Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: IronTomato Plays The Sims 3: THE FIRST DAY DAWNS  (Read 10980 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
IronTomato Plays The Sims 3: THE FIRST DAY DAWNS
« on: September 25, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »

Slaves to Iron: God of Fruit
Chapter II: "Human" House

Once upon a time in the year [REDACTED], there was a small, quaint town in the middle of fucking nowhere. This remote town went only by the name of Watchedbays. In this magical little town, nobody was a normal person, except me.

As time passed, the small town of Watchedbays became larger and larger, until it was the most bustling town in all of nowhere. Strange people began to enter Watchedbays in droves. It was terrifying. One day, a bus came to Watchedbays, and stopped in front of an unoccupied house. Out of the bus stepped five young men and women.

In case you didn't catch all that, this will be a Let's Play of The Sims 3. The initial party of Baywatchers will consist of five people, although I will probably install the mod that makes story progression better so that a theoretically infinite number of people can participate. The story will focus on the chosen five, however. The rule is "first come, first served" so the fastest people will be able to be in the chosen five, unless for some reason you want to be a background character. This is probably the safest choice, since I will be the player. I have the Nightlife expansion pack and some random stuff pack, but nothing else.

Since this is a forum LP, the Sims appearances will be mainly based off of our forum members. If you're perfectly fine with that, PM me a picture of you. If you're not okay with PMing me a picture, PM me a basic description of what you look like. If for any reason you're not okay with that either, just tell me how you want your Sim to look.

Basic personality details are nice, but not necessary. Keep in mind that if you don't tell me them, I'll give you whatever personality I feel like.

Playerlist:
GentlemanRaptor
Birdy51
Zanzetkuken The Great
Scrdest
MaximumZero
Rabidgam3r
Sheb
Kaladin Anrizlokum
Boksi
Sappho
Mech #4
Arx
NAV
Tawarochir
KingofstarrySkies
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:45:24 pm by IronTomato »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays The Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 08:55:45 pm »

This LP is the perfect opportunity to demonstrate our glorious sociopathy alternative thinking! Sign me right up. I'll PM you when I get to my computer.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:59:18 pm »

...You know what, to hell with it. I'll put my name on the list to see what happens. Perhaps even with a picture!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:34:39 pm »

Going to send one in, just to see what happens.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 06:01:19 am »

Oh, hehe, I feel almost obliged to send a char in after GO's LP fizzled out.But I think I'll get a fresh picture, because what the hell.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 07:26:51 am »

I'm absolutely in. Numerous pics in the pic thread. If you have specific traits or lifetime wishes you want us picking from, let me know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 08:46:43 am »

I'm obviously in, but with one condition.
I need to be a fat sassy black woman.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 08:54:17 am »

Bit late, but I'm in too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 09:53:59 am »

Oh, shieeet. Only now did I notice you have Nightlife. The Humble Origin set?

In this case, PLAY. IN. BRIDGEPORT. Buy a tiny-ass apartment for all five of us. Trust me, having five sims in a 35 square meter apartment is hilarious.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 09:58:51 am »

Oh, shieeet. Only now did I notice you have Nightlife. The Humble Origin set?

In this case, PLAY. IN. BRIDGEPORT. Buy a tiny-ass apartment for all five of us. Trust me, having five sims in a 35 square meter apartment is hilarious.
Nah, I don't do Steam. I have the TS3 Starter Pack.

Yeah, I'm definitely playing in Bridgeport. There's so much awesome stuff in Bridgeport, such as both apartments and regular houses. Apartment life with 5 Sims does sound like it could get rather hectic, though. Where would everyone sleep?

By the way, guys, do you want me to turn aging off?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 10:33:04 am »

You can just set the lifespan to the highest value. It will take aaaaages to just get through adulthood, but it would end.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 10:44:32 am »

Works for me. Epic lifespan takes forever to get through. I'll probably be hit by a meteor before then.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 11:20:59 am »

What is the typical aging rate?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 11:57:38 am »

People stop being babies in less than one in game week, and adults turn old in a few in game weeks, IIRC. I could be wrong, it's been a couple months since I've played.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 12:01:45 pm »

It's not aging rate, it's just manipulating the lengths of individual life episodes.

Default is:
3, 7, 7, 14, 21, 21, ~17 days for: Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder. 90 days total, give or take for Elders. Checked the Wiki, I have a life, honest.

Long is 190, Epic is NINE HUNDRED FRICKING SIXTY.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:05:21 pm by scrdest »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8