Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: $Items$ in rµins  (Read 1098 times)

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
$Items$ in rµins
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:10:09 am »

So, I was messing around (since the DFHack, DT, and DF releases happened to be at the same version), and I came across an empty fortress (randomly-generated), which was apparently a set of ruins. All the contained objects were marked with $$, despite nobody being around.

While I don't have the world anymore (lots of regenning), I'm wondering if it would have been safe to take those objects, or if it is a bug that they are marked as such in a set of ruins.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: $Items$ in rµins
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 04:11:33 am »

I have taken stuff like that in the past without noticing any problems. Nodwarf has accused me of being a thief anyway.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: $Items$ in rµins
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:48:18 am »

Ownership is kind of messy at the moment. It's totally safe to take the things, for the time being, at least.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.