast and has only one inhabitant. I've checked that inhabitant to be "clean". I don't know what happened to the vampire.

Apparently sometimes wild animals, vampires included, start wandering and disappear from the lair, but I haven't encountered such beasts. I know they are still  alive from Legends.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 12:43:39 pm »

Well, that was funny. After accusing her before the court she was angry (temporarily), and named me a fool. She lost the status of law-giver, and is just an Olm-woman Woodcrafter vampire now. The name is the same as before (it was genuine). However, after that she behaves just like any other guy, it's honour to meet me and blah blah blah. No one attacked her. So I still can't do anything, because they will brand me a criminal, I think.

I will wait and observe the behavioural pattern so to say. Maybe they will become angry at her if she sucks the lady's boy dry or something. The boy likes adventures, he already survived two encounters with a cougar, so I hope he will trigger another encounter, with the vampire this time.

That def sounds like a bug.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »

I'll write what happened because I think it was terrific.

1. I came to the vampire and attacked her by wrestling upper body. It was labelled as a brawl, and she strapped her masterwork knife to the body.
2. She tried to attack me with a human tooth earring. I parried it.
3. The brawl was changed to no-quarter fight, and one of my companions started bashing the vampire with his silver morningstar. The lady, her entourage and guards remained passive.
4. I grabbed the vampire's knife, and the next attack with earring was immediately blocked by that knife.
5. I gained possession of the knife and strapped it to my body, so no one would be hurt.
6. I threw the vampire to the floor, while my companion was bashing it, which resulted in bleeding.
7. I asked the vampire to stop these silly hostilities. She agreed. My companion stopped bashing too.
8. I commented on weather and then asked for exchange of goods.
9. I traded her four clothing items covered with blood for all my meat and some gold pieces. She certainly valued the dirty rags highly. I also took the earring.
10. I drank all blood from the clothing. The vampire meanwhile dropped all items I gave her to the floor, so I took it back.
11. I started talking to the lady and asked to become a hearthperson. She agreed, which means the civ remained non hostile to me. In fact I'm now a member.
12. Then I started seeing people through walls - I became a vampire.
13. Next night I came back to the vampire to check on her. She was friendly enough and asked me if I made any good deals lately. Yes, I did.

By the way, the vampire sleeps one floor lower now, with children and servant staff, while the lady with her husband and advisers stays upstairs. May be a coincidence, may be a sign of falling from grace. Other signs are two scars on her body. Also, the ex-law-giver is very loyal to the government, in fact more so than before.

One thing I don't like is that my vampire-dwarf is slightly slower than before. Not a game breaker, but I had hoped for a speed gain rather than a loss.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 02:50:02 pm »

Wow, that is pretty crazy. I kind of love the new version for all of its ridiculous bugs. So is she just walking around naked now?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 03:23:18 pm »

Wow, that is pretty crazy. I kind of love the new version for all of its ridiculous bugs. So is she just walking around naked now?

The vampire? No, I bought a cloak, two mittens and a hood from her. Later I returned the items I cleaned with my tongue back, and she wears them again. I keep some items I didn't need (my companion's morningstar also has coating of vampire blood), maybe I will leave it at a future side of my fortress or something. Olm-men apparently wear "small" clothing so I don't have any other use for them.

By the way, to change into vampire only one item was really needed, and it happened immediately. It was visible thanks to this "Detect Living" effect. I've read previously that the curse may take some time to kick in, but that wasn't the case here.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 04:54:07 pm »

Do the guards sleep? If so... strangle time!
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!