Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: <Taskforce> Desperate Times for the T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E.  (Read 17258 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Syndicate Spin-Off Mission-Based RTD
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 01:07:15 pm »

Maybe we should start without two people? At worst we could lob them in mid-mission.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 02:59:20 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 07:38:41 pm »

Holyyyy shiiit. I remember joining the first game, and I ended up forgetting all about it. Now you have two sequels. Well played. If you will have me, I will be in!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

Yay. Six.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 04:01:14 pm »

Woo, we have enough.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »

Yeah, let me just make sure my other games are up to date, then I'll get back to this.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 01:43:16 pm »

As I only see six, and because this sounds awesome, here is a application.
Feel free to turn it down burn it with fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:04:00 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 01:56:12 pm »

I think "Combat" is just too universal. Maybe more like specialized, like pistol using or something? In the end, it all depends on TCM, so if he's okay with it, so am I.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »

Edited then.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »

Bump.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 07:41:54 pm »

Looks good.

It might be a couple more days before I finish updating my three or so other games on hold, but I'll try and get a Pre-Game Turn set up so you guys can start gearing up for the mission and introducing yourselves to each other before it starts.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 07:52:43 pm »

Yay, it lives!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

Oh shit, I gotta fix it... The last occupation should be different...
Highly Opinionated Fool

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Syndicate Spin-Off Mission-Based RTD: Mission Prep
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 01:53:29 am »

Mission Prep

On the outskirts of Innsbrook, Ohio, a decayed industrial town of about 3,000 citizens, stood a brick two-story building that once served as the storage for a nearby factory that had since long closed. Now the building was empty, which means it was easy to occupy by the nine individuals who had all arrived by various means; some flew, some bused, some were close enough to bike or walk, one particular individual swam through a nearby lake to get here. Regardless of their transportation, they had come for the same reason. They stood for a few minutes in an awkward, heavy silence in a barren room that once contained mountains of machine goods, now empty save for a single Transceiver in the center of the room, and a single large wooden crate beneath it. After what seemed like hours, the Transceiver picked up a signal:

"...-esting. Testing. Can you guys here me? Good. I'm sure you've all heard that this is where the first mission of the Syndicate Taskforce will be stationed. Please check to make sure that if someone has come here for some other purpose, they are to be shot immediately. Just kidding, but really, this has to stay quiet. No sense in being an Elite Secret Taskforce if everyone knows where to find you. Now, a lot of us back home in England are still debating whether this Taskforce is a good idea or not, so it's up to you lot to prove it. My name is Trent, I'll be your Operator for your first mission.

Since this is assignment number one, we went with something straightforward that you all should be able to handle, in theory anyways. You've come to Innsbrook because one of our associates in Ohio has run into problems with a local family gang, a set of inbreds meth dealers locally referred to as the Hamper Brothers, that being their last name. Their meth trade is disrupting business with our associate, who has lost a lot of money and contacts due to the Hamper's interference, not to mention fighting which has killed off several of our associate's best bodyguards.

The Hamper Brothers all hang around at their base of operation, a farm a couple miles east of town, I believe one of you has been supplied with a map for directions and you'll find additional maps in the Supply Crate. The farm has three fields, a two-story house with a basement (where we suspect their meth is being made), a shed and a barn. There's a hill overlooking the whole place from the Northwest. We suspect there to be between 18 and 25 Brothers there total, all of them real hicks, it doesn't seem like a single one finished High School. They seem to spend all day either fucking around inside and around the base, or working on their product and distributing it through a few pick-up trucks they keep on sight, so intelligence we've received suggests that big paying customers will sometimes come directly to the farm. There's no strict hierarchy, but two brothers are of particular notice, Billy-Carl and Samuel, the former handling most of the business when customers come and go, the latter appears to be keeping the whole place going, making sure everyone is at their proper stations and prepared for trouble. Billy-Carl has long, dirty-blonde hair and an elongated jaw, while Samuel is often seen with a jacket sporting skeletons and the Confederate flag on both sides. Each Brother is carrying a Handgun or Machine Pistol, we've got some pictures of a few of them carrying Shotguns and the occasional Hunting Rifle or Assault Rifle.

Your task will be to destroy their meth operation, whether this means destroying their meth lab equipment, burning the farm down or killing them off is up to you all, though we'd like to see the least amount of causalities and collateral on our side as possible. You can check the crate for the equipment we've been able to supply you, anything else you'll have to get on your own. There's barely any police in Innsbrook, so they're way to scared to take on the Hampers alone. Still, they wouldn't mind seeing a the methheads getting blasted, so they probably won't intervene even if there's a huge firefight going down. Still, try not to get you and your teammates killed.

Any questions?"

Supply Crate Contents:

$500: Mission Allowance.

Handguns x5: Your standard pistol.
Snub-Nose Revolver x2: Less power than a regular handgun, but easier to conceal and less recoil.
Machine Pistol x2: Concealable and automatic, but be careful with the recoil.

Shotgun x3: Standard double-barrel, feel free to saw them off if you want.

Sub-machine Gun x2: The ultimate standard gun for pure rate of fire.

Assault Rifle x2: A modernized version of the M16 Rifle.

Bolt-Action Rifle: Semi-automatic and quite accurate from a distance with iron sights, even mores o with a scope.

Crowbar: Effective prying tool, also a handy makeshift weapon.
Claw Hammer: Tool, used as a powerful weapon but with very short effective range.
Wooden Baseball Bat x2: Useful for smashing breakable objects or skull.

Set of Overalls w/Hat x3: For anyone that wants to attempt a non-combatic, more diplomatic or stealthy route at any point.

Binoculars x2: For espionage and scouting.

Gasoline Container: For vehicles, though you all will probably use it for something else.

Spoiler: T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:36:18 am by TCM »

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Syndicate Spin-Off Mission-Based RTD: Mission Prep
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 02:04:05 am »

"Let's kill these methheads."
Ross grabs the claw hammer and a revolver.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13