Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aspects of the Eldar - Reboot! (OOC)  (Read 1564 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Aspects of the Eldar - Reboot! (OOC)
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:19:13 am »

All rights reserved, things belong to people, all IP's and Trademarks are Games Workshop Property, not for profit, blah blah don't sue me.
REBOOTED, SIMPLIFIED, GLORIOUS 7th EDITION

IT IS THE 41st millennium. for more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

YET EVEN IN his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the demon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies gave battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless Planetary Defense Forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

TO BE A man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

'Life is to us as the Maze of Illinan was to Ulthanesh. Its mysterious corridors leading to wondrous vistas and nightmarish encounters in equal measure.
Each of us must walk the maze alone, treading in the footsteps of those who came before but also forging new routes through the labyrinth of existence.
In times past we were drawn to the darkest secrets and ran wild about the maze, seeking to experience all that it had to offer.
As individuals and as a civilization we lost our way and in doing so created the means for our doom; unfettered exploration leading to the darkness of the Fall.
In the emptiness that followed, a new way was revealed to us: the Path.
Through the wisdom of the Path we spend our lives exploring the meaning of existence, moving from one part of the maze to another with discipline and guidance so that we never become lost again.
On the Path we experience the full potential of love and hate, joy and woe, lust and purity, filling our lives with experience and fulfillment but never succumbing to the shadows that lurk within our thoughts.
But like all journeys, the path is different for each of us.
Some wander for a long while in one place: some spread their travels wide and visit many places for a short time while others remain for a long time to explore every nook and turn;
some of us lose our way and leave the Path for a time or forever;
and some of us find dead-ends and become trapped.'
- Kysaduras the Anchorite,
foreword to Introspections upon Perfection

Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aspect Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aspects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats and Levelling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Generation (click to show/hide)

I'll add a seperate IC thread when the game gets off the ground
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:56:49 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aspects of the Eldar
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:21:46 am »

Reserved
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:22:07 am »

Reserved

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 10:43:44 am »

De'ras of the Warlock aspect.
40k is always fun.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 05:39:54 pm »

Name: Kaedros D'elan
Aspect: Warp Spiders
Short Backstory: A young Eldar of Craftworld Ulthwé with parents focused on non-warrior paths, he has fought once as a Guardian during the Kaurava conflict. There he saw first-hand the foolishness and short-sightedness of the mon-keigh and the other races, who refused to notice the danger posed by a race as ancient and powerful as the necrons. Like every other good elfdar, the fact the members of his own species usually have their heads stuck too far up their own asses to cooperate effectively with others without wanton backstabbing (the whole "kill a world of mon-keigh to save a single Eldar's life" being an example of the problem) has mostly evaded his notice! His own inability to notice his race's shortcomings aside, it was there that he was infatuated by the swift blades and deadly monofilament storms of the aspect warriors of the warp spiders. Wishing to become graceful and powerful like those mighty warriors, he joined their Aspect.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:41:25 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

blazing glory

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 06:38:22 pm »

Name: Kaelyth.
Aspect: Striking Scorpions

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 06:39:21 pm »

Might join later. For now, PTW.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »

Sounds fun. Sadly though, the Eldar are the one I know the least about. Heck, I know a little more about their dark brethren than them. Anyway, here's mine.

Name: Talrendil
Aspect: Dire Avengers
Background: Talrendil is an Eldar hailing from the Craftworld Il-Kaithe, he had participated in several battles against the ruinous force. Notably, some of the battles had them allying with mankind and at one battle, they fought together with the Dark Eldar. While Talrendil believed in the focus of his Craftworld, he believed that some were too overzealous, a few readily sacrificing themselves if they believe it would bring the slight hope of victory in their battle against the forces of the Great Enemy. Even so, he found their cause and their bravery noble and so Talrendil himself wished to gain strength, hoping to one day contribute greatly in their continuous fight for survival.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:59:18 pm by Crimson »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:16 pm »

Name: Ulthran
Aspect: Warlock
Short Backstory: A former Exodite, fed up with life on a planet and thus returned to the Craftworld, Ulthran has only been reluctantly accepted upon (i guess we are Craftworld Ulthwe) Ulthwe as a fellow Eldar. His latent Psychic Powers, which would paint him even more an outcast among humans, has been taken in stride among the Craftworlders along with his many other oddities and his strange Exodite manners.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:12:22 pm by Ghazkull »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 08:13:30 pm »

Name: Oresys
Aspect: Howling Banshee

Don't know a lot about the Eldar, so I can't think of a back story.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:02:51 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 09:41:07 pm »

Name: Laenel
Aspect: Dark Reaper
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 12:11:46 pm »

cough cough

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 09:31:19 am »

Just finished the books I was using to get a bit more background info on the Eldar.
Next step, trying to point-balance the different aspects in order to make it a 'fair' RPG.

Yes, I jumped the gun a bit when I made this, but hey.