Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 53302 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

How much tonnage is each piece of equipment?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Tonnage is in the equipment list, priced per unit.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

There, I'm done. How does it look?

It feels a bit weird pairing up such a... friendly pilot with such a dark machine. But you know, that's just part of the fun.

EDIT: Also, it's melee weapon needs evaluating too. For damage and junk. Luzia probably won't get many kills to begin with because of it, but you can't have a super robot without an awesome melee weapon. That's just stupid.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:58:50 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Also, Can certain mechs change from a bipedal form to quadrupedal form? I need to know to make sure I don't mess anything up.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Boo

They're all huge and stuff

Ugh

I knew that would happen

Just gonna be Gundam all over again

Blargh

Still don't know if long range weapons work fine up close
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Also, Can certain mechs change from a bipedal form to quadrupedal form? I need to know to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Yep. I'm not too worried about aesthetics at this point, it's the modules that matter.

Boo

They're all huge and stuff

Ugh

I knew that would happen

Just gonna be Gundam all over again

Blargh

Still don't know if long range weapons work fine up close

They work up close. You can't fight Kaiju with tiny bitch mecha.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... Am I good, Smurf? Giant robot is okay? Going to assign some damage values to my melee weapon?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet~

Okay, I have 4 Tonnage left. I need a melee weapon. Smurf, Assistance?
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Superheroes disagree with you Smurf

They fight Kaiju and they don't have any mecha

It's called long range weaponry

And precision strikes

And being stupid fast

Instead of trying to punch Godzilla

It's not going to work guys

Godzilla has a better right hook than you

Also, a Light Mech being 20 meters tall is pretty ridiculous to call it light at that point.

Goddamn it, you still haven't answered my question. >:[ Also, who exactly are we working for, anyway, and what made us qualified to test out what seem like experimental weapons?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Forgot to put some crap on the OC, they're there now.

Big robot looks fine.

I'm going to go with tonnage * 2 for basic melee weapons. Seems fair, in my head.

Superheroes disagree with you Smurf

They fight Kaiju and they don't have any mecha

It's called long range weaponry

And precision strikes

And being stupid fast

Instead of trying to punch Godzilla

It's not going to work guys

Godzilla has a better right hook than you

Also, a Light Mech being 20 meters tall is pretty ridiculous to call it light at that point.

Goddamn it, you still haven't answered my question. >:[ Also, who exactly are we working for, anyway, and what made us qualified to test out what seem like experimental weapons?

Tactical nukes are boring and kill civilians. Punching is more environmentally friendly and entertaining.

Long range weapons work at close range.

Light mechs are 5-10 metres tall, read my various updates before posting :P

You're working for the UN, and you got scouted into your current position because natural skill.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't mean tactical nukes, I just meant big heavy mechs with artillery cannons that sit back and heap abuse while the little mechs spot and scout and use laser weapons on tendons.

But, five meters I can work with. Translate into Imperial units since I still can't think in height with standard measurements yet, even if I can in distance...16 feet or so? Alright.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay so for Melee, Can I have a Nano-Edge Combat Knife at 2 tonnage, and Would I be able to have a cluster (5 or 6) Large Smoke bombs/ Flash Bangs?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Big robot looks fine.

I'm going to go with tonnage * 2 for basic melee weapons. Seems fair, in my head.

Excellent...

Well if you say it's okay... Also, how does the range system work exactly? Does everyone start at Long Range and spend... (5 - speed) + (3 - speed) + (1 - speed) turns getting into Melee Range or what? I'm a bit confused here.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: The Girl (click to show/hide)
Name: Charlotte Keane

Appearance: Charlotte is a young woman in her 20's, a radiant pinnacle of youth. Her pale blonde hair extends to her shoulder and her eyes are steel blue. In casual settings, she often wears a scarf, leather jacket, and a cute skirt.

Background: Charlotte was born in Sweden, and has the accent to prove it. She was raised by her father, a military man who moved a lot. Charlotte didn't see her father much, but loved him when he did come home; as a little girl she would happily play with him and would draw pretty cards for him, as she was and still is an excellent artist.
One year her father left and never came home, leaving Charlotte in a melancholy mood as she stayed with her older sister. And then the portal incident happened, and she is now working for the UNMD.

Spoiler: The Machine (click to show/hide)
Her mecha is medium-sized armored beast, plated in a radiant white armor that glistens in the light. The design of the mecha is a little blocky, but is still pleasing in appearance. It sports a powerful ADAMANT cannon on its left arm, which can switch weapon modes.

ADAMANT-023M, Medium Class
Melee Weapon: HF-R Hyperalloy Sword (10?)
   "A high-frequency blade is a sword reinforced by a powerful alternating current and resonates at extremely high frequencies. This oscillation weakens the molecular bonds of anything it cuts, thereby increasing its cutting ability. Striking, cutting, and thrusting attacks are performed with the blade, with the sharpened edge and point used for lethal attacks, and the blunt edge used as a clubbing weapon."

1 Long Range Weapon: ADAMANT Cannon (8)
1 Medium Range Weapon ADAMANT Cannon (6)
                                      ADAMANT Assault Rifle (6)
1 Close Range Weapon: ADAMANT Cannon (4)
   Designed for compactness, the ADAMANT cannon consists of three rotating chambers that fire in different ranges.

1 Layered Hulls (8)
Boosted N-Way Engines (20)
High Energy Coupling (20)
1 ARS Module (15)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:24:48 pm by PrivateNomad »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Big robot looks fine.

Excellent...

Well if you say it's okay... Also, how does the range system work exactly? Does everyone start at Long Range and spend... (5 - speed) + (3 - speed) + (1 - speed) turns getting into Melee Range or what? I'm a bit confused here.

Depends on the scenario. Most of the time, though, you'll be allowed to hot-drop into any range but melee.

Okay so for Melee, Can I have a Nano-Edge Combat Knife at 2 tonnage, and Would I be able to have a cluster (5 or 6) Large Smoke bombs/ Flash Bangs?

You can have your butter knife. Grenades though? Tacticals won't work on the aliens, they're smarter than that.

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36