Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Words of Power: Arena RTD  (Read 6558 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Words of Power: Arena RTD
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 12:03:01 am »

Find Igor. KILL him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 03:17:11 am »

I'll would rather have rolled a 3.
Right I'll fix that real quick.... though my guess you won't live long given your stats and Steve's kill WORD ability...

((Question: Do NPC kills count for souls and new words?))

Hm.... I would say.... alright that that. If something has a human or equivalent soul, you can get a soul from killing it. Also gives me a few ideas I wanna throw in...

Anywho, turn will be up soon.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Words of Power: Arena RTD - Knights are bullies!
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 04:48:02 am »

Turn 3:

Icytea and Berius:
(Lucky SPD: 2-1)
(Knights SPD: They have +2 SPD so doesn't matter.)

(Tomkin DEX: 3+2)
(Lucky SPD: 1-1)

(Tomkin STR: 1+2)
(Lucky END: 2-3+3)

(Ouin DEX: 6+2)
(Lucky SPD: Can't dodge)

(Ouin STR: 1+2)
(Lucky END: 1-3+3)

Tomkin and Ouin was too fast for Lucky. He didn't have time to run away from the knights like he wanted so his only choice was to defend himself. Tomkin attempts to stab Lucky. The stab slides past Lucky's shield and and into the shoulder of the arm without the shield. Ouin follows up with a downward slash only to get it parried by Lucky. Though this left lucky open for a moment in which Ouin took advantage off and swung the side of his own shield in Lucky's ribs, braking one of them and sending him to the ground.

NAV and Hawk:
Correction on Igor's ability. With a 3, he just get's a straight up +2 END.

(Steve WORD: 1+2)
(Igor LCK: 3-1)

Steve points his finger at Igor with the intent to use his power. Apparently it worked since Igor just suddenly fell forward, dead long before hitting the ground not even knowing what happened to him. Then his body dissipates into some sort of bluish-white energy that flows into Steve, leaving his branch behind. Steve can feel s bit of power well up inside of him as the energy flows into him. That's when Steve noticed someone walk out of the castle holding a club.

Igor is dead! Steve gains 1 soul!

Blazing Glory:

Starn leaves the castle in time to witness Igor's death and it's easy to tell that Steve is the cause of it. Since he watched as the energy Igor's corpse turned into flow into Steve.

Salsacookie:
(Gherkin LCK: 1+6)
(Gherkin WORD: 2+2)

Since the bottom of the tower is completely bare, Gherkin walks outside for something to use his power on. Which wasn't hard to find as there is a cluster of pretty large rocks. "SAUERKRAUT!"  he yells and one of them turns into a pile of Super Sauerkraut, yum! There is about a whole plateful of it... about enough that can be eaten 3 times.

Gherkin obtains 3 servings of Super Sauerkraut. Their affects last 2 turns.

Igor is dead! Greenshirt spawns in! He's now the Black dot!
Wwolin:
(GS LCK: 6+3)

WORD: PROMOTION
Ability: Passive - You get better promotions from doing as you're supposed to than the rest of the people. As such you gain a base +2 stat points from obtaining souls and extra stat points equal to your SKL. (Negative skill has no affect on this ability.)

Greenshirt spawns in by the rope bridge. He has a great view of a couple of Knights attempting to kill a sorta defenseless person....

Map and current status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 05:15:08 am »

Run! Run, carp it!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 07:30:36 am »

"Ah shit, alright Greeny, it's game time. Gotta get promoted, and get the hell out of here."

Let's get down to business.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

blazing glory

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 07:35:54 am »

Charge at Steve while swinging my war club.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 09:54:25 am »

+1 to SPD!

"Fear me! For I am Steve, the Reaper!"

Introduce Starn's face to my rock.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 12:33:34 pm »

To the knights to watch and make sure they do it right.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 04:57:35 am »

Eat some sauerkraut and look for a fight
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 08:30:58 pm »

Turn 4:

Salsacookies and Wwolin:
(GS SPD: 6+2)
(Gherkin SPD: N/a) ((Gonna use N/a for stuff that are impossible to beat))

(GS STR: 6-1)
(Gherkin STR: 4-3+2)

(GS DEX: 1+1+2)
(Gherkin SPD: 3-3+2)
(GS DEX: 6+1+2)
(Gherkin SPD: N/a)

(GS STR: 5-1+2)
(Gherkin END(STR?): 4-3+2) ((Greenshirt is trying to throw Gherkin over the edge which I'm not sure to use END or STR..... lucky me Gherkin's STR and END are the same lol.))

Gherkin eats his handmade instant Super Sauerkraut and makes his way across the bridge looking for a fight. He's now glowing a bit. Luckily... or perhaps unluckily the fight came for him as Greenshirt ran up to Gherkin and stole and ate a serving of Super Sauerkraut off of Gherkin, leveling the the fight between them. This makes Greenshirt glow just like Gherkin. Next Greenshirt lifted up Gherkin and lifted him over the side of the rope bridge attempting to murder him through the power of natural gravity. Though Gherkin held on to the rope bridge before he could fall and is now hanging for his life.

Blazing Glory and Hawk:
(Starn SPD: 1-2)
(Steve SPD: 1+3)

(Steve DEX: 3-2)
(Starn SPD: 2-2)

(Steve STR: 5-2+1)
(Starn END: 5)

(Starn DEX: 6-2)
(Steve SPD: 1+3) ((In win or lose dice rolls I would just reroll ties... but made me realize that if I do ties, Starn can't touch Steve at all...))

Steve and Starn both attack each other (after a small stumble). Steve attempts to cave in Starn's face but only clips him a bit with his rock. Steve attempts to do the same with his club but Steve just ducks underneath of it. Time for round 2?

Icytea and Berius:
(Lucky SPD: 6-1-1)
(Tomkin SPD: 1+2)
(Ouin SPD: 6+2)

(Ouin DEX: 3+2)
(Lucky SPD: 2-1-1)

(Ouin STR: 3+2)
(Lucky END: 4-3+3)

Lucky throws up a bunch of dirt into the openings in the helmets of the knights and runs away as fas he can. It get's into Tomkin's eyes and prevents him from giving chase for a while, but Ouin is unaffected and chases after Lucky. Lucky runs to the end of the island trying to get behind the castle. That's when Ouin cuaght up to him and slashes at Lucky. It cuts across his back, but Lucky for lucky it's not life threatening... just really painful... and lot's of blood... if he loses too much more blood though, it's going to start affecting him.

Berius himself get's closer and is standing where Tomkin is currently at.

Map and current status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 08:38:12 pm »

"Come, Tomkin. We shall go to help Ouin. But stay near me. Ouin, take that shield from him."

Go with Tomkin so he can help Ouin in killing Lucky. Order Ouin to take Lucky's shield.

((And now I'm wondering...Ouin got an 8 on speed, Lucky got a 4. Why didn't Ouin go before Lucky could run? Was it so he would still be in a position to attack Lucky next turn?))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:28:19 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 09:03:24 pm »

"GREENSHIRT SMASH!"

Utilize sauerkraut induced superstrength to stomp on Gherkin's fingers
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 09:07:10 pm »

Name: Bob the Bland
Looks: Nothing significant whatsover
Short Bio: Who let Bob near the device, again?

STR:0
DEX:0
SPD:0
END:0
SKL:0
LCK:0

Starting WORD: CHEESE
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »

Igor gets less invincible with each incarnation  :'(

Spoiler: New character (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »

((And now I'm wondering...Ouin got an 8 on speed, Lucky got a 4. Why didn't Ouin go before Lucky could run? Was it so he would still be in a position to attack Lucky next turn?))

Yeah something like that. Had lucky rolled better speed than both of them then both of them then neither of them would've gotten to attack him. While like in the last turn, when he was slower than both, he couldn't run at all. So I went with he ran away but only from one of them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9