Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: Mafia Victory!  (Read 39555 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: N2: A Toast for a Fallen Toaster
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2014, 08:14:19 pm »

TDS: I'd like to hear our remaining IC's thoughts on this.

It's LyLo now, so we have to lynch scum today or we lose.

Salsacookies is still as scummy as ever. I'd like him to respond to my questions yesterday. As far as I can tell, we never did. Also:

Scripten Jim accused you of giving advice, and he is not night-killed. Scummy to me. Very scummy.

Why is Scripten scummy for giving advice? What does the night-kill have to do with it? This looks like an accusation to throw the focus off yourself.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D3: No More Mistakes
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »

Well, Salsacookies is my primary suspect... Why did you FoS Jim?
I assume you meant that Scripten got threatened by Jim so he night killed Jim?

But Scripten seems the second most scummy, so probably him if I had to. I'm not really getting any scum reads from anyone else.
He was giving odd advice to Salsacookies, and talking about Illgeo being a power role to try and get him to claim? It just seems odd...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:18 pm »

I may be dead but I can still give advice. The game is now lylo so oh wait nevermind you guys are already going at it.

Well, in any case, closely examining the remaining players alive and looking at all their posts is a good idea. As TheDarkStar mentioned, town must lynch scum today, otherwise they lose.

Good luck!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:49 pm »

I think we just had a derphammer. Guys, voting right out of the gate during LyLo is a terrible idea when both scum are still in the game. All it takes is for a townie to vote another townie, and then both scum quickhammer together.

Advising people to unvote for now and talk it over, if the hammer didn't actually fall.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2014, 08:50:03 pm »

You can't hammer in beginner. I learned that last game.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2014, 08:50:14 pm »

Scum IC popping in to give impartial advice.

Scripten is wrong about the hammer, I believe; hammers aren't in effect.

• If the game is in a LYLO or MYLO situation, there will be no formal deadline. >50% Players must vote to end the day, or votes must not change for 24-hours.
[/li][/list]

In order to end the day, a leading lynch target must be selected, yes, but also players have to say "End the day".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2014, 08:56:42 pm »

So basically, if a town player votes to end the day and we choose the wrong person to vote for, the scum win. We should wait at least a day or two before ending this so that we can discuss things.

Salsacookies: You are the only person who has not posted yet. What are your thoughts?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

Oh, good.

Sorry, guys. Playing on several different forums does that to you. :P Carry on!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2014, 05:51:07 pm »

So basically, if a town player votes to end the day and we choose the wrong person to vote for, the scum win. We should wait at least a day or two before ending this so that we can discuss things.

Salsacookies: You haven't posted in a while, and that single post was a very short post that didn't respond to anything. What are your thoughts?

EBWOP, since I missed Salsa's post. My questions stands: What are your thoughts on LyLo and what are your responses to the various questions that you have been asked?

Also, is anyone going to change their vote, or is Salsa going to get lynched today? Are we in agreement? Personally, I think that Salsa is the scummiest here, but everyone else should also state their opinion.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2014, 06:47:56 pm »

TheDarkStar: I don't think that Salsa is scum. He reads to me like a newb more than anything. Lynching players for poor play isn't really the greatest way to find scum. I am a little curious, though, about some of your play.

Scripten, what makes you so eager to lynch a clueless random townsperson?

Kilojoule Proton
, why are you advocating the lynch of the person voting you for no other reason than that he is voting for you? Also, there's that townclaim there that really doesn't make you seem like you're town at all.

KP was town and, while I did lead the lynch here, I find it interesting that you both sheeped my vote and chainsaw defended* me from him. I'm also curious as to what happened to that scum read you had on me. It felt toothless and makes me very suspicious of you having buddied me.

* Chainsaw defense is when a player defends/buddies another player by attacking a player that is confronting them, so as to divert attention.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »

TheDarkStar: I don't think that Salsa is scum. He reads to me like a newb more than anything. Lynching players for poor play isn't really the greatest way to find scum. I am a little curious, though, about some of your play.

Scripten, what makes you so eager to lynch a clueless random townsperson?

Kilojoule Proton
, why are you advocating the lynch of the person voting you for no other reason than that he is voting for you? Also, there's that townclaim there that really doesn't make you seem like you're town at all.

KP was town and, while I did lead the lynch here, I find it interesting that you both sheeped my vote and chainsaw defended* me from him. I'm also curious as to what happened to that scum read you had on me. It felt toothless and makes me very suspicious of you having buddied me.

* Chainsaw defense is when a player defends/buddies another player by attacking a player that is confronting them, so as to divert attention.

Part of my vote on Salsa is that he hasn't replied to any of the questions to him yet. When he answers, I might reconsider, but I currently don't have as much to work with as I'd like to.

Second, why would you find it odd that I vote someone for scummy play? Yes, he voted for you, but how does that make his action less scummy/give me a reason not to vote someone for it? It was a legitimate scummy action.

However, I have a question to you: Why are you "chainsawing"? Just after I voted for Salsa, you voted for me; unlike in my case, however, you focused on defending Salsa instead of attacking me. I also notice how your opinion of Salsa has been changing - when Day 2 was starting, you voted him with a pressure vote and then later said how scummy he was, but then you quickly changed your vote and encouraged an Illgeo lynch when people started seriously voting for Salsa. Why?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »

Part of my vote on Salsa is that he hasn't replied to any of the questions to him yet. When he answers, I might reconsider, but I currently don't have as much to work with as I'd like to.

This I can understand, but I feel like you've been mostly concentrating on Salsa since KP was lynched. I haven't really seen any interaction from your end aimed at any other player.That is beautiful, though.

Second, why would you find it odd that I vote someone for scummy play? Yes, he voted for you, but how does that make his action less scummy/give me a reason not to vote someone for it? It was a legitimate scummy action.

That's what I thought when you made that post. It's just that I've felt like you haven't really followed up on the scumread you had, which made that post feel like buddying in retrospect.

However, I have a question to you: Why are you "chainsawing"? Just after I voted for Salsa, you voted for me; unlike in my case, however, you focused on defending Salsa instead of attacking me.

This is untrue. My case is built entirely around your play throughout the game.

I also notice how your opinion of Salsa has been changing - when Day 2 was starting, you voted him with a pressure vote and then later said how scummy he was, but then you quickly changed your vote and encouraged an Illgeo lynch when people started seriously voting for Salsa. Why?

My reads change and thus so do my opinions. My vote change was not quick. It took several days and a decent amount of interaction before I decided to shift my vote. I also note that as soon as I called you out for sheeping my votes all game, you promptly stopped doing so. You were not on the Illgeo wagon at day end. Felt calculated to me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »

Vote Count:
<3> Salsacookies: Cptn Kaladin Anrilokum, Worldmaster27, TheDarkStar
<0> Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum:
<0> Worldmaster27:
<1> Scripten: Salsacookies
<1> TheDarkStar: Scripten
<0> No Lynch:

Not voting: nobody

<0/3> Shorten:

Day 3 will end when you tell it to.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2014, 04:59:23 pm »

Salsacookies, where are you!?! Or have you given up? Because you should never give up!

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2014, 08:42:58 pm »

Where is everyone? Game appears dead...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18