Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Natural History Museum Challenge (40.24) - Old thread  (Read 16427 times)

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The (New and Improved!) Natural History Museum -Adv succession-
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:20 am »

Save Downloaded. Will start soon.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »

Bizarre of bizarreness.

The Journal Of Fath Dawnrelic

13 of Limestone, 57

Why the hell did I awake in a magma pool?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well onto a new adeventuerer.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:23 pm »

Why is there a door?  Im imagining Portal right now, where the computer assures you that the portal gun will survive the fire . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2014, 01:12:12 pm »

I tried to get to the door. but novice swimming skills where not enough. posted a bug report on this Adventurer Mode start.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8452

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2014, 01:32:29 pm »

The fortress' name is "Earthscalded". Oh the irony...  worshipper of the God of Sacrifice... <wipes tears of laughter from eyes> this is too perfect! 

I'm imagining Portal right now, where the computer assures you that the portal gun will survive the fire . . .
  I know, right?

Wait... this might be the Dwarf Fortress equivalent of "nanofiction":

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:53:09 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2014, 03:35:45 pm »

Bizarre of bizarreness.

13 of Limestone, 57

Well that was fast. :o :P
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »

Bizarre of bizarreness.

13 of Limestone, 57

Well that was fast. :o :P

Fortunately, the game's not focused on individuals, but on the goal.  If someone wishes to make and retire whole phalanxes of adventurers during their turn, so long as it supports the goal of getting new submissions to the Museum, then it's entirely within the scope of the game.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2014, 04:22:22 pm »

DF-players worldwide have been treating their nobles to magma baths like this for ages. Lock a noble in his room, (hence the door) then open up the magma hatch above. It took surprisingly long for the DF-AI to realize this and take revenge.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:28:15 pm by Bralbaard »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2014, 06:10:08 am »

Journal of Fath Gatesword

27th of Limestone, 57

Well  I don't remember what I am off to do. The local bowyer tells me to seek and kill a forest titan by the name of Apeheather the Oak of Clams. I think I'll pass. Then I remember something about a museum on the other side of the world which pays handsomely for samples they don't have. I think that is what I am off to do... So I leave the Hilllock known as Goldenpuce. I traveled west to the fortress of Bronzerim. greeted by a hammerdwarf there.  It has walls of beautiful cobaltite. They are busy here in what appears to trading with elves. Found a reacher(female) and giant toad(male) in the cavern just of the road. I strangled both to death. I then leave the fortress and proceed south I swim to the next island where I find a male Osprey which I strangle to death. Well I have three corpses and some plant specimens. It is night I should sleep.

1st of Sandstone, 57

Managed to sleep a couple of nights on the shore here. I stop and drink some water from a river by the hillock Ghostpaged before continuing on. I stopped at the fortress Polishedmines. Number of corpses here. Nice microcline walls. I take a nap there. then head to the Glorious mountains and sleep there.

2nd of Sandstone, 57

I come across a male wombat which I strangled to death, at the cost of my lower front teeth. Stopped in the hillock of Reinboots. I then went to The Pristine Bulwark outside the hamlet of Shieldcarnal. picked up a spare waterskin, a +bronze pick+,  rope reed thread. I spend the night in the hamlet of Championflowers.

3rd of Sandstone, 57

Swam to anther island today. Upon reaching the shore, I came upon a group of sea otters. Strangled to death a male and female. Slept in a house in the hamlet of Chaosdashed.

4rth of Sandstone, 57

I came across a female wombat. Which I strangled and kept corpse. Pairs nicely withe the male corpse I already have. Seen lots of Keas today. Made it to the hamlet of Savedhollow. The keep here is known as The Admiration of Heads. A little disturbing will keep my wits about me here. I pick up llama wool, alpaca wool, and sheep wool yarn here. Every time I stop in some place of civilization they want me to kill something or other.... Ambushed by a pack of dingoes, dispatched four. Traveled back to Savedhollow to spend the night.

5th of Sandstone, 57

Tried to strangle several giant crows today but they got away.  Slept in the hamlet of Oilfortunes.

6th of Sandstone, 57

Swam south to next land mass. Killed a male and female raven, a female sturgeon, in The Abated Forests. Slept on the ocean shore.

7th of Sandstone, 57

Awoke to a female sea lamprey air drowning. Nice a specimen free of work. killed a male sturgeon in The Strapping Barb. Slept in the mountains.

8th of Sandstone, 57

Came upon a female king snake but accidentally chopped off its head so I butchered it for food. killed a male longnose gar in the Strapping Barb. Swam through the night.

9th of Sandstone, 57

Made it to the coast at dawn. Killed a female giant koala, a male giant crow in the Jungle of Enchantments. Slept on the ocean shore.

10th of Sandstone, 57

Killed a female king snake without severing it into multiple pieces. Swam to another landmass. then slept on shore.

11th of Sandstone, 57

Awoke in the night to a male hammerhead shark air drowning. My clothes are starting to wear out. Wonder if it is from all the swimming and sleeping outside.  Picked lots of leaves today. Spent another night on the shore.

12th of Sandstone, 57

Another night where I awake to air drowning, this time a male Bull shark. Picked up the specimen then went back to sleep. Really thirsty need to find some non salt water to drink. Found a brook and stocked up on fresh water. Swam south again today. Then slept on the shore.

13th of Sandstone, 57

Once again awoken in the night to the sounds of air drowning, this time a female Longfin Mako Shark. Killed a male and female jaguar, male and female sparrow, male and female leopard, and a male masked lovebird in the forest retreat of Desertbowed. Went and slept on the ocean shore.

14th of Sandstone, 57

Slept the night through. Failed to get a giant parakeet. Off to next landmass. Tis night by the time I reach the other side to the shore, another night listening to the ocean.

15th of Sandstone, 57

I awake on the shore at dawn, wander down the beach looking for a way up that doesn't involve climbing. I come upon a giant male wolverine by a natural ramp way going up. Failed to catch it. It scampered off. Traveled south than east into mountains where I will spend the night.

16th of Sandstone, 57

Didn't sleep well in the mountains, woke up a few times in the night. Continuing east today. Reached the ocean again, I swim east and camp on the opposite shore. well into night when I reach it.

17th of Sandstone, 57

Wake up still tired, I travel east. Camp on the shore again.

18th of Sandstone, 57

I awake and prepare to swim east. I am tired all the time. East must push east. Another shore to sleep on. So tired.

19th of Sandstone, 57

I awake once more in wet sand. I am still tired. But it is time to swim. On I must go. to the east..... I make it to the next shore I call it an early night I need the rest.

20th of Sandstone, 57

I awake in the middle of the night to a female tiger shark air drowning. eat the last of my spinach and go back to bed. I awake, I am out of fresh water again. Found a stream, restocked on fresh water. Crossed the Island and then called it a night on the shore.

21st of Sandstone, 57

An uneventful night. Swam east again. I reach to opposite shore the same morning, only to find cliffs. Scouted north a bit but find nothing but more cliffs. Tried climbing a few times but kept falling back down. Will try south I guess... Called it a night on the same shore. will try and walk around the cliffs.

22nd of Sandstone, 57

Drank the last of my fresh water this morning. Killed a crab for food today. and continued my search for a way past the cliffs with no luck. I fear I may end up dead from dehydration, if my luck does not improve. another night on the shore.

23rd of Sandstone, 57

As I continue south along the shore looking for a break in the cliffs. the basalt pebbles give way to black sand. pushing south into the night.

24rth of Sandstone, 57

Not sleeping lest I not wake up. need fresh water badly. Another and no water. Push on into the night.

25th of Sandstone, 57

Death is coming...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:12:11 am by Plancky »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2014, 06:12:23 am »

Planky, killing things in a particularly bloody fashion will leave a pool of blood, which can be used to scoop into waterskins and quivers and bags.  And to drink on the spot.  Ripping open a neck repeatedly should work.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »

Well Fath Gatesword ended up drowning in a salt water pool he fell into and kept falling back into while trying to get out. All while being dehydrated and V.Drowsy. Despite beng a legendary swimmer.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2014, 11:11:35 am »

I'm sure his beautiful collection of specimens will keep until someone else can find his water-bloated corpse and rescue them.  As it is written: "Third time's the charm!"

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 01:44:17 pm »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »

Submitted by Atis drownedwalls

leaves:

Thread:

seeds:

fruit:

flowers:

plants:

corpes:

27th of Timber, 57

Praise to Akim! Surely with my submissions to the natural history museum completed my name shall go down in the annals of greatness. Now to find a nice place to revel in my greatness.

Atis is now retired in the hillock of Raptorwires.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:32:55 pm by Plancky »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »

PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12