Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you a pixel artist? Let's account for everyone!

Yes
- 29 (54.7%)
No
- 24 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: Lair of the Pixel Artist (Share Your Pixel Art Here)  (Read 101654 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Lair of the Pixel Artist (Share Your Pixel Art Here)
« Reply #705 on: September 02, 2018, 05:44:36 pm »

I might as well throw up some rune things I made up in paint a few months back over the course of roughly 1-2 hours.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The symbols have a kind of subtle unity in their design, it's nice. Most of all I like the colors you chose though.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 25, 2018, 02:32:13 pm »

A silhouette thing for a nun mecha quest first post I've been thinking about doing lately.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 26, 2018, 02:41:57 am »

A silhouette thing for a nun mecha quest first post I've been thinking about doing lately.

Pretty good, although a little flat, but i dunno if that was what you were going for or not. Besides, dimension with sillouettes is hard.

Here's some things i've been doing: (mostly just testing and trying to solidify a style.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #708 on: September 26, 2018, 10:58:32 am »

I mean I'd say you've got your style pretty well nailed down. Have you thought about doing animation? These characters all look like they'd have fun ways of getting around.

Pretty good, although a little flat, but i dunno if that was what you were going for or not. Besides, dimension with sillouettes is hard.
Is it really a silhouette if there are internal lines? There are a few ways to improve the depth of it with internal lines by adding more surfaces but it's always going to look flat really, since there's no shading, which must be his intent, unless he uses it as a base later.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 26, 2018, 12:44:15 pm »

I mean I'd say you've got your style pretty well nailed down.

I suppose what i should say is that i'm trying to make my style look good. I'm still learning how best to portray shape and depth and etc with as little colour as possible.

Also yeah i have dabbled in animation before but it's the sort of thing i'd have to be really quite determined to do, since it takes so long and, from experience, can be pretty infuriating.

And here's a thing i did earlier:

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]