Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Not Fit For Continuation  (Read 9087 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Not Fit For Continuation
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:51:53 pm »

It's been years. Or maybe weeks. Months?

It's been a period of time. A long period of time. The mall still stands, as do those who were once inside it. However, it might be said that the rather obtuse structure on top of the hill is in much better shape than those who were once caught in its grasp. The TV Channels had gone dead, as did the man who once ran them. His name was in the newspaper at one point, actually. Viceroy Alphonse Ingbrook. Nobody could really be bothered to remember the name, and so he never really went down in history. He did go down in criminal records, however, for several counts, including fraud and multiple counts of manslaughter, despite only one actual body being found amongst the twists and turns of the shopping centre. He was taken into custody after a raid of what was believed to be a control booth in the mall after an anonymous tip came in. He was tried, found guilty, and sentenced to life in prison. Somehow, despite looking of rather decent health when brought in, he suffered a massive heart attack after his first night in his cell. The coroner attributed the cause to be, of all things, old age.

Those who had been trapped inside were released, and as they stepped out of the building, they felt different. Not in the sense that they had changed, more that they had...reverted. Some managed to bring some keepsakes with them, others abandoned their time there, going back to a 'Normal' life. Whatever they called normal, that is. For some, it was wrestling. For others, it was lawyering. Some stayed behind, going back to their jobs cleaning as if nothing had happened. However, for some it just wasn't enough. They returned, prepared to relive what might have been the most exciting thing they had ever done. Or perhaps there were some new people, having heard the stories told from person to person about the adrenaline rush experienced after passing away, only to show up somewhere else, good as new. Either way, there were people. And they were damn ready. Ready to take on the mall.

And the mall? Well, it was happy to oblige.

Welcome, all! So this here is gonna be a reboot of what was my first and probably most successful RTD to date. It was plagued by a bit of a lack of updating schedule, but that's going to change here. The rules here are basically the same as last time, except, well, everything's reset.

In short, the rules are, as follows:

-There are NO weapon stores. That means NO Gun stores, no Sword shoppes, and no Magic, unless unlocked...

-You CAN however, make weapons. If you wan, you can make a potato cannon and have it shoot bibles if you want. 

-Don't be an asshole.
Spawnkill, Godmode, and be an Asshole all you want.

-Kill as many people as you can.

I'm gonna stick with this, but feel free to go to the old thread to get a look at how this is going to play out.

The character sheet should look a bit like this:

Name:
User:
Special Skill:
Abilities: None
Inventory: A single starting item of your choice, favourably relating to your occupation
Injuries: None
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0
Achievements: 0
Reason for coming/returning to the mall:

Both the Occupation and Special Skill sections contribute to two roll bonuses your character will get in-game. For example, if your character were a Janitor and Specialized in simple weapons, they might get bonuses to Weapons Involving Liquids and Simple Weapons. All bonuses can be discusses with me, and we can work to settle on something that works for you.

Now, if someone is returning from the previous game and wishes to use their previous character, they can keep up to 3 items that they had by the end of the last update, and any abilities they had. In regards to the pokemon, only one may be brought over, for reasons of starting mostly anew and that they miiiight be a bit OP. They may also choose to just keep the bonuses they had. However, kill count, death count, achievement count, and injuries will all be reset.

On one last note, those coming from the last game get priority, and I'll only be taking 8 people to start with. I'll probably let people jump in later on, once I've gotten into the swing of things, but for now, 8 is my limit. If we start the game, and someone from the last game hops in, I'll let them join right away, but I won't kick people out. That...should be it, actually. Hope we can start this shit up soon!

Waitlist-thing
- ReDeadEr
- werty892
- Wolfkit
- bigjaredmonkey
- wipeout1024
- Playergamer
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:24:29 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded, Re-Booted, RE: That thing (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:29 pm »

Count me in. Or on the waitlist if too many people from the old game show up.

Name: Bruce Norris
User: Beirus
Reason for coming to the mall: Bruce Norris seeks a place to test his martial arts prowess, since they wouldn't let him into the tournament on Skull Island
Special Skill: Karate
Abilities:
Starting Item: Karate gi
Injuries:
Deaths:
Achievements:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:17:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 02:32:31 pm »

Name: Dinner is Served
User: NAV
Special Skill: Prehensile feet
Inventory: Paintball gun

He came to this mall to paint it the most beautiful colour, with the blood of his enemies.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:01:09 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 02:46:53 pm »

Name: Agent 0047
User: SaberToothTiger
Special Skill: Disguise
Inventory: Piano string
Reason for being in the mall: One of his targets was supposed to be here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:43:03 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »

You know what?

Would you guys mind putting in a reason why you came to the mall/came BACK to the mall? I feel like it would help flesh out this story, seeing as I'm gonna be stepping that element of this game up a bit.

Special Skill: Karate
Okay, so since those are both, well, martial arts stuff, you think you'd want a +2 to unarmed combat? Or would you like to change it a bit and get two separate bonuses?

Name: Dinner is Served
User: NAV
Special Skill: Prehensile feet
Interesting name...

Bridge-Painter = +1 to any attacks involving paint. Prehensile feet = +1 to...climbing?

Special Skill: Disguise
+1 to Disguising and maintaining a disguise, and +1 to...silent kills? Maybe? Would that work?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:04:25 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »

Name: Neil
User: Hawk132
Special Skill: CQC Expert
Inventory: Telescopic Baton

Why he came to the mall: Got fired from the last mall he worked at for using deadly force. All the time. Is looking for a new job in a new mall. To have a reason to use more deadly force protect the valuable goods.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 03:16:16 pm »

+2 to unarmed is fine with me.  Also, edited a reason into my original post.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 03:43:54 pm »

Would pets/allies count as items, for the purposes of carrying them over from the first one?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 03:49:38 pm »

Yep. However, in terms of the pokemon, I think I'll limit those to only 1 per person. I'll add that in right now.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded, Re-Booted, RE: That thing (4/8)
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 08:37:57 pm »

Name: Dennis 'Kaboom' Johnson
User: werty892
Special Skill: Explosives(Anything to do with their making or use)
Inventory: Remote Detonator, 10x Remote Activators(Attach a Remote Activators to anything to activate it remotely using the detonator, be a door, bomb, bottomless pit.) Hard Hat(Worn)

Why he came to the mall: After being fired from his last construction project for stealing dynamite, Dennis was kicked out of his home. With no money, no home, and only his jury rigged detonators, he decided to come to the mall to see if he could win himself fame and fortune.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:57:36 pm by werty892 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 08:55:07 pm »

I'll assume my last character was killed off in a drive-by from a rival drug gang between the events of the game.

Name: Sherman Caine
User: TCM
Special Skill: Vicious Capitalist
Inventory: State-of-the-Art Body Armor

Reason for coming/returning to the mall: Originally an incredibly powerful businessman who owned several franchises including "Caine's Kickass Pizzeria", the most popular fast food Pizza restaurant in North America, which was shut down after the FDA discovered the pizza served there was loaded with chemicals that promoted obesity, increased the likelihood of heart disease, and had a habit of causing consumer's heads to explode. This left Caine in deep poverty with only a couple (billion) dollars left in his bank account. He's turned to the Mall as he figures that if he can kill off everyone else, he may be able to conquer the Mall and become its new owner, thus enabling him to shoot back to the top of the corporate ladder.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 02:13:57 am »

Name:  Fernando "NACHO" Trejo
User:  GraveHaunter92
Special Skill: 
Inventory: Fighting Gloves(Infinite Use), Broken Guitar, Strange Poke-Ball, Luchador Champion's Belt, White and Gold Fur Coat
Bonuses: +1 to Brute Strength rolls and Hand-To-Hand combat(Other than fistfights)
Reason for coming/returning to the mall:

In the aftermath of the Mall Massacres, Fernando had emerged a stronger fighter than ever before.  His newly attained combat experience served him well in his return to the ring.  The newly christened Nacho carved a path of destruction through the Mexican Wrestling Circuit, becoming the most feared and respected Luchador of his lifetime.

Having gained Fame, Money, and Glory, Nacho felt he had reached the top.  With no one left to challenge him, Fernando reluctantly found himself spending less and less time in the ring, a bittersweet victory for the Wrestling Warrior.  Fernando began to spend more and more time with the lovely Tara McScara, his little Señorita who he found great joy in spoiling with his wrestling winnings, as he quietly contemplated retirement.  However, fate had other plans in store as Tara dragged him along to a strangely familiar looking locale.  What Fernando assumed would be just another day spent buying things for his girl would quickly become something far more exciting...

((Alright, I'm ready to rock!  By the way, can I assume whatever mysterious Pokemon I have in my inventory became Nacho's tag-team wrestling partner?))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:02:10 am by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 02:51:57 am »

((Just a quick post to say I'd be up for returning for the new version, can't do a whole sheet or w/e just now.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 04:46:39 am »

Those bonuses are fine with me.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 07:55:12 am »

Name: Welroki
User: Wolfkit
Special Skill: Lasers of Doom 
Inventory: Sharpened ruler
Reason for coming to the Mall: Welroki had heard that the Mall was infinitely big, and so wanted to study it, learn how to reproduce it, and possibly build an infinitely powerful laser in it just because.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7