Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Where am I going wrong on this creature?  (Read 3719 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Where am I going wrong on this creature?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 06:40:24 pm »

You wouldn't be trying to give them a dark fortress, would you?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6941
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8365
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7739

And most likely more.  I dont anything about it, frankly.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 09:48:40 pm »

Emm... they do tolerate them, but its strange, as on some I coulc get all the way to the embark screen. But then, maybe they had never created one. I'll test.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 05:22:10 pm »

OK, it does not crash when I remove [BABYSNATCHER]. Why would this be?

EDIT: I am assuming that the game does not like babysnatcher races being playable.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:28:00 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 09:40:10 pm »

OK, so its crashing anyway. I'm gonna post the RAWs.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 11:25:43 pm »

Playable babysnatcher races are fine, at least in DF2012.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 07:17:59 am »

Playable babysnatcher races are fine, at least in DF2012.
And that's why I'll heavily scan for errors, r0then post, the RAWs - see if better minds than myself can work it out.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »

Sigh... DFFD isn't working, so I'll have to paste it here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is the entity file; here is the creature file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now, this works perfectly with a history under 5 years. If above - crash with no errorlog.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 06:36:38 pm »

Lookin' good.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:55 pm »

I'm gonna start running this through a gamut of tests to see where the problem lies. Also code][/code is very good for posted raws (add brackets before and after for it to work in post, or just use button that has a # on it).

So far I know it is absolutely an entity issue (appears even with other creatures) and it doesn't always happen. I genned a world for 30+yrs without a crash, but from 1-60 are potentially crashy. Will continue fiddling until I know more (I believe this may be related to Putnam's DBZ frieza race crashing the game, and that is from 34.x).

Like 85% certain it's a position issue. Figuring out what exactly it is will be a pain.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:21:10 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 02:04:49 pm »

I'm gonna start running this through a gamut of tests to see where the problem lies. Also code][/code is very good for posted raws (add brackets before and after for it to work in post, or just use button that has a # on it).

So far I know it is absolutely an entity issue (appears even with other creatures) and it doesn't always happen. I genned a world for 30+yrs without a crash, but from 1-60 are potentially crashy. Will continue fiddling until I know more (I believe this may be related to Putnam's DBZ frieza race crashing the game, and that is from 34.x).

Like 85% certain it's a position issue. Figuring out what exactly it is will be a pain.
Thanks mate!

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 09:43:40 am »

Oh, and, er, would you mind helping me figure out what the position issue is? I'm not entirely sure what that is, though I believe it refers to nobles?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

Oh, and, er, would you mind helping me figure out what the position issue is? I'm not entirely sure what that is, though I believe it refers to nobles?
It does refer to the nobles. I am currently doing a remove-a-noble-and-gen to see if it is with a specific noble or an interaction between them. I am also now quite certain this has nothing to do with Putnam's issue.

The issue appears to originate with the bishops and the pope. Removing them or their LAW_MAKING allows world generation to go over 70 years (won't try much longer than their lifespan)(I try at least 3 worlds each time I think I might have it, sometimes more). Removing it from the Bishops alone sometimes allows it to go that long as well, but there will still be crashes.

I honestly don't know what the actually causes the crash. Barons/Counts/Dukes all have LAW_MAKING and removing RELIGION from the bishops and pope still leads to crashes (though it takes longer on average with popes).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 11:08:40 pm »

Binary searches are useful for finding errors. If your game is crashing due to a civilized creature, replace the creature in the civilization with a different one, such as humans. If the game still crashes, there's your problem. At that point, you basically just have to replace half the features with some default at a time; for example, remove positions and replace them with something else, and if it's not that, it's probably currency or something weird.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:26 pm »

Thanks; I think I know how to correct it.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 06:27:15 pm »

Binary searches are useful for finding errors. If your game is crashing due to a civilized creature, replace the creature in the civilization with a different one, such as humans. If the game still crashes, there's your problem. At that point, you basically just have to replace half the features with some default at a time; for example, remove positions and replace them with something else, and if it's not that, it's probably currency or something weird.

Thanks; I think I know how to correct it.

Well do let us know. Because I found positions that worked fine in one race crash when applied to humans. I never figured out the reason why.
Pages: 1 [2] 3