Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: The Natural History Museum Challenge (40.24) - Old thread  (Read 16412 times)

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
Re: The (New and Improved!) Natural History Museum -Adv succession-
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 06:28:22 pm »

Aaand Done! Edit away, and do take note of my comments on the side.

Would you like to add each type of workshop and furnace to the list, or shall we keep this monumental task at its current length?

... Eh, Why not.

Edit: And DONE!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:51:55 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 08:14:36 pm »

Would you like to add each type of workshop and furnace to the list, or shall we keep this monumental task at its current length?

... Eh, Why not.

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep a pristine copy of this list on a thumb drive somewhere - this is quite an accomplishment!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »

... Eh, Why not.

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep a pristine copy of this list on a thumb drive somewhere - this is quite an accomplishment!
Whos turn to do what?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »

Checking the OP, Chaosfiend has another two days to play his turn, and then it's ptb_ptb. Might as well put me on the end of the list too.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 11:47:48 pm »

Checking the OP, Chaosfiend has another two days to play his turn, and then it's ptb_ptb. Might as well put me on the end of the list too.

I've been working on the 3-d model of the Museum from the original save - it's been an "interesting" experience translating dwarf fortress into something resembling 3-d...

Paaaad - you're added.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 12:39:29 pm »

Bleagh, sorry for my lack of postings. I've been so busy as of late with writing essays for college its consumed most of my past week (Don't leave due dates till last week kids!) Havent mustered up the energy to Dorf. If I can't get around to it by tonight, I'll post my save after the adventure run anyways, and someone else can take my 'seasons' for the time being if they wish

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 04:03:12 pm »

That sucks, chaosfiend.  What doesn't suck, however, is that I've put a little something in the 3d fortress space in the OP, go check it out!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:56 pm »

I've put a little something in the 3d fortress space in the OP, go check it out!

That's cool! What did you use to make that? (Translation: I'm too lazy to re-read earlier posts)
()==[:::::::::::::>

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2014, 04:34:59 pm »

A freeware program named Sketchup Make (it's the same program they've been using to create the 3d buildings in Google Earth...)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 01:46:13 am »

Blargh, been too busy, so here is the saves. I retired nearby. Someone can take my banked seasons if they wish, or divvy them between other players, whatever you wish.

Guild of Adventuring

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 08:36:18 am »

Able Bouldertyphoon

5th Limestone, 53

Totally forgot about bogeymen until late at night. Amazingly survived after running back to fortress.

7th Limestone, 53

Found a 'Crundle Recruit' on the surface. Recruited by who, for what? I have no idea, but stick a spear in it anyway. Hopefully this will not have awkward consequences later. I take the corpse back to the fortress. Apparently he was called Taxasmsmabek (Emeraldcatch).

"And that was the last entry in the journal we found" notes the curator, continuing, "seeing as we found his body and the journal washed up alongside that of the crundle and other specimens I think we need to remind our collectors that they should not stand on the hatch while pulling the lever."

======

Oops!  Actually I didn't stand on the hatch - I was curious as to what was down there, so I climbed down and found that it's a lot harder to get back than it is to fall in. :P I'm claiming two specimens: One crundle, one male dwarf idiot. :P I'll continue my turn with another adventurer if I may.

[PLOT TWIST] I just realized that I had accidentally climbed down the well not the hatch hole. Spoiling the joke somewhat. Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:17:12 am by ptb_ptb »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »

Cerol Esdordeler

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

21st Limestone, 53

Explored the museum until I found where the stuff from dumped from above ends up.

Items here so far:

Dingo mangled skeleton
oat leaf
blueberry leaf
blueberry
larch needle
crab mangled chitin
albatross skull
albatross skeleton
blue peacock skeleton
blue peahen skeleton
rattlesnake skull
Taxasmsmabek's mangled skeleton (crundle)

22nd Limestone, 53

I am ambushed by a giant bat recruit (Neromslol or "Mobdeclined" apparently). I prove a match for her, and deliver her corpse to the fortress. There is a sign in
paint still wet, "Do NOT stand on hatch!". I take note.

23rd Limestone, 53

I visit 'Paintdance' and wander around a bit. Stayed the night there. I've been doing a lot of exercise recently, I fancy it's been good for me.

I recruit a swordsdwarf who seemed to be bored with hanging around some farmers. I decide to teach him to swim. Getting him to get in the river is tricky, but a brisk shove to his back does the job. Within a short while he has mastered the ability to tread water in one place without drowning.
Unfortunately this proves to be his limit.

While walking (and swiming) along the river I encounter a hippo. It's too heavy to carry the whole thing back, but I figure a skull will probably do. When I get
back to the fortress there are three tents nearby with sleeping dwarven soldiers inside. I'm not sure what all that is about.

I feel in fine shape when I get there. I think all the swimming I do helps keep me supple.

25th Limestone, 53

Encounter several river otters. Decide to take one back to the fortress. Its head falls off, but I figure a few stitches will sort that out OK. On the way back I
am ambushed by a giant bat recruit. Who is recruiting all these critters? I guess they must be from the elves. My 'companion' decides to run away. D: I get knocked over a few times by its wings, but manage to finish it off without getting hurt.

Find a platypus and return it a while later. Then a stingray.

26th Limestone, 53

I visit a fortress, it turns out to be Inkcalmed! The one that the elf army is marching on (apparently). That explains the camps of refugees outside.

28th Limestone, 53

I look for the 'elf army' travelling to the fortress (or 'forest retreat') it is supposed to have come from. Nobody seems to be home. It's not entirely a wasted trip, though. I feel less clumsy, I think travel agrees with me.

I drop off a carp. Nobody's bothered with that one yet, have they? Oh, and after that bit of carp combat I feel I'm getting more suited for fighting.

I decide that I should not push my luck any further, and retire to the Sazirerib (Bridgegorges) far from the museum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:08:44 pm by ptb_ptb »

Tavern

• Bay Watcher
  • Adventure Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

I'd like to hop on the list for this too, if I can :D

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 07:19:48 am »

15th Sandstone, 53, Mid-Autumn

Plans:
1. Make mechanisms.
2. Make obsidian.
3. Prepare for trade.
4. Murder stray merchants?
--- Make wooden training spears
5. Make hospital

Winter arrives.

1st Moonstone, 53, Early Winter

Done:
1. Make mechanisms.
2. Prepare for trade (partly)
3. Make hospital (partly)
4. Make wooden training spears

Plans:
1. Make obsidian.
2. Murder stray merchants?
--- Train speardwarves
3. Sort out farming.

24th Opal, 53, Mid-Winter

An illegal militia is found
It is disbanded, and the offending dwarves questioned. Uzol Momuzostath states, "It weren't my fault. That Stukos gal was hopeless, wouldn't do a damn thing. An' technically, you know, she's not allowed a military squad either by the founding members' charter."

An investigation is carried out. The findings are as follows: Two artifacts have been made in Domas Cenath.

The basalt hatch Gemeshemal "Conflictsensed" made by Erib Veilrampart (deceased)
The leather backpack Oshar Rimtar "The Web of Castles" made by Zefon Mansionbastions (missing)

There are no living dwarves currently in The Guild of Adventuring with the qualifications to be made professor.

When questioned Stukos Imushebelal stated, "Well, I'm not a leader of a military squad, I'm captain of the guard. That's quite different. I don't have anydwarf working for me anyway."

Uzol Momuzostath is demoted to refuse hauling, the misguided dwarves who had been training to use spears under her are given a warning and disbanded.

Apparently at some point the sole pick was dropped in lava and melted when the volcano overflowed a little.

15th Granite, 54 Early Spring

Begin to improve student housing.

2nd Felsite, 54 Late Spring
Shorast Atistogum has a strange mood.
Claims carpenter's workshop.
Apart from wood he needs metal and rough gems. We have none! We also have no pick. A few dwarves have steel or bismuth bronze axes. They are melted down as soon as a smelter can be built. Shorast grabs a steel bar! He still needs rough gems. There are only 3 gems, all neatly cut. :/ The only hope of success is if we have enough metal to melt down and make a pick. We forge a bismuth bronze pick, but will we be in time? We have a miner!

Summer arrives.

1st Hematite, 54 Early Summer

5th Hematite, 54

Pinfire Opal found! We can only hope this will be enough... it is! Shorast Atistogum has created Odshithkudust, a willow grate!

The prince of clams indeed. ;)

Shorast Atistogum is named Professor of Dendrology and his group of students will be known as 'Sprightly Saplings'.

21st Hematite, 54 Early Summer

My sole miner broke into a large cavern underground. The hole was promptly paved

over with stone.

9th Malachite, 54 Mid-Summer

When titans attack!

... they will be punched to death by an outpost liaison.

22nd Galena, 54 Late Summer

Uzol Momuzostath taken by fey mood!
Claims leather works.
Begins construction.
Finishes!

Autumn arrives.

1st Limestone, 54 Early Autumn
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:36:28 am by ptb_ptb »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12