Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 55271 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... it looks like we're having some trouble with the ACM. Is it ok if I jump into the fight right now? I'd still like blue hologram goat dude to appear when he comes back from the mission though. Excellent choice of music btw. I'm not gonna lie it pretty much convinced me to join right now.

EDIT: Is it possible to change the stats of the mech even after you start playing with it? I ask because I have no idea how good Face God's sword compares to its guns and if it's too powerful I'll want to divert the spare tonnage into armour.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:57:25 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

No, you are not. 18 is the border of plausibility. 16 is definitely not. Especially not for a squadron piloting the first giant robots used in warfare. You don't give children sensitive and experimental military technology to use like that.

Wait how is our abritrarily defined age of adulthood the border of plausibility?

People lied about their ages to get into the military early all the time, and during wartime, got away with it a lot of the time.

Calm down, jeezus.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

It's be pretty damn obvious when someone who's 16 lies about being 22. :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

It's be pretty damn obvious when someone who's 16 lies about being 22. :P

You'd be surprised...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Same goes for 14 year olds. It's too obvious, then.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:15:53 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I maintain that all this anti-14 sentiment is a conspiracy to make sure that the status quo of the shipping scene will continue unchanged.

In other news, I JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE TEXT BOX WHEN WRITING A POST USING GOOGLE CHROME!!! IT IS POSSIBLE! In the bottom-right corner of the text box you'll see two white line thingies. Just drag it up and down to increase/decrease the size of the text box.

EDIT: I demand my character and my mech be allowed due to this historical discovery made by me and also because:
if my character or mech gets rejected for any reason I'll automatically assume it's because whoever's GMing this now hates gay people.
You know, besides the fact that this is a game set in the future where giant robots fight giant robots, giant monsters, and aliens. Because I don't think that realism applies any more.

EDIT2: I also sigged you Smurf! Does brown-nosing count for nothing!

EDIT3: I'd just like to make it perfectly clear that I REALLY want Tano to get accepted. Seriously, I spent hours just thinking him up and finding a suitable image for him.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:54:15 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put it this way.

The status quo is that everyone compatible will be shipped. If you aren't, no status quo is changed. If you are compatible, you're still part of the status quo.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't :P

And I'm pretty sure at least one person's homosexual and another a transsexual.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't say not getting shipped is getting damned though. :D
If the homosexual is female, it doesn't count. They are already very present within Bay12. Male homosexuals on the other hand...

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

In other news, I JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE TEXT BOX WHEN WRITING A POST USING GOOGLE CHROME!!! IT IS POSSIBLE! In the bottom-right corner of the text box you'll see two white line thingies. Just drag it up and down to increase/decrease the size of the text box.

I've known this for about a year.

*puts away popcorn*

Just push his age up to 16 and make him act like an edgy, prepubescent asshole, it's basically the same thing.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*dreams shattered*
*depression sinking in*
*not entirely sarcastic unfortunately*

15? I wasn't kidding when I said it took hours just to get his picture, age, and personality to match. Besides, he's not edgy, he just avoids the usual angst-based tropes and likes cool things. All 14 year olds want to pilot mecha and fight monsters - not just the edgy ones. If you're talking about his anti-whatever opinions, really, just everyone hates those guys. Tano just calls em out on it. Not to say he's insensitive. If your brother died just a month ago and you're still upset about that he'll understand. He's not an asshole after all.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:17:42 am by Andres »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

His age should be 16 at least.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:36:08 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

If you're obsessed with making him unshippable, make him 90 years old, and a sexist, racist bigot.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crossover ships, since headcanon says that this thing takes place in a larger multiverse containing every single other Bay12 PbP game ever.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Lies! Lies and fantasies!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lies! Lies and fantasies!
Presence of Kyle proves this theory. Why? Because just about every other PbP game containing kj has Kyle in it. The only one that doesn't is the RWBY game. :P

And Kyle in NDA is implied to share consciousness with Kyle of KS, Kyle of RotMG and Kyle of TA. And maybe even Kyle of UNMD.

*WMG confirmed*
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36