Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wagonsplosion  (Read 1118 times)

nasobema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wagonsplosion
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:40:53 pm »

My fort suffers from a bugged unretirement.

Two things are 'a bit' messed up:

1) Wagons all around!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There was an elven caravan around when I retired the fort. But elves don't even have wagons. Maybe they have grown them?

Seriously, what is going on here?

2) Water all over the fortress without visible leaks to the surrounding lake.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OK, the fort is built on a lakeshore and the entrance is surrounded by a moat full of water. Plus, I constructed a vertical shaft in the lake that spans down through all layers of the fort proper. But there was and is not a single leak where water could come through.

However, there's windows and a floodgate. Could it be that during the abstraction between retire and unretire windows and/or floodgates are not considered properly?

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wagonsplosion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:25:45 pm »

However, there's windows and a floodgate. Could it be that during the abstraction between retire and unretire windows and/or floodgates are not considered properly?

That could be it, or maybe some tiles that shouldn't be are now aquifers. Maybe you can play around with dfhacks liquids tool to find the source of the water?
For the wagons, are they normal embark wagons made from 3 wood? If so just claim the wood and deconstruct them i guess?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Wagonsplosion
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:50 pm »

The water thing is a bug that carried over form .34 - though instead of retiring/unretiring it happened if you used DFhack to embark over a previous fort instead of reclaiming. Walls may spontaneously revert to aquifer layer, and the fort is accordingly flooded. I'd recommend smoothing all rough walls - that might get rid of it.
No idea about the wagons though.