Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible to restore good standing with a civilization?  (Read 894 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Possible to restore good standing with a civilization?
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:16 am »

Is it possible to get back to being a member of a civilization after becoming an enemy? I was a hearthperson in three cities and a member of a couple of groups/civs, and then I become enemy after becoming a vampire.

One day I witnessed a battle between a vampire hammerlord I've been hunting and a historical cougar recruit I've been hunting, soon a group of bandit goblins joined, all this in a human city. I killed the cougar and followed the vampire who ran away. He later came back and was stalking villagers, but not attacking, so I wanted to talk to him.

There was a bug with talking, where I was given the talking options of both parties (me, me as the other vampire, me, me as the other vampire and so on). I accused him of being a night creature, and the only answer was to admit being a night creature. It seems the game considers that this is my character who admitted to be a night creature, and I was immediately thrown out of all groups/civs and became an enemy to them. I cannot fast travel when near the cities, so it's annoying. Plus some of humans accuse me of being a murderer. Any way to force them to forget about that little misunderstanding?

After that talk I managed to ally with the other vampire temporarily and terminate the goblin bandits together, it probably didn't help, also I was a witness to apparent loyalty cascade in one human family, which left three humans dead. But I'm sure the moment of becoming an enemy was that conversation option.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to restore good standing with a civilization?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:26:28 pm »

I think that during worldgen, vampires can remain in civilization after they are discovered if they are powerful enough.  That is, if they are civ leaders and are strong enough to resist an uprising.

So, I'd say try taking over / laying claim to the capital and retiring there.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to restore good standing with a civilization?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:31:19 pm »

I'm afraid I can create a one-dwarf group that way, but I'm going to give it a try anyway, once I've found the biggest castle in the civ.