Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I allow in more players/ characters?

Yes players, yes characters (max 2 chars)
- 0 (0%)
yes players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, yes characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
(write in)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 09:42:29 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109

Author Topic: RWBY RP OOC: RIP Monty Oum (Combat Adjusted)  (Read 115661 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
RWBY RP OOC: RIP Monty Oum (Combat Adjusted)
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:37:56 pm »

RWBY RP

For those not in the know RWBY (Crunchyroll link) is the animesque web video series produced by RoosterTeeth, the fine gentlemen responsible for the RedvsBlue series.  It features, magic, impossibly cool weapons, liberal interpretations of physics and high school/ college life.

The main characters are undergoing incredibly difficult training to become monster hunters known as huntsmen and huntresses.  Each person has three primary tools to defeat the monsters known as the Grimm, their aura, their semblance and their weapon. Aura is a physical manifestation of one's soul and is used to do a number of things ranging from activating magic, to protecting oneself from harm.  One's semblance is an ability - usually hereditary and singular - that gives an advantage such as polarity, enhanced speed, kinetic energy redirection or rune generation.  Weapons on Remnant, the name of the world, are varied and usually hand crafted by their wielder, they act as a combination of bladed weapon and gun.  Ammunition for weapons usually comes in the form of Dust (RoosterTeeth link).  Additionally, some people weave dust into clothes for their weapon or infuse it into their body to give them a great deal of personal power for a period of time. 

People come in two forms, Humans and Faunus, humans are standard and are a social majority, and Faunus are 10% furries, maybe ears or a tail or some other animalistic feature.  There are 4 main kingdoms, that haven't shown any signs of actually having kings.  They are Vale, Vacuo, Mistral and Atlas.  Additionally, there are villages outside of the Kingdom's protection that are often assaulted by Grim and the death tolls are high.

Honestly if you haven't watched the series, it'll take about two to three hours to catch up.  Seriously go watch it.

I'm going to give this a placeholder d100 system for now... and Character sheet go.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PC Semblance Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

Links:
New New PC List
New PC List
PCs
TvTropes
IC
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:54:34 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY RP OOC: Character Generation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 11:55:18 pm »

((Of course I gotta do this on my DSI... welp, my own fault, character below!))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:30:28 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:11:18 am »

Still working on things but this will do for now I guess haha

By the way, here is a name place if you need help finding names relating to colors: http://www.20000-names.com/color_names.htm
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:19:31 pm by Atnegam »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 12:13:48 am »

Still working on things but this will do for now I guess haha

By the way, here is a name place if you need help finding names relating to colors: http://www.20000-names.com/color_names.htm

....I'm still trying to picture how the hell a battleaxe turns into a minigun. Th multiple barrels through it off pretty badly....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 12:16:11 am »

....I'm still trying to picture how the hell a battleaxe turns into a minigun. Th multiple barrels through it off pretty badly....
Whoooops forgot the pic

http://a.mpcdn.net/manga/p/26195/481238/19.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/coLucrF.png

First image is what my inspiration was and largely what it looks like minus a few bits (source is from "All You Need is Kill")
Second is my doodle of it that was done badly as well as the transformation for it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 12:18:14 am »

...looks more like a machine gun than a minigun. I know I'm being a little pedantic, but there IS a difference between a single barrel and multiple spinning barrels :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 12:18:49 am »

Alright cool I'll add that edit in.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:32 am »

Yeah, a minigun is more like this

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 12:21:01 am »

Yeah the general idea was that the barrels were inside said tube thingy but I can just change it to being a HMG that's held like a typical minigun, no big deal.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 12:24:32 am »

I'm not saying you couldn't make it work, but miniguns are pretty complicated pieces of machinery. Even just having the entire barrel assembly surreounded by a tube doesn't gurentee swinging it around in axe form doesn't damage something...

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:26:45 am »

Well I mean to be honest the whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the thing is made of Tungsten carbide so a)It's heavy as dicks and b)lol where is the ammo even kept xD

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 12:32:36 am »

Remember though, Ruby uses a sniper rifle/scythe without worry about bending, guns aren't made with the same material as on earth.  There is even the fact that our elements and alloys might not even be possible on Remnant.  Ammo is a different story however, perhaps flip it so that the weapon has a safety and have it like professor Port's blunderaxe, only one of the blades is removable and you can use that opening for your ammunition

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 12:37:39 am »

Remember though, Ruby uses a sniper rifle/scythe without worry about bending, guns aren't made with the same material as on earth.  There is even the fact that our elements and alloys might not even be possible on Remnant.  Ammo is a different story however, perhaps flip it so that the weapon has a safety and have it like professor Port's blunderaxe, only one of the blades is removable and you can use that opening for your ammunition
Even still, I feel it looks and sounds cooler to say its made of tungsten carbide rather than saying its just heavy haha.
And maybe on that idea. I sorta like the sliding mechanism it has but honestly considering how we've seen Ruby load her weapon I think only in her trailer iirc and then you rarely if ever see anyone reload their weapon (unless I'm remembering wrong and need to rewatch everything which I'd be fine with haha) I don't think I really need to worry too much about ammo haha.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 12:39:07 am »

Reserved

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 12:41:18 am »

The only other time I've seen her reload was in the Giant Nevermore fight when all 4 girls are shooting at it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109