Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: screwed graphics  (Read 838 times)

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
screwed graphics
« on: September 27, 2014, 04:19:42 pm »

I use perridexis errant LNP with 40.13, and I installed the graphics of the pheobus pack. Problem is, once the game launches, it reverts to the regular ASCII. I can play with ASCII, I just don't like to. I would like some help! It's only new games that do it, if I use a save that had the pheobus pack before 40.13, it works fine, but as soon as I quit and reload the world, the graphics are reset. What is going on?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: screwed graphics
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:53:50 pm »

It's probably an issue with the Text Will Be Text (TWBT) plug-in. It lets you use a graphics tileset combined with regular text in menus. I've noticed sometimes it reverts the whole screen to text mode (e.g. using dfhack reveal command, but it usually switches back if you move around a bit.)

Try disabling it (in dfhack.init, or if there's an option in the loader) and see if that helps.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?