Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics not working  (Read 2879 times)

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphics not working
« on: September 27, 2014, 04:05:31 pm »

I use perridexis errant LNP with 40.13, and I installed the graphics of the pheobus pack. Problem is, once the game launches, it reverts to the regular ASCII. I can play with ASCII, I just don't like to. I would like some help! It's only new games that do it, if I use a save that had the pheobus pack before 40.13, it works fine, but as soon as I quit and reload the world, the graphics are reset. What is going on?

Kryxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics not working
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 04:40:08 pm »

If it's in the world generation part it's the DFhack mod called TWBT.   Text Will be text.
This was updated in version 40.13_R3 of the pack from version 3.41 to 5.12.

Default for this mode is ON, which is kind of silly, if your trying to get new players to use the pack.  Because it overrides the graphics in the world gen.

You have to change the PRINT MODE in the init to TWBT_LEGACY.
Even then it's going to display the world gen screen in text on the right side.  How much?  Depends how far you zoom out.  The farther out you zoom the more it is text.   If your zoomed in quite a bit (aka 90 year old man blind mode with size 28+font), it will then split it 50/50 text/graphics.

That is if you want the multilevel view of being able to scroll out and see 5 Z levels. 

If you don't care about multilevel views, change it to 2D or STANDARD.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:41:44 pm by Kryxx »

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics not working
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 07:14:36 pm »

if I start a game will it use the graphics pack? I can live with just the embark screen using ascii.