Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - D&D 3.5 [5/5] OOC Thread - It's dead, Jim!  (Read 72975 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - D&D 3.5 [5/5] OOC Thread
« Reply #825 on: July 02, 2015, 10:39:41 pm »

That's fair enough, that gives me plenty of time to roll the sheet up and such.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 04, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

Happy Fourth to all of my fellow 'Muricans, and a happy random day in summer to all you dirty foreigners :P

I'll have an update up either today or tomorrow, depending on if I get some time to write it up amidst the celebrations tonight.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 05, 2015, 06:35:37 am »

"The Lords are evil and behind everything!"
"Well, actually, they kinda hired us."

Flawless recruitment.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 07, 2015, 12:17:29 am »

My apologies for being absent for so long. I was having personal troubles. Still am honestly but I'm back and will try to remain... back? You know what I mean... Anyways yeah.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 07, 2015, 06:00:44 am »

Speaking of which, it would seem Lawas has fallen out of contact; I've sent him a PM, but with no reply. I'll give him until Friday to respond; however, it seems unlikely. Solymr, being the next on the waitlist, would be replacing him should he not rejoin.

As for half-dragons...I'll tentatively allow it, Taricus, if Solymr can't or doesn't want to join anymore, but two things of note: I do reserve the right to nerf your breath attack if needed, and seeing as the level-adjustment is three, you will only be able to play LA 0 races (So humans, elves, etc.) and you will not receive a class until you level up again.

EDIT: Also, it seems I've come down with some severe illness. Despite what you might think, that will probably translate to more updates, seeing as climbing down the stairs to get out of my room is probably a risky endeavor when I can hardly stand up properly.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 06:02:54 am by flame99 »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16:08 am »

I'm still here but I'm going on vacation tomorrow and internet access is not ensured so if Taricus can join right now I'll give my spot to him.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:33 am »

Problem is that, without a class, I have no HP. No HP means... well, you try playing a character with 0HP :P

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 07, 2015, 06:36:08 am »

Problem is that, without a class, I have no HP. No HP means... well, you try playing a character with 0HP :P
You would still receive racial hit dice.

EDIT: The point would be moot, as Lawastooshort has just PM'd me, and said he wouldn't like to drop out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 07, 2015, 06:40:21 am »

Maybe have a dragon bloodline?

You would still receive racial hit dice.
I... don't believe so? That, in fact, was the main weakness of a lot of templates; that the LA meant you ended up with less HP than your fellows. RAcial hit die act like class levels of their own; let's take the centaur as an example, with LA +2 and 4 racial hit die.

A Level 10 Human Fighter is ECL 10, and has 10d10 hp, with 10 hit die. A Level 4 Centaur Fighter is also ECL 10, but only has 4d8 + 4d10 hp, for a total of 8 hit die.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:11 am »

Yeah, there isn't any racial hit die for the template. As for bloodlines, those are little to... lacking in regards to the chromatic dragons.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 07, 2015, 06:47:22 am »

Sorry everyone, I'm finding it difficult getting onto the forums much lately. It feels like a slow but inevitable total withdrawal, actually: this is the only game I am in that has an active pull for me anymore and I don't have time to do my own games.

I'd like to make the effort and keep going in the game, but I've clearly become somewhat unreliable. If it would be easier and better for me to go, I could accept that. You'd probably gain a better player and a better character.

I'll let flame decide but feel free to PM me if you have an opinion.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 09, 2015, 09:12:01 pm »

So long as you're able to post reasonably often (with a rather lenient definition of reasonable, given my own posting habits), you're more than welcome to stay.

Also, update coming soon. I would have done it last night, but we ended up trying out Age of Sigmar (Which was terrible, by the way; like a stripped down, completely broken, less dynamic Warhammer)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 10, 2015, 04:08:27 am »

So long as you're able to post reasonably often (with a rather lenient definition of reasonable, given my own posting habits), you're more than welcome to stay.

Also, update coming soon. I would have done it last night, but we ended up trying out Age of Sigmar (Which was terrible, by the way; like a stripped down, completely broken, less dynamic Warhammer)

My god... they added space marines, down to the fucking ultramarines and grey knights. And where'd Slaanesh go? Jesus wept.

----

In other news, I guess it's back to the injured guy.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 10, 2015, 08:54:08 am »

Sorry everyone, I'm finding it difficult getting onto the forums much lately. It feels like a slow but inevitable total withdrawal, actually: this is the only game I am in that has an active pull for me anymore and I don't have time to do my own games.

Sad to hear that, man. If you do go, I can I always enjoyed your games and playing with you, for what it was worth.

:(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 10, 2015, 10:01:29 am »

Alright, after a bit of thinking, and finding out the half-dragon thing was untenable, I present to you a KOBOLD!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58