Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  (Read 516 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:45:00 am »

What is wrong with this creature?

I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Body

Errorlog shows all body parts to have no tissue thickness.

Everything else should be vanilla.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:44 am »

Two things - first, you apply two different bodies, once at the start, and once in the castes (and that has a typo it seems - HUNTERa rather than HUNTERA). Second, the bodies in the castes receive no tissues because they are defined after tissues have been applied to the body parts - that's the VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS body plan. Move the caste definitions up to where the first body definition is, and put the caste body definitions in there.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:42 am »

The creature now looks like this, and most of the errors are gone now. However, I'm still getting "HUNTER:ALPHA FEMALE:thumb, right hand, layer 1: Tissue NAIL was not found, using first tissue instead" messages for all fingers.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:33:19 am »

Move [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE] before [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT], and add [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE] after the USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE. That should do it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 08:33:37 am »

Yeah, that's another pitfall - NAIL isn't part of the standard materials and tissues. Blame Toady.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 08:40:15 am »

Well, that cleared out the errors. Now I just need to make the attacks not be terribly weak (is that a contact area issue, or a weakness in the nail tissue?), and toughen the beast up a fair bit.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 10:49:19 am »

Well, that cleared out the errors. Now I just need to make the attacks not be terribly weak (is that a contact area issue, or a weakness in the nail tissue?), and toughen the beast up a fair bit.

[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:X] is probably the easiest way to change the deadliness of a creature's natural attack.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".