Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Returning rescued prisoners to their homes  (Read 3007 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Returning rescued prisoners to their homes
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:34:12 pm »

So I've led a dozen prisoners, mostly kids, out of a pit and taken them safely to a nearby hamlet.  I've asked them all where they want me to take them and gotten a list of relative names and towns.  The hamlet I'm in is where one of these relatives lives...

...so how am I supposed to find them?  The kid's dialogue doesn't change when I'm in town, I can't seem to spread rumors of this kid's kidnapping, I can't ask for directions to the parent.  The hamlet's probably too big to search (and I don't want to introduce myself to everyone to learn their names).

Do I need to return the kid for the quest to be successful?  My Q screen agreement does just say "Bugi Hedgepeek agreed to join you to be brought safely away from Sternhorrors", which does feel pretty accomplished at this point.

(Related question:  I don't seem to know about some of the towns that others want me to take them to.  I can't find them in 'Sites' on my travel map, and I can't ask about them.  Any ideas?)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: Returning rescued prisoners to their homes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 03:31:53 am »

Did you try asking the kid about the adventure? You can do a manual cancel from there, I believe.

You know that you "won," you don't need the game to validate it for you.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 06:50:32 am »

You need to actually find the relatives. Luckily you won't need to talk to each person, as soon as the lost child sees his/her relative then they'll recognise each other a and have a heartfelt reunion. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend doing so.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 09:56:30 am »

You can ask somebody for guide. I writed small how it works. Just write in notepad some realtives names, then ask somebody for guide. When you do it, this relative will be historical figure (your guide too!), so he will be easy to find. :)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 09:09:25 pm »

So yeah, I guess I should try to do it again.

For the record, I saved a load of kids, then drowned when hiking back home <_<
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:10:39 am »

It is terrifying.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 09:58:31 am »

Karma in action.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 12:37:25 pm »

It is terrifying.
It was inevitable.

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:57 pm »

It is terrifying.
It was inevitable.

Indoors, outdoors, it's all the same if the weather is fine.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »

It is terrifying.
It was inevitable.
At least it doesn't rain down here. (Unless the water works on Spongebob logic, I guess.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 12:56:26 pm »

It is terrifying.
It was inevitable.
At least it doesn't rain down here. (Unless the water works on Spongebob logic, I guess.)
I've had someone comment that it doesn't rain...while they were standing in the rain.

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 12:06:12 pm »

You need to actually find the relatives. Luckily you won't need to talk to each person, as soon as the lost child sees his/her relative then they'll recognise each other a and have a heartfelt reunion. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend doing so.
Tried doing that; succeeded. However... The kidnapped child will not leave my party. What do?

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »

So I've led a dozen prisoners, mostly kids, out of a pit and taken them safely to a nearby hamlet.  I've asked them all where they want me to take them and gotten a list of relative names and towns.  The hamlet I'm in is where one of these relatives lives...

...so how am I supposed to find them?  The kid's dialogue doesn't change when I'm in town, I can't seem to spread rumors of this kid's kidnapping, I can't ask for directions to the parent.  The hamlet's probably too big to search (and I don't want to introduce myself to everyone to learn their names).

Do I need to return the kid for the quest to be successful?  My Q screen agreement does just say "Bugi Hedgepeek agreed to join you to be brought safely away from Sternhorrors", which does feel pretty accomplished at this point.

(Related question:  I don't seem to know about some of the towns that others want me to take them to.  I can't find them in 'Sites' on my travel map, and I can't ask about them.  Any ideas?)
Ask said prisoner about your journey together, they'll tell you where they want to go. Then once you get there just walk into random buildings and make sure the npcs actually see the child. Eventually they'll see someone they recognize and leave your party.   

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 03:54:53 pm »

I have returned two minors to their homes. But there's no difference in that and in just telling them that they are safe when somewhere in wilderness. I mean difference in quest log.

When asked they are telling were telling me names of their siblings or parents. One has a mother in completely different town than a father, so I was to decide to whom the child returns. Well, psychopathic dwarf is as good a judge as any else.

When asked about the specific family member the other inhabitants of the town will tell his or her relative location, like "try the house to the southeast", and while in the correct house they say "must be here somewhere" so I was able to find these guys quickly.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 02:26:36 am »

So yeah, now I have a pair of kids following me, siblings, and I can't even locate their home. I've been guided to that mountainhomes ("very near"), doesn't show up either on the surface or via DFHack's reveal. I see absolutely no trace of a settlement...
Pages: [1] 2