Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire is not attacking me after accusing him for being night creature  (Read 1929 times)

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!
I have pretty fresh adventurer lord with some companions from his hometown. I heard rumors about vampire in neighboors, so i asked courple people for guiding me there. One of them agreed, so i hired two other persons and start hunting. My guide leaded me to castle, where i made save. When Ospram (the adventuring lord who is possesed by me) accuse Warlord Lon for being night creature, he is revealing himself, but not atacking me at all.

link to save: http://nikow.is-a.cat/region1.7z

1. Is it a bug?
2. If it is a bug, can you send raport about it?
3. Can i atack him without losing reputation?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:39:52 am by Nikow »
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire is attacking me after accusing him for being night creature
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 02:28:21 pm »

Wait, your thread title says the vampire is attacking you, but you say that he isn't, so which is it, he is attacking you or he isn't?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:38:36 pm »

Wait, your thread title says the vampire is attacking you, but you say that he isn't, so which is it, he is attacking you or he isn't?

Yes.

I'm actually surprised the vampire admitted being a vampire. Most of them don't when you accuse them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 02:46:12 pm »

I downloaded the save out of curiosity, and the lord doesn't really attack you. He spits at you (blocked by the character) and says he hates you, so you can't talk to him, but that's all. I attacked him with wrestling, not successfully, and he yielded and ran away. That did not cause any hostile reaction from the lady of the castle. Then I killed the game and repeated, only this time I tried to maul him lethally. I wasn't successful, but after I moved to the lady, she attacked me with knife, and her husband was also hostile. So you can't really attack the vampire.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 05:46:05 pm »

Toady is apparently aware of this problem, but has put off fixing it.

Quote from: Toady One
Vampires hate you when outed, but there isn't enough there to really start a fight (like everybody around them thinking of them as a monster and them understanding that they are now thought of that way, etc.). I'll have to work on that later, but it's a bit much to bite off today.

(Emphasis mine.)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 12:56:56 am »

Vampires hate you when outed, but there isn't enough there to really start a fight (like everybody around them thinking of them as a monster and them understanding that they are now thought of that way, etc.). I'll have to work on that later, but it's a bit much to bite off today.

(Emphasis mine.)

In my case vampire was so friendly that it doesn't even hate me after outing. However, since that game version in quote some things changed. There are apparently even more friendly vampires and witnesses now, but there are more hostile enemies too. I had groups of bandits with mixed reaction - some were attacking on sight, some were chatty, some were unfriendly but coward.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:32 am »

I murder them when in doubt. Deaths is what makes dwarf fortress going after all.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 05:15:50 am »

I murder them when in doubt. Deaths is what makes dwarf fortress going after all.

That's probably a good decision. I was almost killed by one bandit because I assumed he would be friendly just like all his mates. He backstabbed me.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire is not attacking me after accusing him for being night creature
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:43:15 am »

No, he is standing. Most of times. Thank you i modified topic.

(Emphasis mine.)
Thank you.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.