Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Not Fit For Continuation  (Read 9096 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded, Re-Booted, RE: That thing (Starting Soon-Ish)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

8:59 P.M

A small band of people stand around outside the mall on a chilly October evening. It's pretty dark, with the few patrons illuminated only by the the bright sign above them, simply reading 'MALL'. Man, Canada builds some weird shit. As their watches strike the hour, the sign abruptly goes out, signalling the beginning of...well, whatever they wanted, really. They didn't receive a letter, respond to a flyer, not even react to gossip about the mall. They all had their own reasons for coming to the mall. Some knew what definitely COULD happen, namely Fernando and...RaN? Yeah, RaN. That was his name. But nobody really know what WOULD. Everyone glanced around, a few looking up to the sky as if to wish it goodbye for some time, and strolled inside.

The lighting contrast of outside the mall to inside was blinding. Everything was lit up, but yet lacked a sense of involvement. It was quiet, almost to the point where if one stood still for long enough, they'd go insane on the spot. The mall itself, all that the people could see, was loud, but silent at the same time. It was missing...things. Sound. People. It was the wrapping and the gift, without the tree, or the expectation of a large old man climbing down a chimney to deliver it. Unnerving. None of this really left much with the people, however. They were too busy staring each other down or looking around in pure awe. Whatever they were doing, they really didn't notice the few wall cameras focusing in on the after-hours shoppers.

The first of the group of eight was someone who looked rather spry. A fighter, perhaps. Not in the same light as the large, masked guy, but a fighter nonetheless. Even more of a clue was what he was wearing; an all-white, cloth uniform, tied up with a belt. He seemed jittery, as if he had gone far too long without punching something. A worthy competitor, if an overconfident one.

The second was...oh jesus christ that looks weird. A rather lanky fellow as well, wearing some older white clothes and some goggles on his head. However, his white clothes were much less bright. They were splattered with paints of glorious colours, especially compared to the drab slate/teal walls of the mall. He had a sly look in his eyes. He had a plan, that was for sure. What the plan was...well, that was actually quite clear. He had a backpack on, filled the brim with what looked like paintballs, and a high-powered paintball rifle in his hands. What was most notable, however, were his feet. He was...barefoot. His toes were not what one would call natural, but he seemed content with them. Time would tell with how he would do.

The third was a man of class. A black suit, a red tie, a bald head, everything there was...professional. To a T. Not a very exciting man, granted, but he knew what he was about. He had less of a plan, more of a goal. One he would reach under any circumstances. And that determination would surely be put to the test. What's with the puny wire, though? Seems a bit...underprepared for what's to come.

The fourth was DEFINITELY prepared. Also appeared to be looking for a job. Really not the right time, place, or...well, position. There wasn't even a help wanted thing anywhere, why the hell did he come to the Mall? Eh. Either way, yeah, definitely prepared. Aggressive, too. A bit twitchy, but definitely not someone to mess with. Maybe that's because he's twitchy and carries a baton. Looks to be some kind of guard. Not exactly what this mall needs. Definitely what it's been wanting, though.

Fifth on the list was a douche. Oh, sorry, a RICH douche. Much different.

The rest were returning faces, albeit some slightly...different. Fernando Trejo was one, returning from what was a spectacular run through the Mexican Wrestling scene. From what was going around, he had managed to procure an Arceus, of all things, that had taken a liking to him and worked as his tag-team partner in spectacle matches. Granted, it took a little while before it knew that it was fighting non-lethal fights, but it was a good partner nonetheless. He seemed a bit more confident, and definitely happier. Maybe that was due to...Tara, actually. Of all those who fought the previous time, she was not one to expect a repeat occurrence from. She was definitely different, moving steadily into adulthood. Gone was everything that made her, well, her from before, and new was, again, everything really. The only real hint of her previous self was the golden, bejewelled pipe hanging from her waist, like a little bit of her memories hanging on to her for dear life. Last but not least, was that guy. That fucker. What a douche. He was back, and seemed to remember everything, unlike the other two. He was prepared. Over-prepared, if you can be for the Mall. He even brought his little sidekick from last time with him, May. Ugh. He's gonna be a real problem.

As the cameras scan over the folks just inside the mall, they begin getting restless. That restlessness is quickly fuelled further by the sliding doors closing once again and locking magnetically with an audible *click*. Some expect an explanation over the loudspeakers. Others expect things to go dark. The idea that it's all a joke and that someone's going to emerge from a door somewhere and invite them around is submitted, tossed around, and ultimately rejected. The only thing that does happen, however, is a map. Yes, a map.

Specifically a map board. As everyone squabbles and freaks out, panels shift and turn, a large board rising out of the ground. It's only when it *CHUNK*s into place that everyone realizes its presence. They rush over and gaze over it.

Upon further inspection it's...not really a map board. More of just a list of major places in the mall, with buttons beside them. Down one side is a list of places such as 'Atrium', or 'Galaxyland', or 'Banque de Montréal'. What's on the other side of the board is what's really interesting. One of the eight recognizes it and slips it over his wrist, while everyone else kinda just...looks at them. A bunch of wrist-watch-like devices, with what seem like touch screens and an overly-futuristic holographic projector. A small beige square above them reads with red text, "Try me on! I'll fit like a glove!"

Everyone quickly proceeds to follow the example of that one guy, slipping their devices on. As they do so, the feel a quick pain in their wrists, just below the face of the 'Watch'. On the screen, each person's face quickly pops up, along with a bunch of numbers, words, and things that just...don't mean shit right now. Nothing much else happens. No announcements, no pamphlets, no information at all. It seems that everyone's alone this time. In the dark. Metaphorically, of course. It's blindingly bright in there...

Current Group Location: Entrance

Spoiler: The Map Board (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Store Directory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Why did we do this again?
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

Name:Bob, king of mooks
User:BigJaredMonkey
Special Skill:Summon Mooks
Abilities: None
Inventory: giant styrofoam axe with special attack that reveals obvious weak point when used
Injuries: None
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0
Achievements: 0
Reason for coming/returning to the mall: needs bigger mook palace. who needs one anyway to join the chaos?
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

That reminds me, I'm gonna stick up a waitlist to pull people from in the OP.

TADA! Done!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:21:36 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 04:23:45 pm »

Look intimidatingly towards other people. They are an obstacle, they may pose a problem if not removed soon. The guy with the baton, however, didn't look as foolish as some other ones, like that rich guy. He may require... an accident. Head to the Banque du Montreal!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 04:26:44 pm »

Baldy begins to take a few steps away from the group, obviously wanting to go somewhere in particular, but then stops, and realizes that he has no clue where the Banque de Montréal IS. He does remember that there are buttons on that board next to the different places, but no actual map. This is problematic. He heads back to the group. Wandering would have to wait.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 04:55:07 pm »

Press the button next to the Banque!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:29:15 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 05:13:10 pm »

Press the Galaxyland button! Attempt to go there!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 05:15:57 pm »

"Another fighter? Truly, I look forward to testing myself against you." Bruce says as he notices Fernando. However, his attention is quickly drawn to the bald man trying to be intimidating. Of course, that must be a challenge. The first round would take place now. Bruce smiled, looking forward to using this man as a way to vent his frustration at not being allowed into the Skull Island tournament. "Challenge accepted, bald man. This fight shall begin. Hajime!"

Go roundhouse kick Agent 0047 in the head. Hard.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 05:50:16 pm »

Sherman presses the button for the Banque du Montréal, with the utmost Bourgeois fashion.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »

Change of plan. This idiot seems to want to stop me, but I don't have time for this. Kick him in the balls.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 06:48:39 pm »

Press the button for Galaxyland with my toe.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 10:36:41 am »

Bump for our three returnees.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:06 pm »

Fernando laughs heartily at Bruce Norris as he goes to roundhouse kick the bald man.
"VERY WELL AMIGO!  I shall be here when you want a real fight!"

Nacho glances around the Mall, and begins to size up the other people trapped in here with him and Tara.  At first reluctant, but now getting more and more excited as his memories return to him, the Luchador balls his fist and stands tall as he speaks out to the whole mall.

"Let me make one thing clear to all of you!  I shall gladly fight anyone who dares to challenge me, but should any of you attempt to harm Tara here THEN I WILL CRUSH YOU LIKE INSECTS!"

Fernando boasts and strikes a pose, attempting to flex so hard that his fur coat is destroyed
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:23:57 pm by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

RaNDM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mall Fight
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 11:17:18 pm »

"So... we're back?"

"So we're back... I know I asked you to come here, but... Last chance to back out?"

The girl called May slipped on the watch, hardly flinching as the needle sank into her flesh.

"That settles it then."

I fasten on the watch. At first the familiar tickle, then an electric shock. My hand bangs against the display as the device drills into the bone of my wrist.

"Fucking Christ! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow-"

Not caring for my theatrics, May looks up toward the skybox, her finger up to her lips in thought. "Where to first...", she muses.

"I could go for a battery run, honestly."

"Shush. You still owe me for my precious 'Mon, and for breaking my bazooka, AND for ruining my life with your stupid Mall games!"

"... I admit everything but that second part."

"B-but you scratched it!"

"It still works! Why didn't you bring it?!"

"Because you put a big, ugly scratch on it! Ugh!"

"I think we're getting a little sidetracked. Let's find a place to hold out, then we can-"

"Let's look for your stupid friends and go, before I change my mind!"

"... Fine."

>RaN: Navigate. Appropriate some bank or broom closet for a base, then set about for weapons and materials. This Mall is everchanging, but you still know your way around the place.

>May: Watch for challengers. Look tough/annoyed at RaN. ADMIRE THE LUCHADOR'S GORGEOUS PECS... From a distance.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:49:20 pm by RaNDM »
I can't deal, man.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »

>May: Watch for challengers. Look tough/annoyed at RaN. ADMIRE THE LUCHADOR'S GORGEOUS PECS... From a distance.

((KEK))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7