Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - D&D 3.5 [5/5] OOC Thread - It's dead, Jim!  (Read 72340 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - D&D 3.5 [5/5] OOC Thread
« Reply #765 on: March 29, 2015, 10:05:46 pm »

Isn't that the problem with women? The second you marry one it's all "I want better weapons" and "Let me kill all things we come across".
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 29, 2015, 10:45:36 pm »

Isn't that the problem with women? The second you marry one it's all "I want better weapons" and "Let me kill all things we come across".
* flameboy99 quietly slips this in his signature
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 15, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

Why not double bump!?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 15, 2015, 03:42:40 pm »

Rule of three?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 15, 2015, 04:01:25 pm »

QUADRA BUMP!

GODLIKE!

#mobas
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 15, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »

Heh
Heh heh heh
heh
ill get on it

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 03, 2015, 01:53:09 am »

So. I suppose you guys deserve an explanation for my lack of updates. To make it a long story short, I'm in a really bad place right now and I can't accomplish writing anything but utter shit. I don't intend for this to die off, but it could end up happening.

To go into a bit more detail, I've been facing a lot of bullshit in my school (Recently moved to an extremely religious, conservative area...Constantly lying about a major part of my identity while surrounded by incredibly homophobic people (As well as general assholes) has not been amazing for my mental health), and as such, I've come into a really terrible mental state that basically results in a feedback loop of self-loathing. As I sink lower into my psuedo-depression, I end up becoming worse and worse at writing/coding/etc., resulting in me considering my work and myself horrible, resulting in me getting worse...So on and so forth. As such, I can't actually write anything even vaguely worthy of posting.

As such, I won't be continuing the City of Aretrian any time soon. It will be going on a hiatus for an indefinite and likely very long period of time. In fact, I'll be totally honest; it may not be coming back at all. I really do love working on this, and playing with you five, but...Well, at the moment I simply can't continue to work on it. I don't want this to die, really. It's been one of the major things keeping me going. But I don't want to leave this teetering on the brink in some sort of limbo...Aretrian deserves better. Really, it deserves to be continued, but I can't do it and I'm too selfish and jealous to allow someone else to take the reigns. So for now, I'll be putting this in stasis, to be revived later. I'm sorry about this, really. I know it sucks, and it sucks for me too, but I just can't leave this unresolved. I will, at least, provide this much.

And, rest assured, I'll be providing the answers to what the fuck was going on in this fever-dream of a campaign should it become evident I'll not continue it. Thank you guys for putting up with this bullshit for so long. I know I've been a horrendous DM, but still.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 03, 2015, 08:38:47 am »

That sucks to hear.

I was rather fond of the interaction between Ava and Osirio. I'd always be happy to rejoin Aretrian in the future or bring Ava to a new game, if it ever came to that.

Hopefully things improve in your end, man, but don't worry about Aretrian in the meantime.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2015, 09:48:33 am »

At first I was sad that this was going to end. That first sentence told me enough. But as I read I became angry that you have to deal with that sort of bullshit. I don't know much about you but you're an awesome person so far as I'm aware. Don't let religious bastards get you down. You are who you are and who you are is amazing. I really hope things improve on your end.

Don't worry about this game, as Giglamesh said I'll always be happy to rejoin when things improve on your end.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2015, 11:13:50 am »

Ah, blargh. I echo the above sentiments. I really enjoyed Osirio...though I guess I should not have played so hard to get. :P I'll still be here if/when we get going again.

Angry to hear that people in your life are making life harder for you. I was picked on alot in school as well, though mostly because I was am (lol) poor and white. I can sympathize, though I can imagine it's much worse on your end. Stay strong, friend. The world is, slowly, changing for the better...even if you can't see it yet on the ground level, alot of us support you.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:24 am »

I'm happy to announce I intend to continue this
City of Aretrian soon, likely at or near the start of June. Please confirm your actions are still the ones you want to take.

Additionally, in order to get back into the swing of things, I'd like to write up some lore and fluff surrounding Nazeric and the world in general. I've got a LOT of this planned out in at least the loose details*, so feel free to ask really unusual or specific questions.

*I tend to keep a strict line of how things play out in 'canon' terms for worldbuilding purposes, though that planned path has no impact on gameplay; just because canon said a mighty paladin slayed the evil demon lord doesn't mean the players can't keep the demon lord alive or preemptively take out the paladin come campaign time, for example

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 26, 2015, 12:52:04 am »

Crap, I managed to miss the previous hiatus explanation. I also agree with the above - I only know you as a GM, and you're a really good one from what I've seen, so it'll be sweet to see you continue :)

Good luck with everything :)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 26, 2015, 05:49:53 am »

I'm happy to announce I intend to continue this
City of Aretrian soon, likely at or near the start of June. Please confirm your actions are still the ones you want to take.
Ah, awesome!

I certainly hope that means things have gone well for you on your end.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 26, 2015, 08:36:17 am »

No change in my action.

Also, things might be busy for me about the time we restart, tho I don't anticipate too much trouble. I may be moving apartments.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

Good luck Dwarmin!

I also confirm my action.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58