Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Better criminal and captain of guard behavior  (Read 687 times)

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Better criminal and captain of guard behavior
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »

I think it would be cool if criminals could fight back against guards, I'm not saying it'll always happen, I'm just saying sometimes.

At first, when the guards come to arrest the person. The criminal has 3 options, 1. let them arrest him 2. RUN 3. fight. The guards will demand the criminal yields before they can arrest him (the criminal needs to be yielding) After that. If the suspect runs, they will chase in non-lethal mode, running until the suspect has escaped, or yielding/knocked unconscious (a suspect can make itself invisible to you unless a non-evil person spots it) The guards will go to where they last saw him/her, giving up in a while (they will still search random areas, giving an alarm if they find him/her, civilians can also set off an alarm) If they fight they guards are still non-lethal but if the criminal does enough damage to the guards the guards will become lethal, but still accepting surrenders. If a guard gets killed, training military will help the guards too. (military guarding burrows will stay) the battle ends when the suspect is killed (if they triggered lethal combat), knocked unconscious/yielding. If the suspect yields in the beginning there will be no combat.

P.S when the criminal is fighting he is either lethal or nonlethal. If all guards are unconscious/yielding, military comes

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Better criminal and captain of guard behavior
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:08:54 am »

I like it. Personality would obviously be a factor but also a general appreciation of the justice system and the intended punishment. A dwarf should be more likely to run if he's facing a beating, for example.

Enemy prisoners could also make a run for it every once in a while if you keep a large number in the same space.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: Better criminal and captain of guard behavior
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:38:41 pm »

I like this idea. Would make more sense to have guards posted everywhere, as well.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!