Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Modding evil zones  (Read 2237 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Modding evil zones
« on: September 28, 2014, 02:11:15 pm »

Is there some way to mod evil enviroments so that I get the dead plants, zombies/skeletons, the usual evil denizens, evil weather without having my dead dwarves rising randomly? Because except for that I prefer to play on evil enviroments.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Modding evil zones
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:20:46 pm »

Evil cloud types:0. Evil rain types:0.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »

Evil cloud types:0. Evil rain types:0.

No not the weather, I want to keep the weather. I dont want them to start walking as zombies just because they are in the evil biome like everything does regardless of the weather.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 02:35:54 pm »

Umm... Theres something regarding what class is effected, I think something like [GENERAL_CLASS_POISON] If you put that to something else, they may not be affected. I'm not 100% sure though.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 02:38:43 pm »

Umm... Theres something regarding what class is effected, I think something like [GENERAL_CLASS_POISON] If you put that to something else, they may not be affected. I'm not 100% sure though.

Yeah, but that makes all dwarves immune to poisons and all syndromes thats not what I want. I want to specifically remove the fact that things are raised for no apparent reason in evil biomes. Rain making dwarves husks is fine.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »

Then basically it's a no.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 03:04:03 pm »

Evil weather and those weekly reanimations look like they're both intertwined inside the same regional interaction. I don't think you can separate them.

Can't you just mash them re-dead with picks and clubs and hammers? Pulping was designed to specifically put an end to the eternal resurrection loop.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:16 pm »

Evil weather and those weekly reanimations look like they're both intertwined inside the same regional interaction.

That is what I wanted to know. How unfortunate.

How about removing that regional interaction then? Will the natural accuring zombies go away as well then?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:27 pm »

If you crank that to zero, the spontaneous reanimation should stop completely, yeah. Mummies and necromancers would still happily make the dead their thralls, though.

Even though evil rains and evil clouds are separate from the interactions in worldgen, it looks like you'd flush those down on the same go. Give it a shot, maybe I'm wrong.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 11:51:00 pm »

If you crank that to zero, the spontaneous reanimation should stop completely, yeah. Mummies and necromancers would still happily make the dead their thralls, though.

Even though evil rains and evil clouds are separate from the interactions in worldgen, it looks like you'd flush those down on the same go. Give it a shot, maybe I'm wrong.

No, I believe you. I have probably been down this road before and just forgotten about it.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:42:32 am »

I'm nowhere near "a modder", but what would happen if you broke this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

.. in 'interaction_disturbance'?? Would it stop undead from showing up in evil zones or would it cause crashes? :>

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 01:59:41 am »

One, those interactions are purely examples. The actual ones are coiled away inside the executable. Two, interaction_disturbance concerns the curses and undead servant-raising that mummies do when you come stomping into their tombs.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 10:47:14 am »

Yeah, but that makes all dwarves immune to poisons and all syndromes thats not what I want. I want to specifically remove the fact that things are raised for no apparent reason in evil biomes. Rain making dwarves husks is fine.

Use Ctrl-H in something like Notepad++ to change it to something else in all raws. Pretty sure that would brick necromancy, werecreatures and vampires too though.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 12:27:51 pm »

Use Ctrl-H in something like Notepad++ to change it to something else in all raws. Pretty sure that would brick necromancy, werecreatures and vampires too though.

Dont forget the syndromes from clowns and forgotten beast. Its not what I want though.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 12:20:19 am »

How about adding NOT_LIVING to dwarves?  Necromancers won't be able to animate them either, but you can add your own necromancer secret that can animate even nonliving creatures.
Pages: [1] 2