Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tired Vampire  (Read 3932 times)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
Tired Vampire
« on: October 01, 2014, 06:32:26 am »

Hey, I've got this vampire who worked up a sweat in combat practise, and now he's out of the militia, isolated from the rest of the fortress as a normal worker. He's still tired, though, and has been for months.

Is this is permanent side effect of being low on blood? He will do some work, but not, it seems, anything strenuous, like digging or pump operating. He's engraving (slowly), building things, and managing and bookkeeping fine though.

I've noticed similar uncooperative refusal to work from another vampire before, but that one was a legendary warrior, so I put it down to that.

Is there any way I can make him not tired?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Tired Vampire
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:14:06 am »

Vampire dwarfs are still dwarfs leeching for booze, just that a vampire cannot drink booze anymore obviously.
And Dorfs have the bad habit of getting slower with worse booze deprivation.
At least so i have heard. If you think its the blood feed.... give him a roommate to play with.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:17:32 am »

Let him rest.
DF Hack could knock him out for a bit.
Tired is over-exertion, which should fix itself.  Maybe if you saved, modded in [noexert] to swarves, and then reload, clicked a tick and saved and deleted it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:39:51 am »

I don't use DFHack. Vanilla + Dwarf Therapist, anything else is cheating.

I'm thinking about about dropping chicks into his enclosure as well and having him build his own danger room to hurt the chicks, so that they fall unconscious and he can feed on them.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:36 am »

Wait, vamps will eat unconscious animals?  Since when?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:47:30 am »

Why wouldn't they? Adv. Vamps can feed of unconscious animals.
But .... It's so small!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 08:04:30 am »

It's not properly modelled, or else people wouldn't dread having vampires show up. I honestly wish blood barrels were used to keep them in line.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:13:44 am »

I thought they'd go for conscious tame animals in dwarf mode.  No?

I had a Adventure mode vampire who started tired because he converted to vamp during a fight.  Was stuck that way until I waited or fast travelled or something, then never got tired again.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 08:14:31 am »

I thought they'd go for conscious tame animals in dwarf mode.  No?

I had a Adventure mode vampire who started tired because he converted to vamp during a fight.  Was stuck that way until I waited or fast travelled or something, then never got tired again.
I dont know, I make a habit of isolating or nuking most night creatures
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Tired Vampirel
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:19 am »

Nope. They'll only go after your dwarves, or else they wouldn't be hard to manage at all.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 10:24:55 am »

huh.  this says they'll do it if you manage to make the animal fall asleep.  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Vampire#Habits

cave-in might be an option.  Do cave spider bites still cause a KO syndrome?  Do they bite animals?

Or just let it be thirsty.  The Thirst shouldn't be causing the Tired.  If you put it to work, it is still a perpetual motion machine even if it is thirsty and Tired.  Though the Tired thing must be a bug.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 06:28:21 am »

Well, my vampire got out and drained a few dorfs dry and it didn't get rid of his tired status, I reckon it might be a bug. I've filed it as such, couldn't find any duplicates.
But .... It's so small!

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 08:54:23 am »

Edit: I see you have allready reported this :)

It looks like they still need alcohol, but never will drink it.

Please upload your game to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and link to it in this bug report: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5189&nbn=9#bugnotes

edit: I linked to this thread on the mantis, not sure if a savegame is really needed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:19:36 am by Kirkegaard »

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 03:31:12 pm »

It doesn't seem booze related to me. My vamp hasn't had alcohol in a while an it shows on the z-menu, but lack of booze doesn't cause the Tired status effect.
But .... It's so small!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 04:29:31 pm »

As I mentioned in the bug report itself, I actually had a case of this in 34.11 when the vampire that I had doing military training got tired and wouldn't come out of it. That dwarf also had some healthcare glitches going on which were unrelated though.
Pages: [1] 2