Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: The Lillian Helsbrecht Story  (Read 16662 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Lillian Helsbrecht Story
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2016, 09:30:20 pm »

Escape: Part Vladmir, part Crispin

Crispin snapped awake, very suddenly. He was standing, muscles tight and tense, painfully so, in the Shuttle Debarkation Zone on the Research Outpost. He looked around stiffly, barely aware. His mind throbbed sluggishly with a powerful headache, and he struggled to make sense of his surroundings. He remembered only one word, and it resounded through him forcefully with every throb that spiked his brain.

Blood splattered across the windows, blue and red smears marking Skrell and Human deaths. He remembered them- Vampire- faces gripped in rictus horror as he ripped into their flesh. A broken stun baton lay by the sundered door, it's bolts still extended where they had been torn from their moorings by horrifying force. A wounded Skrell female lay huddled in the corner, whimpering in mindless fear. Crispin started to offer her assistance, his hands coming up- Vampire- he came to an abrupt stop as he hauled the male Human's writhing corpse higher inadvertently.

He looked down at the dying man, his mind shattered by a single thought, closely followed by the one word. I did this to them. I killed them. He tasted blood on his tongue, and his gaze snapped up to the reflection in the window. His face was gaunt, all bone and skin and no meat. His eyes were sunken hollows with tiny yellow pinpricks of light glowing in the gloom.

His smile was a predator's threat, four pronounced incisors on top and bottom surrounded by equally sharp, smaller teeth, all covered in blood and with bits of veins and gore stuck in the gaps. Crispin's eyes widened in terror for a moment, then a sibilant instinct took over his actions. He dropped the useless body and turned to face the whimpering Skrell woman. He advanced with terrible intent, and she gasped a wordless sob, an eloquent plea for mercy and declamation of his actions all in one. The sound of prey.

Crispin grabbed her by the throat and hauled her up, to standing position then higher, holding her upright by her neck. His voice, when it came, was thick and phlegmatic from the blood in his throat, "Who... Am... I?" He croaked fearsomely.

She shook her head violently and tears ran freely down her face. Crispin shook her roughly and she quieted a moment, to gasp out, "Crispin... Crispin Sacred... Please..."

With a snap, he shook her forcefully, breaking her neck. Then he dropped her to the floor and turned his gaze to the Shuttle console.

Blood. It will take us to more blood. A whisper quiet voice of pure malevolence said into his ear.

---
Meanwhile, on the Station above
---

Malachi waved his hand sharply, like a blade slashing across a rope, "Shut it, Vlad. Stop. We're going, and you can't pussy out man. Follow fucking orders and get in line."

Vlad glared unhappily and nodded reluctantly, "If you say so. I still think we'd be better off letting him escape to the Planet. Where's he gonna go?"

Valerie shook her head lightly, "God, what a pussy." She remarked.

Malachi waved the Security team in, "Okay, here's the plan. Vlad, secure the lobby. Osborn and I will attempt to secure the Console and deactivate the borgs. Zalis, you, Valerie, and Gregory will locate and arrest Director Oppenheimer. Keep together, keep alert, and stay alive. Let's go." The team broke apart, Vlad moving to guard the Research wing doors.

Once inside the expansive Research wing, the five of them broke apart again, three into Xenobiology and two towards the Research Director office. Osborn and Malachi stopped as they turned the corner and looked inside the windows to the office. Inside, a massive metal construct stood motionless. An Odysseus Model Mechanical Assistance Support Exoskeleton, fully loaded with Syringe cannon, Emergency Sleeper unit, and a variety of medical manipulators and tools. Malachi gestured at Osborn, who moved to cover the door while Malachi entered the office. Malachi said, "Horatio? You in there?"

The Mech stood taller as the occupant activated it, "Yes, Malachi Kelly. I am in here. What do you need?"

Malachi edged across the room laterally, and Osborn slid into the room and moved the opposite way, both of them aiming their tazers at the Mech. "Well, the AI said some screwy shit, and we think you might need to have a talk with us." Malachi said it rather calmly, despite his frayed nerves. The Syringe Cannon tracked Osborn across the room.

"Oh? Is that so? Perhaps I should fix it then."

Malachi caught the phrasing and said, "It as in the AI or it as in the situation?"

A syringe-dart shot out faster than the eye could follow and jabbed into Osborn's arm. He gasped and brushed it off easily, the needle falling out to the floor, still half full of chemicals. Osborn fired his tazer, the electrical charge flaring through the Mech and sending it's targeting system into overload. Malachi fired too, both of them pumping the full extent of their guns into the Mech with devastating effect. It slumped, motors fried and electronics smoking gently, releasing the odor of poisonously burning plastic.

Malachi raced forwards and yanked a crowbar out of his belt as he shouted, "Keep tazing the fucking thing! Or flash the photoreceptors, it'll fry their optics!" He jammed the bar into the gap between cockpit door and door-jamb, and torqued it roughly, popping the door open. Horatio Oppenheimer tumbled out, his expression one of astonishment. Malachi shouted wordlessly and whipped out cuffs. He waved Osborn forward, then stopped as he clicked the cuffs into place. He looked back for Osborn.

Osborn lay in a still heap on the floor, his face blue, his eyes bloody from oxygen deprivation. Malachi put his fingers to the fallen officer's throat, while Horatio spoke, "Potassium Chlorophoride. Most commonly used to stop the heart for surgery. Incredibly fatal when administered in the dose I gave him." Malachi turned to the Director, his face set in a murderous mask of hate. Horatio continued, "And Impedrezine. Destroys neural connections. You can't even clone it."

Malachi advanced on Horatio, his hand pulling out his stun baton almost of it's own accord. Malachi raised it up, the electric field active, to smash into Horatio's face, "Anything else you wanna tell me?" He asked rhetorically, moments before the assault.

Horatio snapped, "Yes. Praetor is here and you were dead a long time ago."

Malachi's eyes went from rage-crazed to terror-filled in an instant and he looked behind himself instinctively. Praetor loomed over him silently, and one appendage extended rapidly, flashing like a scorpion's tail as it struck. The appendage struck Malachi in the spine right below his neck, severing his spinal cord in the exact place to cause complete paraplegia. Malachi dropped, gasping and screaming weakly as his body failed him. Praetor leaned forward and extended the appendage again, carefully covering his larynx and trachea. It pressed firmly, breaking the fragile cartilage and cutting off his air supply. It held this pose for two whole minutes as Malachi died, then retracted as his body went into the final stages of death.

Horatio hauled himself up and presented his hands for the cuffs to be removed.

Praetor didn't move.

Horatio's face fell, his keen mind grasping the clues with ease. "Janus ordered me dead. No loose ends, eh?" Horatio queried, his voice breaking in fear.

The appendage rose again for the second time in ten minutes.

---
Meanwhile, in Xenobiology
---

The three man team of Security moved into Xenobiology, guns ready. Nothing untoward presented itself as they moved to the very end of the large laboratory, where the Exotic Specimens cage was. Or rather, had been. A featureless wall had replaced it. Zalis hissed in concern, "They must have hidden it, to prevent casual discovery. Check for some method of passage."

They started feeling along the wall, until Valeria found a catch, "Here!" She cried out, pressing the near-invisible button. A wall-section recessed silently, to reveal... A pitch black chamber. Nothing could be seen through the retaining windows or force fields. Nothing but a clown's face, somehow glued right up to the window.

Gregory opened the first windoor between them and the cage, "What the fuck? Is that the clown?" He moved to open the second when Zalis sprang forward in panic.

"BACK! GET BACK NOW!" The Unathi roared harshly, but it was too late. The enormous, abnormally large xenomorph within was already striking, it's armored fist shattering the second windoor and slapping the life out of Gregory. It crammed itself into the gap and started forcing itself through. Zalis grabbed Valerie, who was screaming Gregory's name, and pulled her out. They both turned and ran as the beast slammed into the false walls, casting the narrow facades down in an instant. It pursued them as they fled for the door, massive clawed hands ripping deep furrows in the deck and walls. They narrowly exited before it, and sealed the door before it followed.

A massive clang signalled it's intent to destroy them, door or no door. Zalis and Valerie shared a look and ran for the lobby as Zalis keyed his comm, "OSBORN! MALACHI! CLEAR THE FUCKING WING! WE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM!" They exited the Research Wing, to find Vlad nervously flipping a Zippo open and shut, an unlit cigarette hanging from his lips.

"What?" Vlad asked, confused by the comms message and their flight, "What'd you find?"

Zalis flipped a nearby table and dived behind it, drawing his gun, "GET IN COVER! IT'S COMING!"

BOOM.

Something slammed into the Robotic's bay shutters, bending the fleximetal outwards. Vlad gaped, his cigarette dropping out of his mouth. "OH FUCK ME." He shouted, drawing his tazer. Another boom echoed, followed by a screech-roar of terrible proportions.

And then there was blissful silence for a long moment. After that was the unmistakable sounds of laser discharge and alien screams of injury.

The three Security team members aimed their weapons at the shutters, waiting for the booms to resume. Finally, the shutters creaked open, barely functional, to reveal Praetor, hissing acid-scored armor plates oozing smoke and molten metal, several limbs ripped off, one hoverpod nonfunctional. Praetor drifted forward soundlessly into the lobby, weapons armed and aimed at them.

The tense standoff continued for a long moment, then Vlad said, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-" His protracted curse was cut off by Zalis blasting into the Borg, followed shortly by Valerie, then Vlad. They poured energy into the deadly Cyborg, and it ineffectually attempted to dodge. After three weapons worth of fire, they stopped, Zalis slamming a new clip home into his sidearm.

Praetor straightened slightly, and it's hailer extended, "Your assistance in apprehending a violent criminal is required. Criminal profile: Sacred, Crispin B. Assignment: Xenoarcheologist. Crimes: Murder, Desecration of a Corpse, Grand Theft, Sabotage, Treasonous Actions, FILE NOT FOUND: NTSO-9727 Alpha. Suggested course of action: Immediate elimination via deadly force. Suspect is to be considered heavily armed and exceptionally dangerous." The damaged borg started drifting in circles slowly, "This unit will provide fire support."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2016, 09:31:31 pm »

We're so very close to the end. I might have underestimated when I said four story posts and one MtA. It's actually two Meet the Antagonists and perhaps six or eight story posts, but I think that's a good thing. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2016, 12:03:08 am »

Incredibly fun read as usual. Cheers Hans.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2016, 02:57:53 pm »

What a badass chapter, thanks for the read Hans. Reminds me of actual SS13, where borgs really can shrug off 3 clips of small arms fire and keep chugging on.  :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2016, 07:25:33 pm »

Praetor is distinctly not done being an antagonist just yet. Actually, only one antagonist is truly defeated so far. /cryptic statement
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2016, 10:00:24 pm »

I have most of an update written, but I don't want to cut this off halfway. I'll have it done ASAP. I think it will be enjoyable. :)
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2016, 10:20:20 pm »

I counted this thread dead long ago. Glad to see you're back at it, Hans.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2016, 11:20:45 pm »

It's still not dead, even. I may be sporadic with long waits, but I always get back to it eventually.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2017, 02:58:01 pm »

Tonight there will be an update. Also in other news I now have voice recognition technology on my smartphone so I might just start writing this while I'm at work by talking to myself like a crazy person.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2017, 11:23:16 pm »

Lillian Lives

Avery, Lillian, and Tina followed the path Hector and his prisoners had taken carefully. After an interminable trek, they paused to get their bearings. Lillian spoke, as Tina tasted the air with her forked tongue, "Still got an idea where they went?"

Tina nodded sharply, pointing left down the Maintenance corridors, toward a section of extraneous, unused rooms and halls near Security, typically referred to as Illicit by most of the crew. She hissed softly, "They're heading for that old Chapel, I imagine. Lots of space in there, lots of dark halls and forgotten rooms. I don't know what they're up to, but it's an ideal spot to set themselves up in."

Avery chimed in from the junction, "We should get moving. The longer the Captain and HoP are captive, the worse their chances get." With a shared glance, the trio got moving again.

Lillian winced when she put her weight on her leg and it shivered weakly. "Guys, I sort of forgot in the heat of the moment, but I've got a serious wound on this leg. We might have to slow down." They slowed and stopped, near another junction, and Tina considered thoughtfully.

Avery beat her to the punch, "This right turn will let us circle around and potentially cut them off or flank them. How about Tina and I take the turn, and you approach straight on, Lillian?"

The injured Head of Security considered her bandaged leg. Grudgingly Tina said, "It would be safest. Avery and I can get there before you, and you'll possibly get the jump on them while we have them distracted." Lillian nodded slowly at length, and waved them on with a sigh. She crept down the hall, her limp becoming more noticeable as all the adrenaline that had been keeping her going drained from her body. She paused at a locker, and swung it open, searching for something to use as a cane. Frustratingly, the locker was empty and she limped along, holding onto the wall and exposed piping to keep her self balanced, one hand aiming her gun down the hall, searching for targets.

She came to a Janitorial substation, with a mop bucket and a few cleaning supplies tucked into an alcove. Sighing deeply, she hefted her leg over the mop press and draped it across the bucket. Then she leaned on it heavily and pushed with her other foot, sliding on the bucket awkwardly. After about twenty feet of this, Lillian sighed again, "For fuck's sake, this is ridiculous." She pushed forward, coming to a set of wooden doors. "I hope this is the goddamn Chapel, I'm tired of looking like a limp-dick cyborg." She pushed herself to her feet unsteadily and turned the knob on the left door gently, quietly.

Lillian eased the door open, and immediately wished she hadn't.

Inside the Chapel, Hector and his cult and prisoners were standing in the midst of a writhing sea of serpentine squiggles that hurt her eyes to see. She grimaced and pushed forward, aiming at Hector. "Freeze!" She bellowed ferociously, with more confidence than she felt. "Everyone. Get. The. Fuck. Down." The congregation turned to face her, almost as one. All but the prisoners faced her, quietly, wearing identical robes and expressions.

Hector smiled, "Hello Lillian. Welcome to our Chapel. I've been expecting you."

Lillian aimed around, trying to watch everyone at once, "Well, I would be too. You've... Committed so many fucking crimes. Just. So many." She smiled, "How about we do this the easy way and you all surrender to me?"

Hector looked around the group, and shrugged, "I don't think you have enough cuffs, Lillian. Why don't you join the festivities?" He gestured vaguely, "You're the guest of honor, actually."

She re-centered on Hector with her gun and narrowed her eyes, "Alright, then I'll have to blast you into molecular ash. I liked you, Hector." She pulled her trigger, a brilliant red beam arched out to connect her arm with Hector's head, at the same time, his hand touched a shivering collection of lines on the floor, blood smearing across them.

The beam lanced right through his head and out the other side without any effect, striking the far wall easily. Hector grinned lightly, "I actually didn't believe you'd shoot meet for a moment. Bring them in." He let go of the lines, but a strange insubstantiality stayed with him, his movements leaving afterimages on Lillian's vision. She looked at her gun disbelievingly, while a group of cultists brought in two more prisoners. Tina and Avery, bound, gagged, and already viciously beaten. Hector spoke again, "So, you want to take the easy way out and surrender, Lillian?"

She looked around the room, acutely aware of the terrible situation she was in, the odds stacked against her. Finally, Lillian lowered her gun and sighed, "Guess I haven't got much choice." She secured her gun in it's holster, and pulled on something in one of her pockets. After a moment, using one hand to hold her jacket still and the other to pull, she yanked out a breath mask and pulled it on, just as red gas started spewing from her other pocket, right where she'd held the jacket. She grabbed her gun again, and also pulled out her stun baton, thumbing it on in one clean gesture.

The cultists had already moved to grab her, and as they contacted the gas, they reeled away, gasping and coughing, snot and tears rolling down their faces from the military grade pepperspray. Lillian didn't wait either, striking out with the baton and firing at Hector. The laser blast was as ineffectual before, but the baton proved far more useful against the closing cultists. They were unarmed, seeking to subdue her, and after her initial fortunes, their numbers began to tell. One lunged, wrapping around her gun hand and twisting it to the floor. She tried to open up some space to strike at the one holding her, but another pair of cultists grabbed her, across the chest and other arm, then more swarmed in.

Lillian was borne to the floor by weight of numbers.

---

"Osborn? Malachi?" Zalis tried again as they reluctantly followed the damaged Security Cyborg, but no answer was forthcoming. Vlad started to speak, then stopped as they all saw the scene in the Research Director's office. "Oh." Zalis grunted softly, seeing the bodies there, security uniforms obviously.

Praetor shined a light on the Xenoarcheaology doors. "The criminal is through here." Valerie crossed to the door, her face in a grimace, and opened the door, gun at the ready. She shined her seclite into the dark hall framed by windows to space, tracking back and forth across the darkness.

She shrugged, "It's clear. There's no one here, guys. The bot's wrong." Valerie shined her light across the hall one more time to reveal a figure standing by the leftmost windows, facing out into space. "Oh fuck. Crispin?" She asked softly. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" The figure spoke to the window as the three Security team members and the borg closed in. "An infinite realm of stars and planets, so closely mimicking the structure of atoms and molecules, shining in the dark energy and matter that truly rule the universe. So like life, this vista is. Clinging to the hope that the light is the true sight to be seen, yet quietly aware of the ever present darkness waiting at the end for all of us."

Vlad winced, "Someone's been re-reading their eighth grade poems."

Zalis shushed him and moved closer as Valerie circled to flank. "Crispin Sacred, you are under arrest at this time. We are authorized to use extreme force."

Crispin ignored them, "I once thought of myself as an intellectual, someone logical and smart enough to raise themselves above my primitive nature, to be civilized and cultured. I was shown the truth." He turned slowly, facing the flashlight Valerie shone upon him, "Now I know that I- We- are all animals. Brutal, simple animals."

His yellow eyes reflected the light in hellish rings of red, and Valerie screamed. "I am a predator... And humans are the prey."

Zalis fired, Vlad ran, Praetor raced forward, and Valerie screamed.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2017, 09:44:01 am »

I just found so many typos. There will be another update tonight and possibly some proofreading this time.

I lied. No update tonight, but one for sure tomorrow. If anyone's still reading. >.>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:41:23 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2017, 05:43:44 pm »

I just found so many typos. There will be another update tonight and possibly some proofreading this time.

I lied. No update tonight, but one for sure tomorrow. If anyone's still reading. >.>
I am, at least.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2017, 04:25:20 pm »

One is more than enough. I will post an update this weekend.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2017, 07:54:07 pm »

Null Returns

Lillian woke up, sore and terrified. She was bound, hand and foot, with what appeared to be cabling. She looked around, finding herself still in the same chamber she had faced down Hector and his cult in. This time, the scene was different. The cultists still swarmed the room, circled around her and her companions. Hector was near, drawing a strange knife through the air, leaving strange black markings. As if the very fabric of reality parted before the blade.

She looked left and right, seeing her Captain, Everett, and the Head of Personnel, Amir at the end. To the other side was Tina and Avery. All bound and gagged, bloodied and half-conscious. She was the only one without a gag. Hector glanced up and saw she was awake. "Excellent, let us begin. Lillian, you are honored." He moved to stand behind Everett, still tracing in the air with the knife. Dagger, ceremonial dagger, she realized.

Hector continued, "You see, Nar-Sie demands we give to him. Even in his greatest hour of need, when he needs our service the most, he demands..." He paused dramatically, deliberately, "Sacrifices." Hector grabbed Everett's chin abruptly, and brought the dagger in, stabbing it into the midline of Everett's neck, then viciously yanking it forward, cutting Everett's neck jaggedly in half. Blood sprayed, and Everett wheezed, panicked and terrified. Lillian gagged and threw up.

All the fluids expelled, blood and vomit, flowed to an ominous and evil looking rune that floated a foot about the floor, right in front of Lillian. There, they flowed together into a tightening vortex, spiraling endlessly. Hector stepped over to stand behind Amir Roadman, still speaking. "We do our best to be worthy of Him, but one man can do only so much. Only so much blood can be spilt here. So I have arranged for twelve other stations to sacrifice as many souls as they can." He casually gripped Roadman's hair, yanking his head back, and looked down into the frightened man's eyes. "So we shall see if the blood is enough. The fear is enough. We shall see."

Hector started slowly sawing at Roadman's neck, the blade sibilantly spraying new spurts of vitae into the air with each motion. Roadman jerked and struggled for a moment, then his strength waned and he slumped, sapped of his life by the savage sacrifice. Hector smiled as the Head of Personnel surrendered to death, "So we have five, Lillian. And you are most important, because the Gods have looked upon your life with great interest. You will be the crowning sacrifice." He stepped behind Tina, skipping Avery for now. "After the Chaplain, He Who Worships the False Ones."

The blade came up, and Tina bucked against her restraints violently, gnawing her gag viciously. Hector unconcernedly grabbed her by her snout, putting two fingers into her nostrils and yanking her head back. Tina twisted and snorted, trying desperately to loosen his grip. Hector grinned, and stabbed her right in her trachea with the dagger, then twisted it cruelly. "I wasn't always this devout, you know, Lillian. I used to fear that what I was doing was wrong."

Lillian sobbed, and cried out, "Hector... Please... No more..."

Hector pulled the dagger down, into Tina's sternum, splitting her throat wide open. "But then I realized the truth..."

---

Zackary made an adjustment to the vessel's autopilot, and reached under the console, grabbing the life-sign interlock safety device. He yanked it out forcefully, and headed to the back of the ship, dropping the useless piece of circuitry absently. He stepped into the Teleporter room calmly and punched in a few commands to the console there. He activated the Teleporter, and stepped through.

The ship accelerated.
---

Hector stepped in front of Avery, and teasingly tapped the dagger on Avery's chin. "So we have here, the false Idolator. The Untrue Faithful." He smiled widely at Avery.

Without a sound, a black shaped flashed into existence in the room, already moving. With a swipe and a roll, three cultists fell dead, cut into pieces. Hector reacted with impossible speed, diving for the floor, hand outstretched for one specific rune. The shape corkscrewed through the air, flashes of green energy eviscerating four more cultists in an instant.

Hector's hand hit the rune, and the shape faltered. Null swayed in place, his battery instantly zapped by the expellation of dark energy. Hector stood and gestured at Null silently. Twenty cultists brandished swords and moved to intercept him.

Null smiled lightly, invisible beneath his mask, and said, "Twenty? Really? You must not know who I am."

Hector smiled back, sensing the expression impossibly, "Actually, I do. Meet our friend, the Wraith."

An invisible claw of iron slashed across Null's chest, drawing human blood. In an instant, the ninja backflipped madly, and landed in front of an advancing cultist. He swept low, sweeping the man's feet out from under him, and killed him with a single punch to the throat, coolly snatching up the man's sword in one motion. He set himself in a swordsman's pose, searching for his invisible assailant.

Lillian started fighting her bonds, twisting and yanking her wrists desperately.

Null held the pose for a moment, then cried out in agony, dropping the evil blade he'd stolen, clutching his arm. He recovered quickly, reaching for a void-sealed case on his back. The attacker revealed itself in that moment, a horrifying, fractal tesseract creature, like the very concept of geometry and hate given form and violence. A slashing claw narrowly missed Null, ripping a small part of his armor away. Null rolled abruptly, buying space, and withdrew the most finely made katana ever seen from the case. The Wraith flexed itself with rage, expanding and contracting impossibly, then dashing forwards without any visible means of locomotion.

The Ninja and the Ghost fought viciously, while Lillian fought her way out of her bonds. Hector turned just as she broke the cable, and lunged. She dove backwards, the dagger barely missing her as Avery dove in front of her, catching the blade in his eye. Hector growled like a wounded predator, and yanked the blade out in a welter of blood and brains. Lillian crawled backwards, looking for a weapon.

She ran right into a pair of thick, tree-trunk like legs, that led up and up and up into a stout body and a huge orange afro. Axel Axel casually picked her up and deposited her behind himself, remarking, "Run little woman." Before turning to Hector, "I never liked your lot's evil magic. Never did, mate." His flesh warped and twisted, forming thick black chitin on his body and big, bladed forelimbs.

Hector pulled a slip of paper out of his robe, and swayed forward. The Master of Flesh and the Lord of Spirits came together brutally, Axel spraying an arm out to impale Hector's hip, and Hector slapping the paper down on Axel's arm with a bloody snarl. The Changeling Lord evaporated into bloody mist and a deep, agonized bellow, and Hector slumped to the floor, mortally injured.

Outside the chamber, a small, one person shuttle slammed into the outer hull of the station at incredible velocity, exploding in an instant, knocking the station off course and obliterating a huge portion of the station. Inside the chamber, wind howled out one hallway, whipping across the combatants, killing most, sparing few. Lillian grabbed the floor, pulling herself towards safety, when she felt a hand grab her boot.

She looked down, and Hector hauled himself up her, dagger arcing through the air towards her chest. It stabbed into the decking beside her face, and he hauled himself up again, grabbing her by the throat. She struggled against his iron-hard grip and he stabbed again, hitting even further away. Lillian grew puzzled as Hector hauled her to the emergency shutter, then tossed her through with insane strength. She caught a glimpse of his face as he slapped the fire alarm on, and gone was the fanaticism, the unnatural insanity. A simple, peaceful expression was on his face as he saved her life, one that would haunt her forever. The doors slammed shut, and Lillian watched the wind steal his grip and yank him away into space.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:52 am »

Madness and Violence

Lillian gasped in air in great gulps, turning to eye the darkened hallway she now occupied. It took a left turn about thirty feet in and she couldn't recall where she might be now. Everything was moving too fast now.

Unsteadily she pulled herself to her feet. Her shoulders ached, her right hip felt like it was on fire and she was bleeding from the sealed gash on her leg. She limped down the hall, unarmed but determined to get away. At the corner, she was confused to find four side doors, three to the left, one to the right.

She opened the singular door, finding an empty storeroom.  Lillian sighed and tried the first door on the left. It opened into what appeared to be an ad hoc surgery room. A collection of tools surrounded a blood stained table. She staggered in, her leg spurting a rush of blood as the stitches ripped again. She picked through the tools, finding nothing to seal the bloody ruin on her leg but a welding tool.

She looked at it for a few moments, dizzy and shell shocked. Then she looked around some more, finding nothing of use except for a bottle of pain pills and a big bottle of vodka. Lillian slumped to the floor and laughed weakly to herself for a minute.

"Man... Just fuck this day. Cannot believe..." She took a deep swig from the bottle and gasped afterwards. "Some legendary bad day... Shoulda stayed in bed." She popped two of the pills and picked up the welding tool. She eyed it, reluctantly and smashed the vodka bottle against the table. She turned on the welder and picked up the piece of glass that was the right size.

---
Null battered another swing away, jabbing the tip of his sword into what looked like an eye. The construct let out a psychic noise of rage and sidled out of range. They fought in the airless chamber, dancing past suffocating cultists and bodies alike. Null backed up, trying to disengage and retreat so he could charge his battery again, when the creature unexpectedly reached out and grabbed a wounded, choking cultist. It pulled the man close and then...

Vanished.

Null cautiously backed farther away, half expecting another invisible assault, but none came. Null fled into the less damaged parts of the station.

---
Vlad ran for dear life, ignoring the gunshots and battle sounds behind him. He ran and cursed himself as he did. "Fucking... Can't be... This much... Of a pussy." He stopped when he realized someone was following him, gun shakily jerking around to aim.

Zalis grabbed his wrist with his remaining arm and pushed him. "Run you fool. Praetor won't last forever."

Vlad gasped at Zalis' condition, but kept running. Behind them, the sounds of fighting had faded, and a single, feminine scream rose to a crescendo, into shrill terror, then was abruptly silenced. They burst out of the Research wing, into the lobby. Zalis staggered and plowed into the long couch near the morgue, blood sluggishly pulsing from his ragged stump. Zalis snarled, and Vlad ran to the Medical wing door, banging on the Cloning Bay. "Hey! We need a doctor! For fuck's sake hurry!"

Vlad glanced at the door to Research, still hanging open for the moment. He gasped in terror when the Cloning Bay door hissed open, revealing the odd Chief Medical Officer, Trey Lloyd. His coat was buttoned up and he wore a surgical apron, splattered with blood. He- It- Twisted it's head and gestured, "Bring to this one the wounded Unathi. Arm shall be replaced. Swiftness."

They followed the strange Diona into Medical, Vlad watching for the vampire as the door hissed shut.
---
Sigh. Still not finished. I'm splitting this up into a couple parts. Something I didn't want to do.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:45:01 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13