Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: UNMD - First Contact: Discussion Thread. Fighting Kaiju and Aliens with Mecha!  (Read 53312 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

By extension, if my character or mech gets rejected for any reason I'll automatically assume it's because whoever's GMing this now hates gay people.

Or, you know, he's 14. And this isn't the kind of game where teenagers under 18 years get to pilot giant robots. That would be another, far more likely reason than the GM being homophobic.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

-snip-

oh god, why did I have to read that last sentence

whyyyy

If I was going to reject him, I'd probably reject him because he's 14, and therefore too young and annoying. Also, purely because you don't want Tano to be shipped, he's going to be shipped, as it'll be hilarious.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:17:40 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

The simple solution to not getting shipped is to make him easy to not like.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile

The simple solution to not getting shipped is to make him easy to not like.
Personal experience, eh? :P
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Errr.

Nobody angsts. Except Trevor. And even his angst isn't bad.
Then there won't be any problems. Excellent.

By extension, if my character or mech gets rejected for any reason I'll automatically assume it's because whoever's GMing this now hates gay people.

Or, you know, he's 14. And this isn't the kind of game where teenagers under 18 years get to pilot giant robots. That would be another, far more likely reason than the GM being homophobic.
Ah, but you see:
-snip-

oh god, why did I have to read that last sentence

whyyyy

If I was going to reject him, I'd probably reject him because he's 14, and therefore too young and annoying. Also, purely because you don't want Tano to be shipped, he's going to be shipped, as it'll be hilarious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Besides, there have been tons of 14 year old mech pilots in fictional media. Like Shinji Ikari, Rei Ayanami, Simon the Digger..... I've only watched TTGL and RoE 2.22. I'm guessing some of the Gundam characters are 14.

What's 'abbr'?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

....you just had to pick some of the most mentally fucked up characters in mecha anime and the character who got a time-skip half way through the series as examples, didn't you? :P

Pretty sure the Gundam characters are 16-18, even older, though.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Well, this is not that mecha anime. Schmucks can and will actually die during the course of the game.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this is not that mecha anime. Schmucks can and will actually die during the course of the game.
No, I'm pretty sure Evangelion's worse than this game. And Gurren Lagann is after the end. And we all know who dies there.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

*flips keyboard*

Regardless, turn incoming.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, if Ao dies, I know who I'm playing.

Quote from: Shinji Ikari
I musn't run away, I musn't run away....

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I'm pretty sure Evangelion's worse than this game. And Gurren Lagann is after the end. And we all know who dies there.
I don't know about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but Rebuild of Evangelion isn't really that bad. In 1.11, Shinji angsts a lot but none of the main characters die and by 2.22, his angst is actually at pretty ok levels. I mean sure Asuka dies but it looks like she'll be coming back to life within the next movie and sure Shinji looks like he's about to cause the third impact but there's two more movies after 2.22 so I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Just to make it perfectly clear, I have no idea what happens after 2.22, so please no spoilers.

EDIT:
Welp, if Ao dies, I know who I'm playing.

Quote from: Shinji Ikari
I musn't run away, I musn't run away....
Oh I'm sure he and Tano will get along juuuuust fine. >:)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:48:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*chuckles evilly*
Oh, so you think.....

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Besides, there have been tons of 14 year old mech pilots in fictional media. Like Shinji Ikari, Rei Ayanami, Simon the Digger..... I've only watched TTGL and RoE 2.22. I'm guessing some of the Gundam characters are 14.

Yeah, so? This is not those mecha shows. We don't have to have 14 year olds piloting mechas. Especially since they is supposedly a proper military operation.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, so? This is not those mecha shows. We don't have to have 14 year olds piloting mechas. Especially since they is supposedly a proper military operation.
A proper military operation with two super mecha, two pilots who happen to be hot-blooded badasses with one having a freaking mask and the other looking like she literally strolled out of a super mecha show, but a proper military operation. :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And they're both older than 18, and so can be proper soldiers. Having super robots in a game does not automatically make 14 year olds eligible to fight in the military.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36